PL: Burnley h Match Thread 2010/02/21 14:00

limpid

They are definitely trying, but look sluggish, lethargic and touch has gone, etc.

Quite simply the same as last season - the way we play - high tempo, etc means we get results, but by this stage of the season

we

are

simply

SHATTERED.

Milner looks out on his feet.

We need to freshen things up - Martin is just too safe in his selections - he said all of last season that he'd learnt that the top teams use their squads, he bough more players, then once again he KEEPS playing the same side.

If you can't change things around when you're playing Burnley, when can you?

It's daft and it's why we're struggling - and why we struggled last season. You can SEE they're just out of puff and ideas.

It does really annoy me, and I'm a real MON fan. His faith in the players is such that it's done for the right reasons, but someone needs to have a word.

Anyone can see we're DESPERATE for a bit of freshening up.

If we sort out our crossing we'll score again.

What's the **** point?

It's always Downing/Ash, Agbonlahor and Milner working in tandem down one flank to get a cross in and the only 2 **** people in the box who are trying to get onto the end of it - Heskey whose heading is laughable and Downing/Ash.

Petrov can't get into the box or he'll leave a **** big hole in the midfield.

The way we play is stupid, honestly. All our play happens on the flank, whereby it's easy for the opposition to just overload with players.

When Heskey or Agbonlahor gets the ball, they always look to pass to the wide players rather than pass inside.

Why can't Downing and Ash tuck in a little bit when they don't have the ball and try and make something through the middle? And when they want to get out wide it's not that much of a hassle to move out wide again.

Once again our ridiculously inefficient way of playing is getting shown up.

3, 4 players camped on one flank just to get in one **** cross for 2 people, one of which can't head a ball to save his life is horribly cost-ineffective.

I hate the way we play. I really do.

That about nails it for me.

we are evry lucky today we have been miserably poor, god help us at wembley if we perform like this against united. just too predicatble.

he should take off heskey NOW. he is useless and needs to go in the summer. downing has been poor too. i would bring on carew i think he could be effective against them

Am I the only one who thinks that Ash has played well?

Not sure about 'well'. He's been OK though, doesn't deserve all this stick. Downing has been poor, Heskey isn't good enough, and Cuellar isn't a full back. They're the main problems, but they are every week and nothing ever changes.

Its about 3 points today

Your right! That's why some people can't understand why Cuellar is at right back. Luke Young and Warnock are both fantastic full-backs and get forward really well which would definately help our football and create width for us.

It's just stupid, it's like dropping Ash Young and telling Sidwell to play right midfield. Just pointless.

Why can't people understand it? Cuellar has been there most of the season. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Cuellar has been a key component in our defence this season at right back and it is that defensive strength that is the foundation of our season not our ability going forward.

We should have enough in the side to beat Burnley today without Young getting forward. Out of interest, who has the better scoring record for Villa? Ceullar or Young??? You want to talk about ability going forward yet seem to not realise that Cuellar has made more contribution. I'm not saying Cuellar is a better RB than Young but its not so unthinkable or daft that he should be selected there today.

Its nothing like dropping Young for Sidwell seeing as Ceullar has been first choice RB most of the season.

Yes going forward for a full-back means the ability to over-lap your winger and get a good cross in and create width nice and high up the pitch. Cuellar is great but he's not a natural full-back and doesn't do this. Warnock hasn't scored in the league this season, so does that make Cuellar better going forward? No.

Cuellar is not a better RB than Young. He's a brilliant CB, an average RB who has been got at defensively today and offers nothing going forward.

Its about 3 points today

Your right! That's why some people can't understand why Cuellar is at right back. Luke Young and Warnock are both fantastic full-backs and get forward really well which would definately help our football and create width for us.

It's just stupid, it's like dropping Ash Young and telling Sidwell to play right midfield. Just pointless.

Why can't people understand it? Cuellar has been there most of the season. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Cuellar has been a key component in our defence this season at right back and it is that defensive strength that is the foundation of our season not our ability going forward.

We should have enough in the side to beat Burnley today without Young getting forward. Out of interest, who has the better scoring record for Villa? Ceullar or Young??? You want to talk about ability going forward yet seem to not realise that Cuellar has made more contribution. I'm not saying Cuellar is a better RB than Young but its not so unthinkable or daft that he should be selected there today.

Its nothing like dropping Young for Sidwell seeing as Ceullar has been first choice RB most of the season.

Yes going forward for a full-back means the ability to over-lap your winger and get a good cross in and create width nice and high up the pitch. Cuellar is great but he's not a natural full-back and doesn't do this. Warnock hasn't scored in the league this season, so does that make Cuellar better going forward? No.

Cuellar is not a better RB than Young. He's a brilliant CB, an average RB who has been got at defensively today and offers nothing going forward.

FFS I didn't say Ceullar is a better RB than Young. Oh sod it, can't be bothered to continue this or repeat myself.