General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General, is Randy aware of how Ferguson started at Manchester United? It took him a long time to get where he/they are. Fans were wanting him sacked at one point. Hope we see Martin at Villa for a good many years to come.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I've read all your posts on all 3 sites since you joined the Villa family, but have never commented before.

I'd like to thank you & especially Randy Lerner for all that you have done for Aston Villa.

Before Randy came on the scene, i was bored with Villa & football in general, now its back as a major part of my life.

The past 4 years have been an amazing journey, and the highs & lows of this season alone have been unparalleled.

An interesting stat that you might not know - the last time Aston Villa achieved top 6 three times in a row was 1931.

Quite a feat that MON & Randy have managed.

I hope we have an 'interesting' summer, and can push on to even bigger & better things next year.

Thank you.

General

Great season we have made progress and firmly establised ourselves as a top 6 side . Think sometimes we are missing the point that is Europe Qualification 3 times on the trot !

On another point just a word to thank all the people who work behind the scenes on Hospitality honestly it really has been exceptional this season . Nice touch yesterday in the Trinity Lounge bringing in the magicians and sketch artists . Haven't had one person who I have bought in there say anything but positive things and for the money have to say it really is real value for money ! For what you pay at the likes of Spurs and Man City there simply is no comparison with Villa !

P.S Hope you liked the Flag and prepared to donate it to a permanent position in the Ground if you want it !

Hiya Gen

Well, there have been highs and lows. But all in all, last August if you had said, top 6, finish above the scousers, beat the Blues twice and we'll throw in two trips to Wembley - I reckon I'd have taken that !!.

Can I make a suggestion. I know this would be a logistical nightmare to do, but I am sure it could be done in the future and would really be a nice way to thank the fans for the support.

My suggestion is regarding the damp squib which is the "after match lap of appreciation". Which really is what I said, a damp squib.

Personally I would like me, and my kids to have a chance to have photos with our heroes. I believe this is where football has gone wrong over recent years, whereby players are seen as untouchable, not part of reality and not in the same world as the fans.

Surely, it would a nice way to thank fans if the club had either

a) After the match, all players being at different "stands" on the ptich / around the stadium in order for people to queue and have photos / autographs etc..

B) on a set day, an open day at Bodymoor / Villa Park where this could be done over a longer period.

B would maybe be a better option as it would be less crowded , and a real event could be done, with comps, stands as well as merchandise sales.

I just think yesterday, yeah, the players walked around, and I am sure they do appreciate the fans. But I didnt see one single players walk up to one of the stands / sign an autograph, give their shirt to a little kid etc..

It would have been a nice touch.

Especially for someone like Bouma.

Hope you believe this is a good suggestion.

Enjoy everyday apart from June 12th, and I am in California from July 27th - Aug. 17th - maybe we can catch up for a beer ! (joke by the way, as when I am over there I always get "Oh you are English, do you know my Auntie Peggy - she lives in London !"

Paul

EDIT

Re below

Please please please don't say Gabby - because if he is one of the more intelligent players, than god help us :D

Hey General.

Firstly as always I hope you and your family are good. I just wanted to warn you that some people will get on your back this summer over decisions the club may or may not make and I know we all have our moans etc but most of us are pretty pleased with how things are going. I for one would take a repeat of this season for next right now.

Theres no point any of us moaning and getting on anyones back as you said the owner has plans and hes pleased with how things are going. I know when he first come he stated he wants to take us to the top level (champions league), and you keep mentioning the plans so i doubt this has changed and i await with eagerness and watch on as to what Martin and Randys next step is.

Heres to a good summer - Enjoy the world cup and come on England ;)

General Krulak here:

1. Razor: I hate to disappoint you but we will not be getting a new Manager. We happen to believe that MON is the man wew want and that he can get the job done.

2. Jasevilla: Yes we do have a plan...it is a holistic plan. In other words, it is not just about football but, rather, about the totality of the Club...players, play on the Pitch, facilities, hospitatlity, ticketing, IT, etc. etc. It would not be smart for us to publish the plan or talk to facts and figures...never would want to do that on such an open forum.

3. Bully: Yes, Randy is hoping to hold a press conference at VP soon...counting on no volcanos to cause problems. He will talk about the state of the Club now and going forward. There is nothing to worry about.

4. It has been a roller coaster ride of a season. Home form has not been good...away has been the opposite. We have seen the same games you have seen and recognize where we have issues. Have patience...we know what we need to do.

General, once again I placed an online order Friday with the Villa shop and got it today, no expedited shipping or anything and the order itself wasn't processed until yesterday:

LONG ISLAND CITY, NY, US

05/11/2010 | 11:53 A.M. | DELIVERY

05/11/2010 | 9:22 A.M. | OUT FOR DELIVERY

05/11/2010 | 9:21 A.M. | ARRIVAL SCAN

NEWARK, NJ, US

05/11/2010 | 7:54 A.M. | DEPARTURE SCAN

05/11/2010 | 7:00 A.M. | IMPORT SCAN

05/11/2010 | 6:29 A.M. | ARRIVAL SCAN

KOELN (COLOGNE), DE

05/11/2010 | 3:49 A.M. | DEPARTURE SCAN

05/11/2010 | 12:45 A.M. | ARRIVAL SCAN

05/11/2010 | 12:43 A.M. | ARRIVAL SCAN

EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR, GB

05/10/2010 | 10:25 P.M. | DEPARTURE SCAN

05/10/2010 | 10:25 P.M. | DEPARTURE SCAN

05/10/2010 | 8:14 P.M. | ARRIVAL SCAN

MANCHESTER, GB

05/10/2010 | 7:50 P.M. | DEPARTURE SCAN

05/10/2010 | 4:56 P.M. | ORIGIN SCAN

GB

05/10/2010 | 7:40 A.M. | BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I doubt even the mighty Marine Core can move supplies across the globe as efficiently as Kitbag are doing with Villadirect, major props for sorting it out as overseas orders from the Villa store used to be a nightmare. They once upon a time tried to charge me $80 shipping on $120 of merchandise and estimated 3 weeks for delivery. Please whomever is running the online store operation now - keep them there, don't change a thing.

General apologies for covering old ground but can you please confirm or deny what Sports Direct are saying for the kit release dates.

Home 1st August, Away 7th August.

Also is the new main sponsor decided upon yet?

Hello General.

I read that Randy is doing his press interviews today.

Have MON and himself had their meeting and this is part of that process or is he yet to meet MON?

General

Maybe a weird request but is it possible to find out who the contractor was who made all the stained glass doors in the hospitality suites in the Trinity Road stand?

Hi General,

With Randy's announcement that the North Stand development will take place over the next 3 years, when will we be able to see the plans for this? Have you seen the plans yourself? Any inside info you can give us on this? :)

I too am happy with the season and the general progress on and off the pitch in what is becoming an increasingly difficult league to compete in. Well done everyone involved.

General Krulak here:

1. TheSufferingVilla: I would say that the speed of delivery equals or exceeds anything that the Marine Corps could produce...says a good deal about Villa and the mail!

2. DANVANDAL: The dates sound pretty accurate...could always fluctuate a week or so. We will not sell our shirt cheaply so if we don't get the right sponsor for the right price, we will stick where we are now.

3. North Stand: I doubt if that would be an issue that comes up at the Press Conference. When Randy is ready to announce the plans for the North Stand, he will do so. There will be fan input re. how to handle the movement of seats during the expansion, etc.

4. The stained glass windows are "originals" and copies. We found several originals in the bin area when we took over the Club (amazing!!!) and used those to help fashion some of the ones we have put up.

General , who answers the post that Randy gets about the club. Is it him or his secretary?
General I posted this on the last page and you may have missed it

General Krulak here:

4. The stained glass windows are "originals" and copies. We found several originals in the bin area when we took over the Club (amazing!!!) and used those to help fashion some of the ones we have put up.

Hi General, it maybe "amazing" to you, but it certainly isn't to those of us who endured for so long.

When will we know details of Pre-season friendlies?

Off topic a bit, but what's your opinion of the HBO Miniseries "The Pacific"?

Stay healthy General.

General, nice to see Paul Faulkner has been appointed Chief Executive, but I though he was that already even if not in name. How does this mean the management will be structured?

Will Randy spend less time involved, will MON now report to Paul, will Pauls previous position be filled.

It just seems that for a multi million organisation the senior management structure seems a little 'thin on the ground'