PL: Burnley h Match Thread 2010/02/21 14:00

limpid

Heskey is not very clever is he?, why does he keep on giving away needless fould when the opposition are under pressure?

At which point in a players career should he realise that wrapping your arm around the opponents neck from behind and then trying to wrap your foot around their body to reach the ball is going to be called a foul?

And why does Heskey expect to get away with it?

same troubles weve had since xmas- struggling to create and score. guess thats what happens when you keep playing the same tired team and tactics. needs to shake it up a bit to give us a spark.

weve had all the ball, we can win it off burnley easily enough but we do nothing with it. we cant string 3 passes together in the opposition half. the only game plan is to get it wide and cross it, but both downing and young have been poor at doing this. the best bit of footy we played involved keeping it on the floor, into feet and we set up a great chance where stan should have done better. why we dont try and play more like this i dont know.

big improvement needed second half

Heskey is not very clever is he?, why does he keep on giving away needless fould when the opposition are under pressure?

At which point in a players career should he realise that wrapping your arm around the opponents neck from behind and then trying to wrap your foot around their body to reach the ball is going to be called a foul?

And why does Heskey expect to get away with it?

as i say, he's not very clever is he?

Poor showing first half, Burnley don't look as though they are capable of threatening again, I can see us putting a few past them in the 2nd half, finishing 3-1. Downing and Young have been fairly wasteful, however some of you seem overly critical!! He hasn't been too bad, he can do better thats for sure.

Luke Young on for Cuellar. (YES MARTIN, PUT A FULL BACK AT FULL BACK!!!)

I was going to mention this. How can MoN justify constantly playing a lumbering centre back at right back when we have two perfectly good right backs on the bench?? Not saying Cuellar is playing badly there...but im sure L.Young or Beye could do a better job there. I simply cannot get my head around it. Its madness.

Oh...on another note...how shit is Heskey?? Absolutely useless.

If we sort out our crossing we'll score again.

What's the **** point?

It's always Downing/Ash, Agbonlahor and Milner working in tandem down one flank to get a cross in and the only 2 **** people in the box who are trying to get onto the end of it - Heskey whose heading is laughable and Downing/Ash.

Petrov can't get into the box or he'll leave a **** big hole in the midfield.

The way we play is stupid, honestly. All our play happens on the flank, whereby it's easy for the opposition to just overload with players.

When Heskey or Agbonlahor gets the ball, they always look to pass to the wide players rather than pass inside.

Why can't Downing and Ash tuck in a little bit when they don't have the ball and try and make something through the middle? And when they want to get out wide it's not that much of a hassle to move out wide again.

Once again our ridiculously inefficient way of playing is getting shown up.

3, 4 players camped on one flank just to get in one **** cross for 2 people, one of which can't head a ball to save his life is horribly cost-ineffective.

I hate the way we play. I really do.

Luke Young on for Cuellar. (YES MARTIN, PUT A FULL BACK AT FULL BACK!!!)

I was going to mention this. How can MoN justify constantly playing a lumbering centre back at right back when we have two perfectly good right backs on the bench?? Not saying Cuellar is playing badly there...but im sure L.Young or Beye could do a better job there. I simply cannot get my head around it. Its madness.

Oh...on another note...how shit is Heskey?? Absolutely useless.

I understood MON's choice when playing teams which are dangerous from corners because Cuellar is better with the ball in the air. However, in this game it makes no sense as Burnley haven't scored from a corner all season.