• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey HT)
    • Delfouneso (for Delph 75)

Anyone listening to Neil Warnock? **** one eyed prick. Saying the linesman should be banned because of the corner decision that lead to our second. Did he not see the 2 incorrect decisions he gave against us when we were clean through?

Prick.

cant think of any positives from that other than our amazing fans

villa - we were piss poor, lacked invention and got bullied off the ball too easily, why did we risk warnock? probably his worst game for us

the ref - IMO had 3 decisions to make an bottled all 3, the pen you might say was down to ash's reputation, but there goal was a block by that dirty bastard lee, who amazingly didnt see red for his elbow, but i loved how warnock had to change his shirt cos of the blood

ITV - utter garbage, as mentioned our fans were incredible, yet 1 song palace (seriously other than the white stripes did they actually sing?) "are making this a spectacle" etc etc, and "its not a foul its a clever block" so its a foul then? as the game progressed i just got the over whelming feeling they wanted palace to win

It was always going to be a tough match with them backs to the wall and desperate for a big result. The ref & linos were just gobsmackingly poor, their keeper pulled off some amazing saves, and we play as a bunch of individuals up front - not a team.

That said they scored from an illegal corner the ball was not touching the line when taken and a stunning striker that perhaps Friedel could have done better for. Add to that Delfouneso being through on goal and getting called for offside with a defender 2 feet in front of him!

We were not fantastic but on the balance of things I thought we were still the better team.

Carew looked a little more motivated than normal and I though Delph was pretty decent.

Collins was my MOTM - was pretty solid dealing with that cheating, whingeing, dirty diving word removed Lee, and he scored a cracking header and nearly scored a 2nd late in the game. Also drove forward and let fly with a defence splitting pass that really should have resulted in a goal.

Anyone listening to Neil Warnock? **** one eyed prick. Saying the linesman should be banned because of the corner decision that lead to our second. Did he not see the 2 incorrect decisions he gave against us when we were clean through?

Prick.

To be fair, that linesman should be sacked regardless.

I've never seen a linesman be so incapable of calling offside decisions correctly.

That's a terrible liability for a linesman.

villa - we were piss poor, lacked invention and got bullied off the ball too easily, why did we risk warnock? probably his worst game for us

the ref - IMO had 3 decisions to make an bottled all 3, the pen you might say was down to ash's reputation, but there goal was a block by that dirty bastard lee, who amazingly didnt see red for his elbow, but i loved how warnock had to change his shirt cos of the blood

ITV - utter garbage, as mentioned our fans were incredible, yet 1 song palace (seriously other than the white stripes did they actually sing?) "are making this a spectacle" etc etc, and "its not a foul its a clever block" so its a foul then? as the game progressed i just got the over whelming feeling they wanted palace to win

Broadcasters will usually tend to want the underdogs to win as it is a bigger story. It's nothing new and it surprises me that people are surprised about it to be honest.

entertaining game but my god for most of it we were appalling

we had a 5 man midfield, costing nearly 50 mil and we couldnt string 2 passes together. its been the same the last few games. the passing and movement off the ball is dire.

also the constant attempt to get it wide at all costs is annoying. there was a moment in the second half that summed us up. ash had the ball on the right touchline, he had several players infront of him, not much space down the line. he had delph unmarked in loads of space 20 yards inside calling for the ball. so what did he do? tried to go down the line and lost it.

thought brad should have done better for both goals. both heskey and carew were cack. delfouneso deserves to start with gabby i think. he provided a spark when he came on again and his movement is good.

pleased for stan to get the equaliser. he works his socks off for the team and i think hes a good captain. hes been in the wars a bit lately and has been struggling with an injury. a few other look to be struggling a bit lately as well. milner looks knackered. MON needs to rotate before the final

and warnock can **** off moaning about that linesman. he gave several wrong offsides that would have given us one on ones

Good game to watch, but really a poor performance from Villa.

Friedel - 5 - Got to take blame for at least first goal, and maybe even positioning for second even though it was a great hit.

Young - 7 - Strong as usal, glad to see him in his better position.

Warnock - 6 - Showed that he had been out for a few games but got stronger as game went on.

Dunne - 8 - MOM - Again so strong.

Collins - 7 - Tested by Lee, took goal well and his distribution was good.

This back 4 for Wembley IMO.

Young - 7 - Ran at players, but his final ball wasnt always the best..deliveries from set pieces very poor.

Downing - 7 - Looked tired, but delivery from set pieces superb

Petrov - 6 - Glad to see him get a goal, but he was far too anoymous for most of the game, also looked tired.

Milner - 6 - Looked really tired, not at his best.

Delph - 7 - Really do like the look of him. Tackles well, has a lot of energy runs at players. Not sure why he went off.

This midfield for the final, maybe rest Milner against Burnley?

Heskey - 5 - Started brightly, but then slowed and didnt offer anything.

Carew - 5 - One shot and header on goal were decent, every thing else appaling, no interest anymore.

Delfounso - 6.5 - Didnt have much ball, but still looked more dangerous than Carew and Heskey put together. Should start against Burnley, Gabby to play in final.

Made me laugh that ITV were saying we played well...when the majority of Villa fans I would imagine would believe that we played poor.

Friedel - 6 - A few mistakes

Young - 7 - Solid

Collins - 7 - Solid

Dunne - 7 - Solid

Warnock - 7 - got forward well, Solid.

Downing - 7 - great delivery.

young - 7 - Not his best game but for effort alone he gets 7

Milner - 6 - tried hard

Petrov - 8 - effort and worked hard, good goal.

Delph - 6 - would be better playing the advanced role

Heskey - 5 - worked hard, subbed, injured?

Carew - 4 - redeemed himself a little in the last 5 minutes but he is lazy, runs around like he doesn't care. What happened JC, where did you go??

Delfouneso - 6.5 - Showed effort, great movement and always looked to get onto passes and flick ons. SHOULD have started.

Broadcasters will usually tend to want the underdogs to win as it is a bigger story. It's nothing new and it surprises me that people are surprised about it to be honest.

no the ITV leaning towrds the result didnt shock me, its the magic of the cup, if palace had beat us it justifies their investment and decision to show it

but to 4/5 times compliment their fans and show on several occasions their crowd to me was a bit daft, as i said they had 1 song and we made far more noise