• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey HT)
    • Delfouneso (for Delph 75)

The fans were amazing, what a great atmosphere it was. The place was absolutely rocking today, and i enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone went mental after Ambrose's goal, and we just outsang Villa most of the game as they only sang when they scored.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=197314

Yeah the palace fans were amazing. This is just one example of them being great. I hope an investigation is forthcomming.

To be fair they made a fair bit of noise. We made a fair bit of noise. It was good atmosphere. Quite a few of them thought Lee should have got a straight red.

I was quite optimistic before the game because they were showing us to be playing a 4-3-3 with Young, Heskey & Downing further up the field and Milner, Petrov & Delph as a 3-man midfield.

Maybe MON wanted to play a very attacking & positive side but ended up having our wide men tracking back because of Palace's midfield?

Overall I'm happy that we're through but I'm a bit disappointed that we can't beat a Championship side with an almost full-strength squad

I thought that we would be in for a tough game at Palace, and wasn't suprised to see how the game panned out over the 90 minutes. I'm relieved that we are still in the cup, as I believe we should be trying to win both cups. I'm quite suprised by some of the comments on here and other forums, as I didn't think we did too badly. I think that people perhaps thought it was going to be a relatively easy victory, and got frustrated when it didn't work out. Palace battled hard, and roughed up our players at every opportunity. How Lee didn't get sent off for the elbow I'll never know. If he trys that again at Villa Park, I would expect a straight red.

I thought Brad was at fault for the first goal, and perhaps could have done better with the free kick. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the 2nd as it was a great strike and he may have been unsighted by the Palace forward on the edge of the box.

There were some great balls in to the box, we didn't always get on the end of them though. I thought Ashley Young had won it at the death (from I think Downing's cross), but again just missed out the killer touch. We scored from two great set pieces, though they were almost identical deliveries. Heskey should have done better with a similar 1st half effort, but ballooned it over. You would have thought they would have wised up to that type of delivery. Luckily they didn't and Petrov capitalised near the end.

All in all, relatively satisfied with a draw. We could have done without a replay, but at least we get another chance in the competition. Still some work to do before we can start planning the next round though as I expect another tough game at VP.

They were good. Danns and Carle (?) look like real footballer and Derry got stuck in.

How MON could pick a 4-5-1 with Heskey in the middle I'll never know. This must have been very frustrating for Nathan who looked much more dangerous than JC or Emile in his brief cameo.

CM didn't really look like they knew what they were doing. I thought Stan looked a bit lost and the game passed him by - apart from the great header at the death. This was a game against a hard working Palace side where we could really have done with the drive and effort of Reo Coker.

Stars - Back 4 did well, Ash and DJ showed some sparks, Jimmy was tireless, Nathan looked lively

Poor - Friedel for the two goals, Emile is not a single striker, JC had a few nice touches but should have had a field day against the Palace CBs and would have a couple of years back

Okay - Petrov and Delph played okay but need a bit more direction from the coaching staff (or possibly understanding) make the 4-5-1 really work

Anyone got the full game or a point to where they show the Villa fans after the second goal went in from us to make it 2-2. Many people saying I was amongst the mix of fans but I can't actually find it anywhere to see my self!

Anyone got the full game or a point to where they show the Villa fans after the second goal went in from us to make it 2-2. Many people saying I was amongst the mix of fans but I can't actually find it anywhere to see my self!

Warnock I think you were spotted crying like a jilted schoolgirl on the sidelines :lol:

Not a great game by any means from our boys, but not as bad as some suggest either. It was always going to be a tough game and a fight. For some parts of the game we stood up for it, for some not. Especially after their first goal we went on a bad run. Before that we had the game in our hands. but in the end we well deserved the draw. We created more chances than they did. I think some are confusing them playing to a higher % of their ability than we did with them being better. That wasn't the case. They were not better than us.

And whilst Warnock might be right on the corner I'd say that's a very small mistake from the ref and linesman. Those things happens. Hadn't it resulted in a goal he would probably not even remember it today. The ref team made far worse mistakes than that, during the game.

Have high hopes for the replay. I might be wrong on this but when it comes to replays I think the majority of times the higher placed teams wins. Mind you, I have no stats to back this up at all and may very well be wrong.

Remember, Cardiff outplayed us pack in September, and should have won it in the last minute - look where that got us !.

Errrmm i hate to be a petty git , but we won 1-0 if they scored in the last min how the hell would they of won the game ? also we missed a penalty

Remember, Cardiff outplayed us pack in September, and should have won it in the last minute - look where that got us !.

Errrmm i hate to be a petty git , but we won 1-0 if they scored in the last min how the hell would they of won the game ? also we missed a penalty

And also we let them outplay us

They were never going to score a goal!