• 90-100%
    • 80-90%
    • 70-80%
    • 60-70%
    • 50-60%
    • 40-50%
    • <40%

His dislike of NRC

Sir Jack said tonight NRC is out for at least 2 months BTW.

He's had a niggling injury apparently ALL season, which has not helped.

Oh right. I didnt know that Jules.

Lets not remember that only 4 years ago we were writing off fixtures against the top 5 as no-hope.

that is because we had spent ten years steadily declining since last winning anything. a chairman going slightly senile and refusing to invest in the team, capped off by a couple of terrible managerial appointments.

at that point we hadnt spent more money than chelsea did in their first premier league winning season under mourinho.

lol at the people giving 60/70.

Threads silly anyway

Do you mean 60/70 is way too low?

The marks actually seem very high to me, but maybe that's because I've been living in France for ages and I'm used to their school marking system. Here, 10/20 (i.e. 50 %) would be "average", 60-70 % would be "good / noticeably better than average".

Don't want to seem like an old fogey moaning about "falling educational standards", but does this mean that in England these days you would automatically get about 50 % for being able to spell your name right or count to eleven when you fill in a team sheet?

< 40% - Epic Fail, just go now.

40-50% - Should go, just not really doing it.

50-60% - He's steadied us a little but not really good enough overall

60-70% - Done a decent job and don't mind if he stays but not sure if he can take us to next level.

70-80% - Good job and still faith in him to take us higher.

80-90% - Fantastic job, we're going places, I can feel it.

90-100% OMFGZZZZZZ, HE'S AMAZING.

Is how I read out each sort of rating.

< 40% - Epic Fail, just go now.

40-50% - Should go, just not really doing it.

50-60% - He's steadied us a little but not really good enough overall

60-70% - Done a decent job and don't mind if he stays but not sure if he can take us to next level.

70-80% - Good job and still faith in him to take us higher.

80-90% - Fantastic job, we're going places, I can feel it.

90-100% OMFGZZZZZZ, HE'S AMAZING.

Is how I read out each sort of rating.

Here's how I read it:

< 40% - I am a bluenose

40 - 50% - I am not a bluenose, but I do have a very low IQ

50 - 60% - I'm a Villa fan, but I don't understand football management very well

60 - 70% - I'm a Villa fan, but I tend to be lead astray by some of the sillier VT posts

70 - 80% - I like MON, but don't understand him

80 - 90% - I really like MON, but am baffled by him at times

90 - 100% - I have a tendency towards hero worship

at that point we hadnt spent more money than chelsea did in their first premier league winning season under mourinho.

What a totally daft comparison, its just totally pointless.

so is comparing how we approached fixtures four seasons ago. (look at the comment i was replying to)

mon has done a good job, but its not like he has done something on a par with what moyes has acheived at everton . he has taken everton from being in a similar position to where we were and turned them in to a club er, well, just about where we are now actually. on a shoe string. mon has done it with more money than chelsea took to buy a championship winning team. yes they were in a better position to start with, but it is statistically true.

4 years ago we were running scared from the big teams, but 5 years ago we finished 6th in the league, so the original point was also interpreting a statistic to fit an argument.

mon has had a lot of money to spend and done well, i'm a fan, i think he's doing a good job - but i dont think he has done unbelievably, amazingly, logic defyingly well either. things could have turned out a hell of a lot worse than they have done, but at the same time it would be totally blind to say "look where we were, look where we are - the man is a genius, he could have done no better, how can anyone say he has done less than a perfect job?"

60-70% - cannot fault him at all for getting us to a cup final, even though he's been here for nearly 4 years. He's very passionate and an interesting character. Top 6 finishes too - but as we saw with DOL that's possible even with no money to spend.

MON has spent unprecedented money since he arrived.

What pisses me off is the tactics, we are so negative and have no plan B. The footie is getting like the drag ends of Gregory's time in charge, and some sections of our support were castigating him for it. We just aren't fun to watch.

Plus the fact that he has his favorites who are undroppable even if playing shit/injured, we don't ever capitalise on opportunities and he doesnt seem to be able to target the areas in our game that are suffering.

Agree completely.

For buying defenders - A++ - although Martin was a slow developer in this area

For buying midfielders - A- - some visionary work but also some poorer decisions and still a bit light in the CM positions

For buying strikers - C+

For speed in the transfer market - D

For motivating the team - B+

For tactics - No grade as exam paper spoiled, Martin has never been a fan of this subject!!

For comments and interviews - B - generally witty and bright but can drop a few faux pas

I am a teacher so it would be B- (79.75%). I think he's done a great job compared to where we were but there's still room to improve. Until we push the boat out on a goal getter then we'll always fall just short. We also need a a more energetic CM, someone like Patrick Viera in the good old days. Despite the sqaud being stronger we're still playing two full backs out of position and although it's working it can't be right.

Â