• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for gabby 71)
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 76)
    • Sidwell (for A Young 82)

A convincing win for a very unconvincing Villa.

After 50 minutes we were lucky to be level, after 58 we were out of sight.

Some good stuff, but we need to figure out how to break things down, just crosses won't always win you a game.

I thought Collins was fantastic and Young and Downing excellent once they got going.

We're like a boxer with a big punch, we can still knock the opponent over even when we're not winning the fight.

The result was everything today and we've got it, but I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for Burnley.

Very happy with Gabby today. I know he was injured but you might also say he had an enforced break.

When he's good he's really good, some great passes and crosses today.

I agree i think we really have a very good striker on our hands now. This season he's been very very good, with little support.

Very happy with Gabby today. I know he was injured but you might also say he had an enforced break.

When he's good he's really good, some great passes and crosses today.

Yeah, for someone who technically isn't very good according to some people.

The hold up play for Petrov's shot in the first half.

The ball wide to Ash Young in second half. The cross for Heskey and the strength for his goal.

He did have a chance to score, I think he should of tried to place it at the near post but the keeper made the tight angle and he tried to be clever and lift it over him!

Still at New Street waiting for my train back so I might aswell give my views now.

To me it was a very odd match. For the most part of ot we were awful. We played some brilliant stuff in the first 25 minutes of the second half though.

We can't afford to play like we did in the first half at Wembley or we will get pasted. I'm sure the lads will lay out of their skins though. If we play thr way we did in the first 25 minutes of the second half then we stand an excellent chance of winning the cup in my opinion.

Oir defence did seem a bit sloppu though today, once again. Their two gial were both far too easy. We all know how good our back four are though, so hopefully it was just a case of one eye on Wembley.

The two best players today were Young and Gabby in my opinion. Both played very well and looked a threat constantly. Heskey on the other hand looked very poor apart from one or two good touches.

Strange bag today but it's the result that counts. Another three points on the board. UTV!

Never thought we were in too much trouble. Their first was a good goal but they didn't have many chances overall.

Ash and Milner good I thought.

Downing awful before his first that I think he scuffed. Then he improved and you see the confidence in him.

Still not happy at all with Cuellar at RB, he should be moved into the centre and Collins should be on the bench.

That team will start final.

Heskey on the other hand looked very poor apart from one or two good touches.

The man can do no right can he? His hold up play was good, won 9/10 headers or chested it down to show awareness and scored a nice goal..which showed him charging into the area which people always say he never does.

Awful first half but fantastic second proper jekyll and hyde performance, but some massive positives as i think all 4 goalscorers really needed to get one. Roll on Wembley

Sidwell is shit, he has to go as he offers us nothing.

He played 8mins........

Had he played for 88 mins, he would have still been shit.

He's just not that good I'm afraid, he's not the kind of player to take us forward.

Deary me, we scored 5, had some very good finishing displays and all some people can talk about is Sidwell being shit.

Sadly I only caught second half but I had to ask someone if Petrov had been sent off because apart from his attempted lob he was nowhere to be seen.

Thought we played very well though. I just wish Villa would keep up the tempo, the last goal was so dissapointing and shouldn't happen. We need to be on our game 100% even if we are 8-0 up with 5 mins.

Collins and ESPECIALLY Cuellar need to stop hoofing.

Ash, Milner, Gabby and Downing where all great!!

Looking forward to Palace midweek!!

Sadly I only caught second half but I had to ask someone if Petrov had been sent off because apart from his attempted lob he was nowhere to be seen.

Thought we played very well though. I just wish Villa would keep up the tempo, the last goal was so dissapointing and shouldn't happen. We need to be on our game 100% even if we are 8-0 up with 5 mins.

Collins and ESPECIALLY Cuellar need to stop hoofing.

Ash, Milner, Gabby and Downing where all great!!

Looking forward to Palace midweek!!

Disagree with so much of this that i don't know where to start!

Friedel 6- nothing to do and not at fault

Cuellar 6- so, so, but distribution was poor and Luke Young must be thinking similarly. Lost his man for the first

Collins 6.5- ok

Dunne 6.5- an off day by Dunney's impressive standards.

Warnock 6- lost his man for the 2nd

Downing 6- an utterly dire first half was followed by two surprise goals and an improved performance

Petrov 5- allowed poorer players to drift past him throughout the game. Negative in possession and rarely made himself available

Milner 5- a spectator for much of the game and his tackling was often pitiful

Young 7.5*- bright, enthusiastic, and often our only spark. Good delivery, for the most part.

Heskey 6.5- a little sluggish but was reasonable

Gabby 6.5- worked fairly hard and improved in the second half

-

Carew 5- needs to do more with the time he gets

Fonz- should have been on sooner for me

Sidwell- ran around aimlessly

I thought in the first half we had one eye on the final, not closing people down, no energy (Stan and Milner with the exception of Ash) and I questioned MONs bog standard team selection. However with a bit of luck and a second goal we came up against a side bereft of any confidence and I can't think of any opposition who have looked worse than Burnley in recent times. Coyle has left a mess and I really feel for their fans.

Overall a very positive result and here's hoping they pull their fingers out in the final because that first half was dreadful and we've gotten away with it today.

Fonz and Delph in mid week please MON and please for christs sake rest Milner and Petrov.

Wasn't too worried at any time, we were always going to win. But I'm really disappointed with Carlos for the final goal, he had the ball and Milner I think was calling for the ball but Carlos tried to do the standard long pass that everyone in the ground could see he was going to do and they got the ball with room to quickly counter. I was screaming at the TV when he did it and it's a prime example of our major problem - poor decision making. We are like England before Capello, always looking for the killer ball before we need to and it means we lose possession too easily and sometimes in dangerous areas. If we could be a bit more patient with keeping possession, build up a bit more and then quickly play through the right areas (like in the 2nd half today) we would be devastating. I look forward to the team settling enough to do that.

Come on Wigan.

Cracking stuff for a spell after the break, but we were cack first half.

Also, I know it didnt matter today but we MUST stop conceding late goals.

And here's the real shocker - the Ref had a good game