General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi General,

I would just like to say how great it was to see Randy Lerner at the villa bohemians game over the weekend. Great to see that a busy man like Randy has not only time to come to preseason game in Dublin but also took the time to meet and greet the fans. The atmosphere both at the ground and the Villa bar (Murray's on O'connell street) was fantastic and it was great to see the mighty Villa back in the emerald isle. I would hope that the short trip over would become a regular occurance in preseason but I understand this may not be possible. Thanks for all the great work done by the Villa staff over the three days and of course the Irish Lions supporters club who did a great job too :D.

villa89

Genaral I want to second this. It really made my day to get a photo with Randy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I would just like to say how great it was to see Randy Lerner at the villa bohemians game over the weekend. Great to see that a busy man like Randy has not only time to come to preseason game in Dublin but also took the time to meet and greet the fans. The atmosphere both at the ground and the Villa bar (Murray's on O'connell street) was fantastic and it was great to see the mighty Villa back in the emerald isle. I would hope that the short trip over would become a regular occurance in preseason but I understand this may not be possible. Thanks for all the great work done by the Villa staff over the three days and of course the Irish Lions supporters club who did a great job too :D.

villa89

Genaral I want to second this. It really made my day to get a photo with Randy.

I totally agree it was great to see Randy at the game and to see him spending a considerable amount of time signing autographs, posing for pictures and talking to the fans. I think it made the day for a lot of us Irish Villa fans!

Morning General,

Just wondering if you and Randy will be attending the Baltimore Ravens v Cleveland Browns game on December 26th at the Cleveland Browns Stadium?

Fancy taking a Flock member along for the ride? :lol:

Hello Gen

With the new FIFA rules regarding spending beyond a clubs means approaching, do you think AVFC is at a disadvantage compared to other clubs who have expanded their businesses into other areas (ie hotels)?

Do you think it would be feasable for us to make better use of the car park area behind the North Stand, perhaps turning this into something that could generate us some income? Im sure I read somewhere that thoughts of an underground car park were scrapped due to cost, but surely it would be significantly cheaper to locate car parking on a flat roof, on some kind of concrete structure prettied up with a red brick facade?

Im not suggesting a hotel would be the way forward for us, but im sure there would be many types of business that could be created that would benefit from being linked to the Villa Brand. How about the Aston Villa luxury spa and gym, buy a ticket to the game for yourself and abandon the missus in the spa! or perhaps the Aston Villa Sports Science and Physiotherapy centre, essentially a Bodymoor Heath for the numpties where you can go and get treated like a Premiership Footballer.

I realise its all cost, but surely it would just be another asset of AVFC, which should Randy choose to sell at some point he would recoup in the sale of the club

Keep up the good work Gen

I would love to stay in an AVFC hotel if it was nice enough, that would be a great day/night out. I think also you may find quite a few villa businessman who would love an office address of Villa Park as well.

General,

I have the utmost respect for you for posting on these boards and taking so much time to answer the fans calls.

However, I have to say that the kit coming out on the 16th September is an absolute disgrace. By then there have already been 4 Premier League games, not to mention the fact that a large number of Premier League clubs already have their home shirts on sale.

I can understand more if it was the away kit coming out so late, but for the home to do so is an utter joke.

I'm sure I speak on behalf on the majority of fans when I express disappointment at not being able to already wear my claret and blue with pride.

All the best.

Gen,

I don't mind when the kit comes out as I'll buy it eventually. I just thought I'd throw my opinion into the thread.

Have fun with your grandchildren. Keep up the good work!

Rob

Hi General, posted this at the start of the summer but the thread got locked shortly after without a response, hoping you can answer this time around:

Hi Gen, question for the season ticket bars for next season:

For me this is one of the only bones of contention I have with Villa in general and that is having to pay to enter the season ticket holders bars before a match. Firstly, I don't personally believe that as ST holders we should then have to pay a further few quid to enter these bars before a match but I do appreciate that it's a good extra revenue stream for the club and as such my suggestion would be to introduce a sliding scale for entrance fees, for example 2 hours or more before a game - full price, less than 2 hours say half price, one hour or less should be free.

There are many occasions when I have reached the ground later than planned and rather than pay what is in essence around £7 or so for one pint (£3 actual cost of drink + entrance fee) I have instead chosen to simply mull around outside, this has then cost the club the money that I would have paid for a pint but refused to on the basis that I would have had to have spent more just to get in than the cost of the drink itself - which is lunacy!

Is this something you think could be implemented or at least something you could approach the appropriate people regarding?

I appreciate the club will hardly miss the odd £3 from me but I can imagine that there are quite a few other people this could/would relate to.

Thanks and welcome back.

I know this isnt meant for a place for discussion but surely this makes no business sense at all, you charge people more money when demand is low and charge less (read nothing) when demand is high. This will put off people going in for longer too (Which is bad for business).... perhaps the other way round is a more sensible suggestion (charge people the later they come?)

Hi Generel, I rarely post on here but I have to express my disappointment at the kit release date.

I, like many others, wont be buying it unless its a 2 year kit. By the time it will be available to buy there will be little over 7 months left before the end of the season.

If it was release in June like many other clubs then you almost get a full year out of it, yet we charge the same. Not to mention many of these other clubs have a 2 year kit regardless.

General

Selling match day programmes online would be a big boost in revenue for our great club and very convenient for us fans. A big club of our stature should be doing this Sir.

b6bloke : well said, an excellent suggestion.

Thank you, let's do it.

General, how about increasing the sales of the match day programme by selling it online like this Overseas sale would be pretty high in my opinion.

This is great idea, General as an overseas fan I would definitely buy match day programmes like this, best would be to sell them as an annual subscription.

Just watching the Emirates Tournament on the box and i was wondering General if it would be possible for Villa to host a tournament of its kind?

Surely it would be fantastic preperation for the side, playing a tournament at home and also the revenue would be fantastic for the club. And given the opposition being decent enough im sure Villa Park would be packed to the rafters?

General, how about increasing the sales of the match day programme by selling it online like this Overseas sale would be pretty high in my opinion.
Whilst offering the programme for sale online might indeed help as an additional revenue stream, I find it hard to see the relevance of draper tools to online marketing in general - or is it the use of a blonde of thin waist holding an adjustable spanner that helps? Or are draper tools and b6bloke related? I think we should be told!

But anyway, yeah - nice idea.

Just watching the Emirates Tournament on the box and i was wondering General if it would be possible for Villa to host a tournament of its kind?

Surely it would be fantastic preperation for the side, playing a tournament at home and also the revenue would be fantastic for the club. And given the opposition being decent enough im sure Villa Park would be packed to the rafters?

Agreed something like, The FxPro Tournament...

General, i too would like to express my dissappointment over the late kit release date. I used to get the new kit every day on its release date for my birthday in july, why are we not releasing kits 2 months after that and a month after the start of the season? I seem to remember you saying that it wouldnt happen again after after a late august release but this is just not accpetable. Im sure the club make a huge amount of oney on the shirts and this date has put a lot of fans off from buying the shirt. I too now won't be bothering with forking out £50 for a shirt that will last 7 months and then is out of date. Like mnay have said, nike seem to be pushing us to the back of the queue with other clubs shirts already out, if the blame lies with them then i suggest we find a new kit sponsor.