General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General Krulak here:

1. Richard: Randy normally answers his posts if they require an answer. Many do not. If it involves a specific question or issue, Randy may well "farm" it out to one of the staff to provide the answer.

2. Lion_Heart: Pre-season friendlies will be announced mid-summer. I like the series "The Pacific" but not as much at "Band of Brothers"...but it is not completed yet so I have to be careful here.

3. Denis_B: Obviously I am very happy for Paul and for the Club. Paul has worked for us for a long time...he started out in our Management Development Program at MBNA. He is smart, articulate and a good man. He has really been acting as CEO for sometime now...and Randy felt the time had come to make it official. This does NOT mean that Randy will be less involved...NO WAY!! Martin will NOT report to Paul...he will continue to have a one on one relationship with Randy. I have been involved in management both in the Military and in the Corporate world and I can assure you, we are not a little "thin on the ground." We have a very good organization that is strong across all functional areas....as strong as most organizations I have been involved with. They work extremely well as a team...do not step on each others toes...cooperate well...are not afraid to speak up when they see something wrong...are responsive to fans and management...etc. Paul is a good leader and is not afraid to seek advice if he feels he needs it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General, I was wondering if you all have considered hosting live music concerts at Villa Park over the summer as a way to bring in more revenue for the club?

Gen

Can I just raise my concern with your quote above "We will not sell our shirt cheaply......."

Now, don't get me wrong, in principle - I agree.

However, I am concerned that we seem so unprepared over this. Most other clubs now have next years kit on sale. The World Cup is coming up and football fever will be at it's highest , and that includes Merchandise sales.

I always thought our late release of kit was strange, but it is now apparent, that it is because we are still trying to find a shirt sponsor.

I know this sounds simplistic, but we have been with Acorns for 2 yrs, if we haven't been able to find a sponsor in 2 yrs, why do you think it will change in the next 28 days ?

Surely this should have been sorted and signed by now. Man U announced their new shirt sponsor before Xmas from what I remember (interestingly an American business !)

Can you shed light on what is going on, as it is now worrying. I don't care what is on our shirts to be honest, but couple this with "Sell to buy policy" and it seems to me, in my simplistic way, that no shirt sponsor means no cash for players.

And that makes me worried !

General Krulak here:

1. Magroll: There will be no live concerts at VP....last time it set our Pitch back terribly. Most Clubs have advised us that they don't hold them either due to damage to Pitch.

2. Paulanddonya: First and foremost, ALL Clubs have a sell/buy program. It is NOT a signal that need worry any fan. We have been selling and buying for years. I would venture to say that there is not one single fan who does not have an opinion on who we should sell...and who we should buy. This is NOT something we should be worrying about. As for shirt sponsorship...we have not been searching for a sponsor for the past two years. We have had several businesses approach us and we have not come to an agreement. We have approached some businesses and have not come to a satisfactory agreement. We are not "dithering". We put our kit out about the same time each year...and really aren't "moved" by the fact that ManU puts their kit out in December. We haven't had a shirt sponsor in a couple of years and that hasn't stopped Randy from spending. Let's not go into the transfer frenzy and money worries right now...let's take a short break.

The frustrating thing though General for the majority of fans is that our new shirts will not be available in time for many fans to wear on their summer holidays which is like a tradition in this country. They like to display their ' colours' , so to speak.

Sorry to be a pain General, but the late release of kits was mentioned last year as well, i think most people seemed to be saying the club is missing out on revenue here. I understand we're still in the process of sorting out a sponsor and doing it in a logical method, thats great.

I'm just saying if you release next years kit in June you'll make more money.

Hi General,

Please consider my statement, given below, for the response to Man City..

"Thanks for your offer,

As you know - every player has a price.

James Milner's is £100m.

Yours Sincerely,

Aston Villa"

Hope all is well with you Gen,

(and apologies, on behalf of Villafans, for the rush of messages you will surely get in the next 24 hours!)

Evening General, i dont normally comment or ask question on here, but after the MoN leaving saga we have just had, and now this supposed bid from man city i think its in the clubs best interest to start to come out and sqaush these rumours if thats what they, after reading randys last statement i took it that jimmy wanst for sale and if this is the case then a simple message from MoN or randy stating this and that future bids will not be entertained would resolve this or it could be 1 long summer ahead.

cheers

i hope your back fighting fit as we need our marine corp back down VP next season

I honestly think that Randy will keep his word and not sell him. Do you believe that Randy is a man of his word General?

I think that the club need to come out and quash this right from square one. I also would seriously be considering a refund on my season card for next season if we were to sell him. This isn't an over reaction and not the same as Barry leaving, some were pleased to see the back of him after his conduct regarding the Liverpool saga the summer before.

It's been said many times in this thread but what keeps us coming back is a a successful winning team, selling a player that we should be basing our team around would show no ambition.

General,

I know there is nothing you can say or do to influence the James Milner situation, but if you can speak to the man that can and tell him to pay the man! I know it's probably not all about money for Jimmy but he is an integral part of the future of this team and if we have the ambition players like him and Ashley Young need to be here.

A big summer ahead for the football club...

Hi General,

Hope you are ok and basking in sunshine like we are here in Costa Del Brum :D

With regards to James Milner. You always ask for the fans to trust in Randy and Martin. This is exactly what I am going to do with regards to this situation. James Milner is a fantastic player for us and it would be a great shame to have to sell him. But, if the CLUB believes it would be of greater benefit to us to sell then you have my full backing. What's best for the club is the most important thing and the money being mentioned is a considerably large amount.

All I would hope for is that the club think very carefully about who they did potentially sell to, if indeed we did decide to sell. Chelsea and Man Utd are established top two now and not really in our sights but Man City are competitors for 4th place and helping their cause might not be the better deal. May I suggest you taking a look at the "Speculation: Milner to City/Utd/Chelsea" thread, if you haven't already.

A question for you General. How far do you think England and USA will go in the World Cup? Are you looking forward to it as much as us lot?

Up The Villa,

Villarocker

Hi General, hope you are well.

Just a quick question, when will we see what the new home and away kits for next season look like? Oh, and dont take this the wrong way but please dont drag it out like last year's spanish anti climactic fiasco, lets just have a butchers asap. :D

keep up the good work, good luck to the US of A in the world cup and enjoy the summer General!!!

UTV

Hi Gen, question for the season ticket bars for next season:

For me this is one of the only bones of contention I have with Villa in general and that is having to pay to enter the season ticket holders bars before a match. Firstly, I don't personally believe that as ST holders we should then have to pay a further few quid to enter these bars before a match but I do appreciate that it's a good extra revenue stream for the club and as such my suggestion would be to introduce a sliding scale for entrance fees, for example 2 hours or more before a game - full price, less than 2 hours say half price, one hour or less should be free.

There are many occasions when I have reached the ground later than planned and rather than pay what is in essence around £7 or so for one pint (£3 actual cost of drink + entrance fee) I have instead chosen to simply mull around outside, this has then cost the club the money that I would have paid for a pint but refused to on the basis that I would have had to have spent more just to get in than the cost of the drink itself - which is lunacy!

Is this something you think could be implemented or at least something you could approach the appropriate people regarding?

I appreciate the club will hardly miss the odd £3 from me but I can imagine that there are quite a few other people this could/would relate to.