1. 1. O'Neill's Grade

• 90-100%
    • 80-90%
    • 70-80%
    • 60-70%
    • 50-60%
    • 40-50%
    • <40%

80-90 for me. He's made it really exciting to watch us again as we're going places. But sometimes he makes me wonder. Maybe he could've done better by now, but not that much. And we're steadily getting there, as it seems. The crucial thing is to keep the young key-players. Will they stay if we "only" finish about 6th every season?

About 60% for me so far. I'll move that up a lot if we win the League Cup, but the lack of goals, and generally predictable style of football suggests that he's got a way to go yet.

See speed in transfer market i don't agree with, you give him A plus for purchasing defenders, he bided his time and got the right players in, just say if he had been quicker we may have ended up with Distin.

Should have been clearer. I don't mean timing in the windows, I mean general speed e.g. we went a season without a RB and RM. This was probably because he couldn't get what he wanted but I would have preferred to have bought the second choice (e.g. say Gary O'Neill as a RM'er) with a view to trading up the following year. I think he holds out for the player he wants but that can leave us short.

He has a long term vision for the club, creating a core of young, hungry players. He demands a lot from them and they give it him week in week out. He's teaching the players who will be the foundation for years to come that it takes dedication hard work and commitment to win. ALL the best clubs have that spirit he's instilling.

However, there does seem to be one ingredient missing from his Villa creation so far. Artistry, freedom of expression, creativity, the beautiful side of the game but also as vital as any to winning at the highest levels.

80%

Lets not remember that only 4 years ago we were writing off fixtures against the top 5 as no-hope.

Who's talking about 4 years ago.

and who's saying we havn't progressed under O'Neill

....don't understand the point you are trying to make.?

His dislike of NRC

Sir Jack said tonight NRC is out for at least 2 months BTW.

He's had a niggling injury apparently ALL season, which has not helped.

Oh right. I didnt know that Jules.

You're right in my opinion, it's pretty obvious they no longer get on.

There have been a few occassions this season where our games have been crying out for a player like Reo-Coker, but instead he's thrown on Sidwell or Delph

It's almost as if he only uses him when he has to, when Petrov is injured because he's vice captain. Either sell him, or start using him!

He has a long term vision for the club, creating a core of young, hungry players. He demands a lot from them and they give it him week in week out. He's teaching the players who will be the foundation for years to come that it takes dedication hard work and commitment to win. ALL the best clubs have that spirit he's instilling.

However, there does seem to be one ingredient missing from his Villa creation so far. Artistry, freedom of expression, creativity, the beautiful side of the game but also as vital as any to winning at the highest levels.

80%

good post and one I echo

Â