• Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for gabby 71)
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 76)
    • Sidwell (for A Young 82)

5-2 is 5-2.

Creating from open play is still a concern though.

I'm not taking away from our goals but Burnley really did just roll over and didnt bother; we still had to put them away but Utd and possibly even Palace wont be so keen to let us score.

We need to figure out how to brake down a team who sit and defend, teams know we like to counter attack so dont let us.

We still won though, thats the most important thing.

For 20 minutes we were outstanding today but struggled the other 70. A win is a win however and can't knock 5 goals. Really felt Young showed glimpses of getting back to how he was. Also I am made up for Downing today with his 2 goals coz i do like him but again he looked poor today, hopefully his goals will kick start his confidence. results have gone for us other than Spurs beating wigan 2-0 at the mo.

Well after winning and scoring 5 I cam see why some were annoyed with MON picking a strong side, playing cuellar at RB and picking injured petrov and heskey.

Entertaining match thread

I still think Young should be right back over Cuellar. Although play Cuellar at CB.

Just wondering who you think should generally be Villa's right back?

Well after winning and scoring 5 I cam see why some were annoyed with MON picking a strong side, playing cuellar at RB and picking injured petrov and heskey.

Entertaining match thread

We did enough. Arguably Young would have done a better job than Cuellar, Delph would have at least put himself about, unlike Stan, and the Fonz may have been more energised than Heskey. But that's in hindsight. It has often been proved that we play more positively with these players.

You could tell in the first half that those players knew they'd be in the final, and it had a negative effect.

Young is a better RB but obviously Cuellar offers height at defending/attacking set pieces. It's a tough call. Against the weaker teams at home would prefer Young to play as is better with the ball. In the final I would go with Cuellar to be fair.

You could tell in the first half that those players knew they'd be in the final, and it had a negative effect.

:lol:

How could you tell that?

You must be a world class body language reader.

What happened in the 2nd half then, were they no longer going to play in the final?

:lol:

How could you tell that?

You must be a world class body language reader.

What happened in the 2nd half then, were they no longer going to play in the final?

They got a kick up the arse and Burnley capitulated. Villa's play usually involves high energy... not a lot of that in the first half, with the exception of young

Young is a better RB but obviously Cuellar offers height at defending/attacking set pieces. It's a tough call. Against the weaker teams at home would prefer Young to play as is better with the ball. In the final I would go with Cuellar to be fair.

Against United, I probably would too.

Then again, it was the Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock defence that got a clean sheet at United.

agbonlahor MOM. worked hard all game, didnt put a foot wrong, had some nice touches and got a goal. Credit to Young also, he worked hard to help us fight our way back into the game. Hope the 2 goals will give Downing a bit of confidence, he's been poor of late.

Sadly I only caught second half but I had to ask someone if Petrov had been sent off because apart from his attempted lob he was nowhere to be seen.

Thought we played very well though. I just wish Villa would keep up the tempo, the last goal was so dissapointing and shouldn't happen. We need to be on our game 100% even if we are 8-0 up with 5 mins.

Collins and ESPECIALLY Cuellar need to stop hoofing.

Ash, Milner, Gabby and Downing where all great!!

Looking forward to Palace midweek!!

Disagree with so much of this that i don't know where to start!

Not sure what you can disagree with?

Petrov was non existant which for a central midfielder is pretty poor banter.

Collins and Cuellar hoof way too much (especially Cuellar).

Last 10 mins we should have kept up the pace. We are only getting ourselves into bad habits for future matches by playing half hearted and creating more opportunities for injury.

Discuss

BTW Great result, too happy ;-)

very poor first half, we played well for about 15 mins and that was more than enough against burnley who looked terrible at the back

other than the 15 minute spell there wasnt much between the teams imo, but as i said, we were able to take advantage when we were in the ascendency

need a much bigger performance if we are to win next week

We were shit first half. Real shit. Burnley played some good football.

Second half complete different story, Downing was but a shadow of the player he was in the first half, he was quality in the second half. Special mention to Ashley Young who I feel is back at his best once again and is taking players on now.

Decent attendance thought it would be a lot lower considering day, time and that it was on TV. Really pleased with scoring 5 goals at home. Can't wait for the next two games now.