PL: Burnley h Match Thread 2010/02/21 14:00

limpid

I have no idea why Sky chose this game to broadcast as it's not the most exciting game and Burnley have been terrible away from home all season and we should easily win.

contractually, SKY have to show each team a minimum number of times each season. Dunno if it's 4 or 5 times each, something like that.

Who would you rather see Burnley play against?

Maybe at home to Blackburn :D

If I had to watch Burnley play on Sky, I''d just choose to watch their home games as they look competitive in their home games.

I know I'm sounding really optimistic but this is Burnley we're on about who haven't won away from home all season.

None of their players worry me apart from Fletcher and I just can't see us not winning this one.

Although I said that about Sunderland when they hadn't won away from home all season two seasons ago! (When Chopra scored)

in no way shape or form should we play 4-5-1 at home to Burnley.

-------------Friedel

Young Ceullar Dunne Warnock

A.Young Milner Petrov Downing

-----------Fonz Gabby

Although sadly MON will swap the Fonz for Carew.

in no way shape or form should we play 4-5-1 at home to Burnley.

-------------Friedel

Young Ceullar Dunne Warnock

A.Young Milner Petrov Downing

-----------Fonz Gabby

Although sadly MON will swap the Fonz for Carew.

Why not?

4-5-1 doesn't mean you sit back and defend!??! Just look at the start against United and how open we was. Look at the Arsenal game last year, 2-2. Bolton 4-2 etc...I know it was only Brighton but the way we played against Brighton with Milner and Delph bombing forward.

Sorry but Barcelona play this formation everygame, Chelsea used too every game under Mourinho, Arsenal play this formation every game. I'd hardly say it's defensive would you?

I would like to see this:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

A.Young Milner Petrov Delph Downing

Gabby

However, I wouldn't play it as a 4-5-1. Ash, Milner, Delph, Downing would rotate up and play off of Gabby. It would basically be a 4-4-2 but the second forward rotating up from midfield. If for some reason it doesn't work and we need more attack, pull off whichever mid-fielder isn't having a good day and put the Fonz up top.

I didn't say it would be good or would work... I just said I would like to see it. :)

I have no idea why Sky chose this game to broadcast as it's not the most exciting game and Burnley have been terrible away from home all season and we should easily win.

contractually, SKY have to show each team a minimum number of times each season. Dunno if it's 4 or 5 times each, something like that.

Who would you rather see Burnley play against?

And there's also a limit to how many times a club can be shown, so they can't just show every away game the sky 4 play so every club has at least 4 appearances.

There's also been some interesting picks by Sky this year, they've been showing a lot less of the usual bunch this year thus far in order to be able to show a lot of big games in the run-in. ESPN have also gotten a higher grade of game this year than Setanta got in past years.

I can see us winning this one 2-0. Be great if we could score early as that will take a lot of pressure of the players as the fans will start to grow anxious the longer this game stays scoreless ( or god forbid we go behind).

Can see Milner scoring in this one so fingers crossed

If i had to pick id go for:

Friedel

L Young

Cueller

Dunne

Warnock

A Young

Petrov

Milner

Downing

Fonz

Gabby

(If Downing was to contnue his useless form, id change him with Delph and put milner on the right and ash on the left at halftime)

(If Downing was to contnue his useless form, id change him with Delph and put milner on the right and ash on the left at halftime)

Delph played out wide for Leeds. Wouldn't mind seeing him play as a winger and leave Jimmy in the middle if we had to make a change.

Really really really want to see Cuellar and Delph in for Collins and Downing.

Can't see MON not playing Heskey if he is "fit"...before he goes off for his little rub down when there's nothing wrong with him.

Really really really want to see Cuellar and Delph in for Collins and Downing.

I agree about Collins/Cuellar but for me Downing plays.

He needs another good game (and perhaps a goal) to help propel him to a bit of form, and who better to get it against?

I'm with the "Downing plays" crowd.

And Me!

I think he had a few average games in January but he is a quality player who can pick a pass and I predict a goal from him against Burnley!

Friedel

L Young

Cuellar

Dunne

Warnock

A Young

Milner

Petrov

Downing

Heskey

Gabby

^ I predict this squad from MON. I'd prefer to see Delph brought on at some point in the game and I'd prefer to see Fonz in Heskeys place.