General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

I consider myself a supporter, not a customer. If i don't like the product it's not like I can go elsewhere!! This is part of modern football nowadays.... it's getting compared to all kinds of other industries whilst people (Clubs and Fans) are forgetting it is fundamentally the same game it was 30 years ago!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Risso: Thank you so much for your deep insight!!!! Like I haven't said the exact thing about 6 times...read back over the thread if you question me. My point is that the booing gets to me and to the lads...not questioning the "right" to boo...just mentioning how it makes people feel.

2. MODS: I will be off the site until next Friday...have to attend to Board Meetings. It's probably good for my sanity!!

All the best for the following week, General.

I wish to pass on my thanks to all those involved in the "team" this season (to include everyone connected with the club). We've done remarkably well and it bodes well for the future.

Happy end of the season to you.

Hi, General

Just wanted to thank you, Randy and all the staff for another exciting season. We've competed well in 3 competitions and I for one couldn't have asked for more. Of course there's disappointment not being able to push for that last "little" bit, but the club and the players gave it a good try and that's all I can ask for. They've done well. Hope the progress can continue next season.

And I got an exciting trip to Wembley too, to see my beloved Villa play there. Never thought that would happen. Shame about the result, but that was a risk I knew I took. It was a great trip nevertheless.

So, all in all, keep up the good work.

thanks,

Pelle

General can you please confirm what Sports Direct are saying for the kit release dates.

Home 1st August, Away 7th August.

Thanks for a brilliant season.

General

I am pleased with our season, many thanks to Randy and your good self, for what you do for our great club (our Villa family). Keep up the good work Sir

Really hope MON will stay with us, I am sure he will, we have every faith in him.

Are you attending Blackburn game ?

Up the Villa

Hi General, trust you are well.

Just wondering what timescale we are looking at for the new kit release, any info?

Also re the ground development, if we have pulled out of London 2012 I assume that means it is still two years away? Or would we be looking to start after next season?

Looking forward to a decent end of season party on Sunday, just a shame I have work on Monday!

General

I know you are not at liberty to divulge about specifics from the board meetings, but overall,

Are there any plans for us to progress further regarding our club overall ?

Global branding ?

Squad/team expansion/additions ? (not asking about actual transfers)

Any Villa park plans ?( North Stand expansion / development?)

Do we have a "five year plan " as I read in press in 2006 ? If so how is it going ?

I am asking these questions because I love Aston Villa and want the best we can for our great club and I do not believe all that I read in the national press.

Thank you Sir

Hi General,

I have read that Randy wasnt in attendance at the end of season awards, is there a reason for this or does he not usually attend such functions? This seems to have kickstarted the rumour mill again unfortunately.

Thanks for your help in what has to be seen a a good season as a Villa fan. Looking forward to more :)

Hi General,

I saw online that this seasons replica kits have been reduced in price to £20. Not wanting to pay £5 carriage as I only live a short drive away, I nipped down to VP after work on Friday afternoon and they are still full price in the Villa Village at £36. The guy in the shop didn't seem to know when they would be reduced in line with the online store. I don't really want to pay £5 carriage for something I am able to collect, but neither do I want to pay full price for something that is nearly half price online. Is it just a case that I'm going to have to choose between the lesser of two evils?

General Krulak here:

1. Randy and the end of season dinner: Randy has never attended one of those dinners...as he feels it should be something where the Manager is "front and center" and not the owner. We are all sorry about the rumor mills kicking up again but that is to be expected. Randy is going to be holding a press conference shortly...but, again, nothing to worry about. Everything is fine with the team, with MON, with the Club.

2. steve_avfc: Yes, we started our efforts with a five year plan and we are keeping to that plan...things are just about where we expected...if not a little bit ahead. Remember, it was not just a plan about the Team...it was an all-inclusive plan for the Club. Yes we will be working on the North Stand...it will be more than just a renovation. It is not tied to an Olympic bid. Obviously we want to progress the Club!!!!! I don't talk about players and transfer windows etc. BUT, I am sure we will see our Manager active in the market. We continue to work on the global expansion of our brand...this is critical for revenue and for recognition.

Fantastic to see such clear comments coming out of the club, General we all appreaciate the time and effort you put into coming on here. For me personally just makes the experience of being a Villa fan even greater knowing we have such good people in control.

General,

Can I thank you very much, and echo what VillaGoMarching says, Your presence on the site really helps us understand whats happening and avoid believing the stupid media attention we seem to have attracted this season, due to hype and success.

Please Pass on to Martin and Randy that this has been the best year of watching the team in a long time, Really enjoyed the season, very few lost matches which considering the quality in the league fantastic.

Proud to wear claret and blue again,

thanks to the team throughout the whole club for enhancing the villa experience.

Bring on tomorrow!!!

General

Thanks very much for your informative reply which is appredciated. It shows we are still movig forward and is reassuring of our bright future. I am pleased with what you said, a big club such ours deserves more global recognition.

I am exited and looking forward to the much needed new North stand. I hold a season ticket in North stand lower and compared to other stands at Villa Park, the North tand lower concourses could do with more space and facilities. But seating. atmoshere and view is excellent. Do you know or can you say when work would start also what plans, seating capacity etc.

After sunday, I will miss going to games at Villa Park (my church - sacred place of worship). I get serious withdrawal syndrome every summer.

Thanks again Sir

Hi General,

just like to say that i am absolutely sick of our style of football under MON, all we do is repeatedly cross the ball, regardless of whether it is working or not. I've tried to stay positive, hoping MON would get us passing the ball better but i don't think that is going to happen now. It's got to the point that i really don't enjoy watching us anymore. Im sure Randy can't enjoy watching it much either. Someone labelled us the other day as "the most boring top 10 team in europe" and i couldn't disagree. MON has done a good job to date but that's it now, it's clear we aren't going to get top 4 under his management. Im kind of hoping this press conference Randy is giving is to announce a new manager it's got that bad. A manager like Hughes, Hodgson or Bilic would have us playing better football within 1 match, im sure of it.

You don't even need to respond to this, i just needed to get if off my chest.

Some rather disturbing news today, General.

Blackburn Rovers, managed by Sam "anti-football' Allardyce, passed the ball more sharply and more accurately than Aston Villa, managed by Martin "we really are a fine side" O'Neill. Their movement was better too.

I am the type that backs the players and the manager to the hilt on matchday (I save my moaning for the internet, haha), but no-one now seriously expects Villa under MON ever to play the STYLE of football or be set up as a team in a way which will bring a place in the top-four.

It cost me 45 quid in fuel to watch that rubbish today.

Anyway, have a good break General, thanks for all the continous updates and answers throughout the season, it's definitely part of the better parts of the Villa experience. Enjoy the World Cup or the work ahead, whatever it is you will be doing, :lol: and we'll be back in a couple of months to start this whole thing off again. Or until the silly season with the transfer speculation kicks off again. ( I suggest some well timed vacations when it starts getting serious ;) )

General sir

I am disappointed with today's result against Blackburn, for me it epitomised some of the greatest on-pitch problems perfectly. I trust MON when he says he knows what these are, I just hope he has the chance to fix them with the backing required. Yes, we are at that level now...

It has been a good season and I have enjoyed our many highlights such as 2 trips to Wembley and the derby wins. 6th is admirable and we have arguably progressed by finishing in front of Liverpool and Everton - 2 teams we have been behind for years now. 4th was always a long shot in my opinion and will likely be longer next season.

I look forward to the summer, I think it is pivotal in many ways. I look forward to hearing from Randy personally in a few days time. And I look forward to next season although it will be a season for which I don't renew my season ticket. There are reasons for this, one is financial, another is travel time but most importantly I think that the product on the pitch is best viewed away from home at present. I hope to be proved wrong next season.

Here's to the future... Good health to you General and UTV!

General,Hope all is well.

I hear a lot about this plan but have never read it or seen it. (forgive me if its been asked before as I'm new on here.If it is about, direct me to it please)If not could you please publish it for me on here.Could you also give us any facts and figures on what you expect cost for the new stand and what revenue has been calculated it would bring in.Do you expect to fill the new stand as we dont get a bang on full house every week now,its close.When would the plans be drawn up for this or have they already and would they be available to see soon.I see it now,the Holte End 2 "stereo".Will it revert back to the Witton End as before.Have loads more questions for you but i would say you've got your work cut out answering everyone else as well.

Thanks a lot and regards to all at AVFC..............I leave you with this quote ..............................................

"Finance is important,but we should never forget that we are not talking about a mere business. This is Aston Villa Football Club, and it deserves nothing short of the best"

(Federick Rinder during the boardroom battles of the 1920s)