General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi General.

About a year ago when people were asking about an iPhone app I (and others) said that if you were looking to release an iPhone app you should also develop an Android app as market share was catching up. As it is now Android-based phones outsell iPhones in the US and UK and I think that while the iPhone is still a massively popular platform, you've missed an opportunity to reach more devices. Can you confirm or otherwise if you're planning on developing an Android AVFC app? I would pay for it.

This is not an 'I told you so' or any kind of debate on the merits of either platform (there's other threads for that) but I do feel yourself (on behalf of the club) could draw on the resources in this forum a little more - there are people from all trades on here and some of them really know what they're talking about, willing to give advice for the good of the club.

Cheers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General.

About a year ago when people were asking about an iPhone app I (and others) said that if you were looking to release an iPhone app you should also develop an Android app as market share was catching up. As it is now Android-based phones outsell iPhones in the US and UK and I think that while the iPhone is still a massively popular platform, you've missed an opportunity to reach more devices. Can you confirm or otherwise if you're planning on developing an Android AVFC app? I would pay for it.

This is not an 'I told you so' or any kind of debate on the merits of either platform (there's other threads for that) but I do feel yourself (on behalf of the club) could draw on the resources in this forum a little more - there are people from all trades on here and some of them really know what they're talking about, willing to give advice for the good of the club.

Cheers

General

I know I asked you before if there would be official android app you replied sayiing only the iphone app, but please do seriously consider an android app. You will be surprised at the vast popularity of android phones and at how many android phones are sold in UK, US and worldwide

It will increase revenue and increase branding for our great club. Dirk1978 (who I agree with entirely), myself and MANY others would pay for it.

Please can an android app be considered with a view to having one in the near future ???

Thank you Sir

General,

Can I just say thanks for putting on the 'villa fun day'. Me and the old man went in and enjoyed ourselves (even if we are slightly older than what the target audiance probably was). I'm now the proud owner of a picture with the european cup! Its great that the club can put on things like this and I know it must be fantastic for the kids.

General

I have read conflicting newspaper reports regarding David Moyes and a potential manager shortlist of 4 other names and Kevin Macdonald. I don't believe all that I read. I would like to believe some reports and would not like to believe others.

I say to you, Randy and Paul that we are all trusting and relying on the board to appoint a manager who is best for our ambitions and values of our great club. Never have you all been relied upon so much. What you have all done is appreciated.

Thank you for keeping us posted with updates. Hope we get David Moyes or Kevin Macdonald OR David Moyes as manager with kevin Macdonald as No.2; ie first team coach.

Obviously Sir, you are busy and can only divulge certain things (for obvious reasons - fully understood) please continue to keep us posted with regular updates on our manager situation according to what you can say.

Thank you Sir

General

Just woke up to the news that MacDonald has declared his interest in taking the job. Is this wise seeing as he doesnt fit any of the criteria that you laid out last week in the qualities we're looking for in a new manager ?

Unless we're now classifying a few games as 'experience' in being a proven premiership winning manager. Hopefully not

Ulver

General,

The club has taken a bit of stick over the past few weeks. Some of it deserved, some not in my opinion.

However, if Kevin MacDonald is appointed manager after the statement from the club saying that you wanted an experienced manager, then, you will lose my trust, and dare I say, quite a few others, as in essence, we would have been lied to.

We had enough of that under Ellis.

Actions speak louder than words. To appoint MacDonald will be a thousand times louder as a statement of our clubs ambition than anything you can say on an internet message board, or Paul can put on the Official website.

Perhaps it might have been better for the club in the long term to have lost on Sunday.

General, I would also have massive concerns about the appointment of Kevin McDonald as our manager.

The manager should be one that excites the fans, has proven premiership managerial experience and can take us to another level.

Someone who is popular with the players but ultimately has done nothing as a manager is not someone I want us to be taking a risk on.

The appointment of Kevin McDonald to me would have the impact of:

a) Huge questions about the ambition of our club

B) Attendances will drop or not improve

c) Any feel good factor will be lost for most fans.

Hopefully you can hear many fans genuine concerns about him being in the shortlist and appoint someone more worthy and experienced to take us forward?

General,

Can i thank you and the board for reducing the wage bill of players who were and are not playing any part in the first team on a regular basis.

No club can sustain spending six figure sums per month on dead wood.

If by the end of the season Mark Albrighton is one of two or three youngsters are cemented in the first 16 then this can only be to the good of the club.

Keep up the good work !

General,

Its been noted elsewhere that a certain Mr Keith Harris was sitting next to Randy last Sunday. Since Mr Harris deals in the aquisitions and sale of Football clubs, and also operates out of New York, it got me thinking.

It certainly seems that Randy is trawling back his investment in the club, if rumours are to believed. I guess its something he would do, if he were were ready to sell up?

I really dont mind one way or the other, since im grateful to Randy for what hes done and know he does have the clubs interests at heart. But i think we all know that for us to achieve the goals set by yourselves when you took over, extra investment is needed.

To cut things short General, is there any significance in Keith Harris being there on Sunday, or is it complete bullshine?

General Krulak here:

1. Keith Harris is a friend...his attendence at Villa Park had ZERO to do with selling the Club!! "Trawling back his investment in the Club"...again, NOT accurate. As Randy has said, he is COMMITTED to AVFC. He is going nowhere!!

2. Randy will find the "right" Manager for the Club. He cannot and should not react to every thought of every fan or every thought of every Board Member. At the end of the day, he needs to do what he feels is right. Some will agree with his decision, some will not....but it will be his. I can honestly say that names in the media are just that....names in the media.

Dear General, would just like to express my dissappointment at us not being able to strengthen our squad, even if it had to be with loans, or stop gaps until even January I feel it was a huge mistake. I fully understand the fact that we have no manager in place and it would be wrong to blow money at this time, but surely the board must have had the expertise, or at the very least contacted consultants who could have had something done, as it stands we don't even have a left back cover, and If we get a couple of injuries, frankly, we are screwed! Teams around us have strengthened relatively significantly and it is quite disheartening to see some of the quality that has gone to competitors as loans or otherwise. I hope these decisions are fully justified and come January I have egg all over my face. UTV!

If its taken 3 weeks to appoint a bloke that was already at the club and who doesn't fit the criteria we were told, it wont take long for people to put 2+2 together and think we've been led up the garden path just to avoid spending any money in the transfer market.

We're 1 injury away from being decimated in the middle of the park due to our reluctance to dip into the market. Really can't wait until Osborne and Salifou have to play due to tiredness or injury to the other few options ... DOH

A brilliant summer all round!