• Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for gabby 71)
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 76)
    • Sidwell (for A Young 82)

Ho hum.

Excellent 5 goal win today.

Villatalk posters at each others' throats...

Me? Off to celebrate.

Didn't watch the game - had to take bro & sis to watch Fulham v SHA (:crylaugh:).

Yet to watch video of game buI already know it was an excellent win 'cos of the scoreline.

Well done MON & the boys. Particularly Cuellar. Great at right back.

I desperately hope the players never read this board. It depresses me but it would probably destroy a players confidence. 5-2 with some amazing play and still negativity. Some days I find this board brilliant but most match days it's terrible to read. Nothing quite like having a GREAT day, driving back to Wales and having your sunshine pissed on. Every week. We as fans have become sh*t, frankly.

For me MOTM was Petrov, just. He was everywhere in the centre of the pitch, winning the ball time after time, he really held it together in the centre that gave us the platform to build on.

What the hell? Even the Petrov lovers could see he was pretty poor today, non-existant for much of the game and the amount of times their midfielders walked past him was getting ridicolous.

Petrov lovers? Perhaps some people are just better judges of the game than you. If you think he was pretty poor today then I certainly question your judgement personally.

I agree, it's great to get a big win but why do we keep letting in a late goal - goal difference means so much. Incidentally, how come Liverpool are above us in the table on same points and same goal difference - yet they've played a game more????

I desperately hope the players never read this board. It depresses me but it would probably destroy a players confidence. 5-2 with some amazing play and still negativity. Some days I find this board brilliant but most match days it's terrible to read. Nothing quite like having a GREAT day, driving back to Wales and having your sunshine pissed on. Every week. We as fans have become sh*t, frankly.

I think it's appalling. Today we equalled our record for goals conceded during prem games at home. How shit is that?

It's just lucky that so many teams are worse than us, or else we'd be relegated.

I agree, it's great to get a big win but why do we keep letting in a late goal - goal difference means so much. Incidentally, how come Liverpool are above us in the table on same points and same goal difference - yet they've played a game more????

If goal difference is the same then it goes on goals scored. I.e. Liverpool have scored more and we have conceded less.

For me MOTM was Petrov, just. He was everywhere in the centre of the pitch, winning the ball time after time, he really held it together in the centre that gave us the platform to build on.

What the hell? Even the Petrov lovers could see he was pretty poor today, non-existant for much of the game and the amount of times their midfielders walked past him was getting ridicolous.

Petrov lovers? Perhaps some people are just better judges of the game than you. If you think he was pretty poor today then I certainly question your judgement personally.

Well the first half, we generally were poor and he didn't actually do much, made a couple decent tackles but then second half, Eagles must have gone past him 2/3 times at least, Bikey aswell and then you just saw him jogging back. He's good at reading the game but when people actually run at him, defensively he's so bad it's untrue.

It's stupid though, if Reo-Coker put in this performance today, most people on here would be saying how poor he played, How bad his efforts on goal were, the fact people went past him. Petrov defensively was average today where usually he's good and passing wise, it was usual safe passing so i'd hardly say it was a good game. I thought it was lower than his usual standards like Fulham away where he actually was brilliant.

He looked knackered throughout most of the game.

Five goals, Jimmy back in business, Downing making a decisive contribution (great strike for his first), Young in form, Gabby getting another goal - awesome.

Happy with that. Well done boys. :)

Well the first half, we generally were poor and he didn't actually do much, made a couple decent tackles but then second half, Eagles must have gone past him 2/3 times at least, Bikey aswell and then you just saw him jogging back. He's good at reading the game but when people actually run at him, defensively he's so bad it's untrue.

It's stupid though, if Reo-Coker put in this performance today, most people on here would be saying how poor he played, How bad his efforts on goal were, the fact people went past him. Petrov defensively was average today where usually he's good and passing wise, it was usual safe passing so i'd hardly say it was a good game. I thought it was lower than his usual standards like Fulham away where he actually was brilliant.

This.

Oh, and in the second half, Downing, Heskey, Gaby and Milner were brilliant.

Ashley Young was brilliant all game, MOTM.

Good attendance today, by the way. Live on TV, etc. I hope there's a big crowd for the Palace game. Anyone have any ideas how many tickets we've sold?

The General said they were expecting 29k.

It was about 38k according to telly.

Good attendance today, by the way. Live on TV, etc. I hope there's a big crowd for the Palace game. Anyone have any ideas how many tickets we've sold?

The General said they were expecting 29k.

It was about 38k according to telly.

They are referring to the attendance for Wednesdays game, not today

Though I recognize some of your accusations about Stan (and agree that you have, at times, praised him), it seems to be a constant theme that you accuse him of being shagged whenever he plays.

Is Petrov an energetic, running around like a headless chicken kind of player that NRC often (if not most times) is? No, he isn't and never has been and he certainly isn't some kind of 'engine' bombing up and down from kick off to finishing whistle.

You often seem to ignore whatever he does that is good unless it is a 'defence splitting pass'. You especially seem to ignore that he might be a crucial part of a team; a cog; the cog, even.

Bad then Good ....Well I'm pretty sure that's how it went!!

I got called out by the stewards just after half time when Burnley were all over us...

to move my car ....:shock:

WE SCORED 4 GOALS IN THE 2ND HALF AND I MISSED ALL OF THEM!!

as everyone reminded me when I sat back down!

In fact the bloke in front asked if they had a whip round would I please leave again so we'd score some more!!

:bang:

I thought Petrov, Downing & Collins were good today but Ashley Young got my vote for MOTM. He wasn't just great going forward he made some fine interceptions tracking back also.

Has anyone else seen Downing's post-match interview on the beeb website...how many times does he say "like I say" in the 2 minute segment...I got to 67 then gave up !!

First half everything was shit (including the internet streams), second half all was much improved - except Carlos' passing. Nice to see the attacking unit gaining in confidence ready for the big week ahead. The key for me was the speed at which they attack...much faster in the 2nd half.

Gabby MOTM for me. His movement in the second half was very good (which suprised me because i always felt this was a weakness of his) especially for the goal he grabbed.

Some of the complaints about Petrov seem harsh, i thought he played very well considering his midfield partner was pushing forward so much and leaving him exposed.

Hope we continue to play more open against the 'weaker' team we have coming up. UP VILLA!