General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General Krulak here:

1. Risso: As you probably have figured by now, the % you quoted was for the entire Club...not just the players. The issue we are concerned about is the wage of players to revenue....which is, as I indicated, less that the % you quoted. We know exactly what our staffing numbers are and they are not a concern.

2. Garry Barry: Please contact Duncan Riddle and explain to him about your daughter...he will sort it out.

3. We are currently going with just the iphone app.

4. Good talk with Ash Young.

5. Randy will be spending a considerable amount of time over the next few weeks focused on Villa...although he has been VERY focused on the Villa all summer. As I have mentioned before, we are not going to rush out and get a manager just to get a manager. We will be looking for the right person for the Villa.

6. Practice went very well today. The lads are eager to get it on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks General. My boy will be delighted. He already shouts 'Aston Villa' whenever he sees anyone playing football in the park (I don't think it's a comparison on our playing style)

Fingers crossed for the weekend

Hi General,

1.Is the wages that are a problem ?- or that fact that a good bulk of those wages are paid to players who never play in the first team ?

2. Although it wasn't always spent as I would have liked - I feel that funds given to Martin were instrumental to getting us top 6- would you envisage similar funding for the next manager ?

3.Who's your tip for top scorer next season ?

Couple of questions General, if i may.

1. Will funds be made to the new manager? if MON left due to transfer/wages issue... will this be an issue with the new manager? It would be hard to attract a manager without the cash for transfers.

2. Are we still cutting players like Heskey (please!) Sidwell etc who have high wages.. or will that be left to the new manager to decide?

3. You said Good talks with Ash Young.. so were the reported talks of Ash wanting to leave true? His sale would be commercial suicide IMO.

Thanks in advance General.

Hi General,

In a recent interview Barry Bannan has claimed that Martin O'Neill previously came close to leaving the club for Liverpool. Now he is no longer at the club are you able to comment on this and either confirm or deny this is true?

General Krulak here:

1. I think the lads were sending a message today...and the message was powerful. They came out motivated, focused and played their socks off. I thought KM had a good game plan and played a solid formation that brought a good result. I honestly believe that the lads played about as consistent and strong a game as I have seen in some time. It certainly was a game we needed to win. Albrighton, Downing, Young, and the entire team played well.

2. No need to comment any more about MON or what transpired. I think most know exactly what took place.

3. The new manager will have the same support from Randy that MON had. If trades are to take place within the current window, decisions will be made by the interim manager, Randy, and advisors. Let's wait and see what happens.

Hi General.

Would it be possible to clear up what the current aims are for the future of the club?

To press on for a top 4 finish but within the structure of not risking the club?

Cheers

:)

General, our new right back was an enigma today. The new centerback played really well and words cannot describe our new winger.

The lads played like Brazil today - as the chant went. Can we make sure we keep hold of our new right back and not sell.....I am sure there are other players that should be above him in the selling stakes.

As others have said, if this was the work of km and the team, look no further for the manager. He was a brave man to play Mr milner and it worked well AND sent a good message.

Congratulations on today's result, General. Well done to everyone! :cheers:

Give K-Mac the job if he wants it :clap:

Seriously though please no manager who plays boring (meaning negative) football. You can see the reaction from the fans today when they're presented with excellent, positive, attacking football (and no laying back defending on 1-0). Only watching on TV, but you could sense the place was buzzing.

I know we'll be presented with better opponents, but I have a good feeling about this.

Hi General,

Would just like to say that the lads were fantastic today and every single one of them deserve credit. I was a big Martin O'Neill fan, but for me that was the best home performance I have seen in years. Some of the football on show was magnificent and the players and management deserve a massive pat on the back.

Whoever you bring in as manager, I'm sure you and the rest of the board will get the full backing from the Villa fans. Whether it be Kevin McDonald who I believe deserves a chance, or someone outside the club. Either way Aston Villa will benefit having him on our books, whether it be the first team or the reserves. Today shown that we our in safe hands, and I can fully understand Randy's decision to be patient on this decision.