• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey HT)
    • Delfouneso (for Delph 75)

They will be less up for it, there will be more space on the pitch and it won't be so hostile.

We should have enough quality to see them off although it's still a tough game.

Why will they be less up for it?

For all we know they might decide...Villa create jack shit we can have them.

Your right though, very tough.

Still created alot more than them.

I mean apart from Ambrose two free-kick's and the corner what did they actually create? Friedel usually would have dealt with the two goals much better aswell.

We did more chances to be fair.

Petrov goal.

Collins goal.

Heskey header.

Petrov header.

Carew header.

Collins off the line.

Aswell some good opportunities that we didn't make the most of in good areas.

We got lucky and we probably deserve to be out.

Fair play to Palace, they worked hard, they looked organised and they looked like everybody knew their job. That gave them the confidence to build their way into the game and the discipline to stay on top for much of it.

So the exact opposite of us then.

We worked hard enough, but we can only play 4-5-1 with Gabby. The strengths of both Carew and Heskey are in bringing their strike partner into play, play them on their own and you lose all the things they are good at.

Without Gabby the midfield looked confused and seemed to be searching for a pattern they couldn't find; the nearest we got to that pattern was Warnock's excellent overlapping and for much of the game that was our only threat.

We looked disorganised and that lack of a plan drained our confidence. It wasn't working after three minutes and we didn't change until seventy minutes later.

Martin O'Neill got this one very wrong and we're lucky to still be here.

I thought Warnock did well, Delfouneso when he came on too and Petrov worked his socks off to keep us in it.

Warnock showed himself to be an ungracious tit in his interview which comes as no surprise and failed to mention the fact that the referee stood three yards away from Alan Lee as he threw a vicious elbow into Stephen Warnock's face and decided it merited a yellow card. That one was a shocker and Lee should by rights be looking at a four match ban.

I've developed no love for Palace and I hope we batter them at Villa Park.

some how got away with it.

i have decided that there is no way we can play with both young and downing in the same side, it would'nt be to bad if we were creating lots of chances, but i can't remember a villa side with with such a lack of creativity in the midfield.

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock: "I'm absolutely devastated. All my career I've had to battle against the odds. We played a Premier League team and worked our socks off. The first goal was a bit iffy but the second was a disgrace. It came off Delfouneso. The referee and linesman waited and waited and then gave a corner because it's a Premier League team. The linesman should be banned for weeks for that and all he did was smile. All they said was, 'We'll watch it on video and get feedback from our assessors'. Villa were fantastic. It was a great, committed Cup tie but they should have lost. How two officials cannot see that's a goal-kick... that's an absolute disgrace. We've got talent and commitment, we're a genuine club with great fans. Their team sheet frightens you and I though we were going to get swallowed up early on. But it was a great game."

Total word removed.

The officials were terrible for both sides tbh, bottled plenty of decisions. The linesman who flagged for offside when the Fonz was 3 yards on, he missed the goal kick for Palace when we scored form the corner. Elbows, pushing.

The bright sides for me was Delph and the Fonz, who looked very lively when he came on, would like to see him start a match, ~I think hes ready.

Our away support is fantastic, the best I have heard on TV. ITV may have not mentioned it but anyone watching it would be equally impresses.

West Brom or Reading? Prefer West Brom. We have a great chance to go further in this now with Spurs away to Fulham and a Chelsea v Man City game

My MOTM, hard one this...... Milner.

Great effort from our Fans, but other than that a complete waste of time!

We are toothless up front, predictable and **** boring.

Scraping a 2-2 draw against a Palace team in Administration having already sold their "jewel in the crown", to Wigan for 2 million... DISGRACEFUL!

Boring Boring Villa!!!

Oh, and Lee should have been sent off for his elbow on Warnock and the linesman and ref were incompetent in the extreme...

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock: "I'm absolutely devastated. All my career I've had to battle against the odds. We played a Premier League team and worked our socks off. The first goal was a bit iffy but the second was a disgrace. It came off Delfouneso. The referee and linesman waited and waited and then gave a corner because it's a Premier League team. The linesman should be banned for weeks for that and all he did was smile. All they said was, 'We'll watch it on video and get feedback from our assessors'. Villa were fantastic. It was a great, committed Cup tie but they should have lost. How two officials cannot see that's a goal-kick... that's an absolute disgrace. We've got talent and commitment, we're a genuine club with great fans. Their team sheet frightens you and I though we were going to get swallowed up early on. But it was a great game."

Total word removed.

Not too much wrong with that really.... :?

Just a few points:

4-5-1 at a 2nd division team fighting relegation who've just been forced to sell their best player by an administrator?

Heskey should never, ever play for us again. I don't want my strikers getting in the way of my own defence, I want them leading the line. There is simply no point this guy playing on his own in a 4-5-1. He offers zero threat.

Warnock and Friedel need to start talking to each other.

I've never seen a side with so much attacking potential create so little. This side is like a Ron Atkinson wet dream, pace and flair all over the place and yet we play hoof ball. Collins and Dunne are big culprits of this. Our big 3 attacking midfielders are always looking for the killer ball which very often isn't there. I'd rather them play the ball about between them and retain possesion a bit. I felt sorry for Delph today. He was making himself available and being ignored.

Lastly, great. We now have a mid-week fixture just before our biggest game for 10 years.

We got shown up for what we are by a team who worked harder and can mix it better than we can.

How Friedel can get 5s and 6s I will never know, he had 2 things to do and made a **** up of both. Heskey appalling, most of the others pretty average with nobody capable of grabbing it by the scruff of the kneck going forward. Thankfully, Dunne and Collins are pretty solid and the two fullbacks know what they are doing or we'd be in trouble.

Not a bad assessemnt from Warnock. It was a goal kick although it happened so fast I can see how they missed it. We made such hard work of defending but I think Palace ran and chased and made it hard. I wish we had started 4-4-2 and as I think we might have scored eary on and put doubts in their mind.

Good draw..... but a lonh way to go yet

to be fair to warnock he has a point it shouldnt ahve been a corner, if that had happened to us we would all be screaming and shouting. palace were brilliant we cant deny that.

i think we were poor today dont know why those palace fans (oops i mean commentaters) were saying we were playing well when clearly we wasnt. downings crossing was dire, ash was falling over and carew still doesnt look match fit.

we have a good draw for the quarters so i would play a strong side but not a first team side.

for a team wanting to get into the champions league i thought we were poor today, we could hardly string two passes together.

like other people have said why did the fonz not start why risk warnock, why start with one up front and why not have rest a few players and give the young kids a chance. they must play in the replay because it will be played three days before the league cup final.