• Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for gabby 71)
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 76)
    • Sidwell (for A Young 82)

just a few points from me..

Ash MOTM - Back to his best! Almost got a 2nd goal with a decent free kick.

Downing - a close second! He didn't play amazing first half (but no-one did, bar Ashley), Second half he seemed like a different player and he was determined to get a hat-trick! More of this please Downing!

Cuellar... Martin!! Stop playing a centre back on the right!.. Too many times he hoofed the ball upfield when Luke Young would have taken on his man instead

Petrov - controlled the midfield well enough, but again his feet looked rooted to the ground when a few tackles would have helped - and his tendancy to pass backwards and kill our attacks is doing my nut in.

3 well-earned points, bring on Crystal Palace!

New chant, maybe:

Julie, would you,

Julie, would you,

Would you go and move your car, move your car;

Julie, would you try and park your car.

:P

Sorry, Julie.

Cheek!... :lol:

It does often work actually....if I decide to go to the loo or to fetch a drink during a game we score!! :shock:

Is anyone else concerned with the fact that we still have a big gaping hole between the midfield and defence? It's like we just let teams play through us in that area and is still a big concern of mine....

It is a BIG concern!

I think it's because Milner joins Downing or Young on the wing and leaves Petrov in the middle.. (the majority of the time is when Downing is playing on the right; he's hesitant to take on players so Milner overlaps)

Another midfielder HAS to be on MON's wishlist for the summer.

I wouldn't mind if we reverted to a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 permanant tactic and had a different CM with Milner pushing up behind our Striker - but the way we currently play either works really well or doesn't work at all (the contrast from the first and second half against Burnley exemplifies this perfectly)

was quite amusing during the 1st half when under no pressure Petrov blasted the ball straight up in the air sideways, but then won it back. thought milner, downing and stan were poor in the first half but my main concern yesterday was the performances of warnock and dunne - they both looked out of sorts. gabby or ash for motm

The 4th goal was quality, great ball by Milner and the ball in from Gabby was perfect, was that Heskeys first league goal at VP for us?

No it wasnt. Scored against West Ham at Home last year, there may be others aswell.

Also - Who on earth voted for Sidwell? And why?

Wow, Milner has a massive 8 votes from 150 in a match where he got 3 assists !!

Having said that, I went for Young :)

How many assists does he have now, surely must be near the top of the assists charts.

1 Francesc Fabregas Arsenal 13

2 James Milner Aston Villa 11

3 Frank Lampard Chelsea 10

4 Didier Drogba Chelsea 9

5 Ryan Giggs Man Utd 9

6 Aaron Lennon Tottenham 9

7 Matthew Etherington Stoke City 8

8 Craig Bellamy Manchester City 7

9 Kevin Davies Bolton 7

10 Antonio Valencia Man Utd 7

11 Robin van Persie Arsenal 7

12 Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 6

As a side note....

Thought Sky gave no credit to Villa for scoring 5 goals yesterday. It was ALL about how naff Burnley defended.

Not sure what MOTD2 had to say about the game cos ...like the 4 goals in the 2nd half - I missed it!!

Surely some credit goes to our wingers & the guys upfront?!!

Even Brian Law said our wingers murdered them...

What I think goes under the radar is the clever way Milner, Downing & Young are continually swapping positions...throughout the games, it must be a nightmare to mark them.

Surely some credit goes to our wingers & the guys upfront?!!

Even Brian Law said our wingers murdered them...

What I think goes under the radar is the clever way Milner, Downing & Young are continually swapping positions...throughout the games, it must be a nightmare to mark them.

At times our play was unstoppable, all the important players, creative wise, seemed to click into place. Milner, Young, Gabby and Downing just seemed to grow in stature over a five minute period. If they can maintain that sort of form for any length of a time in a match, then Villa should fear no team.

My MOTM, A Young.

We have some very important games coming up and we seem to be flickering into life. If we can win these next few games and gain some consistency, then we could be entering a very important time in our History. UTV :D

Poor start but after about 20-25 minutes we started to take more and more control of the game but didn't create any real clear chances on goal. A little lucky with the goal but then again, if you get your shot through like Ash did, there's every chance that it goes in as the keeper won't be able to see the ball before it's too late.

The 2nd half started equally bad and we could've gone one down again but didn't and from our 2nd goal there was never any real doubt anymore. Felt good to see us finish a game off quite early for a change. Very unnecassary to let that goal in and I mostly blame Cuellar for it, but in the end of the day, when you're 5-1 up and have two very important games coming up the week after I guess it's quite normal to just play the game off to avoid injuries and don't wear yourself out too much.

I've seen us play better but I'm very happy for the 5 goals scored and the 3 points gained. Can't ask for much more. And I think it was good that Downing got his first for us in the PL. Great finish for the 1st one.

I thought Gabby were the MOTM but Young and Downing weren't far behind. With a few others just behind them.