• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GK- Guzan, B

RB- Young, L

RC- Clark, C

LC- Davies, C

LB- Bouma, W

MR- Albrighton, M (if not fit - Young, A)

RMC- Delph, F

LMC- Salifou, M (If he not up for it so give Sidwell, S chance PS - i wish MON sell him last window )

ML- Downing, S (sub Milner half time give Downing, S a rest.)

S- Deflouneso, N

S- Carew, J (Weimeen, A sub him after 75mins as Carew easy tired and LAZY after 75 mins)

team balance about right and give fringe boil hungrier to chance show that they does fight for first XI and give Weimeen just case if all trio striker injured so Weimeen should be copy that level and low-teir premier club burnley too give all 3 trio striker fit and injured free.

I thought they would line-line something like this (before i'd even looked at any of the other posts)...

Guzan

Beye

Cuellar

Collins

L.Young

A.Young

Delph

Sidwell

Downing

Carew

Delfouneso

Though trying to predict the starting line-up for this one is like doing an accumilator.

Looks like Petrov and Gabby won't be in the starting line-up and O'Niell said he will probably make two other changes.

So that's Carew, Sidwell, Guzan, Delfouneso and err doesn't add up, because i wrote Beye aswell.

Any news on Albrighton's injury, it was just a knock wasn't it?

But he hasn't been on the bench since.

Its important Carew plays in this game.. he needs goals and getting them against a lower league opposition is not easy but easier to achieve.. might give him the confidence hes lacking at the moment. Same goes with Sidwell etc.

Getting a bit nervy about this, worried we might make a big deal out of it rather than putting them to the sword.

We need our 'squad' to come out and make a claim for a starting spot. The problem is it wouldn't surprise me if some players thought that however, well they play they still wouldn't make a premier league start. I"m hoping not, but there is the element there with MON not rotating much for league games...

Any chance of Bouma making a start?

The problem is it wouldn't surprise me if some players thought that however, well they play they still wouldn't make a premier league start. I"m hoping not, but there is the element there with MON not rotating much for league games...

Yea, like Delph who's just started against Man Utd after impressing in the cups.

I wouldn't dick around with the back 4 to much as this gives us a solidity on which we can depend, maybe one change eg Beye in at RB Cueller into the middle Dunne rested.

Making more than 4/5 changes from our regular starting line up would imo be a mistake and lead us to a very unhappy exit from the cup.

The problem is it wouldn't surprise me if some players thought that however, well they play they still wouldn't make a premier league start. I"m hoping not, but there is the element there with MON not rotating much for league games...

Yea, like Delph who's just started against Man Utd after impressing in the cups.

surely the exception that proves the rule?

how about beye sat on the bench despite not having a right back on the pitch playing at right back?

the three fit centre backs we have are all playing every game - instead of picking any two of three and rotating them, keeping them fresh?

there is a fine line betweening rotating a squad and fiddling with a winning formula, but delph coming in because carew is horribly out of form and heskey was injured is nothing to do with squad rotation.

Providing we don't get to complacent, obviously if Gabby, Petrov are injured then that can't be helped, if not and they are just being rested, IMO they should be on the bench to bring on if things start getting tricky, as a poster pointed out to many changes and we end up with the kind of thing we had v CSKA. Palace have money problems and the incentive to do well v Villa is massive, thats a very great incentive for them, so we need to be careful and go into this with the softly softly catch a monkey approach and put them away and no replay on this.

Started any other premier league games, or any other squad members kept their cup places in the league?

Oh give it a rest Jez. And yeah he has actually, he started against Blackburn; 26th September. And he started our first game of the season against Wigan along with numerous starts in cup games.

three starts in 25 is hardly a good way to highlight a policy of squad rotation though is it?