General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I don't get to as many games as I would like, but I am up for this weekend, want to bring my new camera and test it out, some panoramic shots etc and maybe a few of action during the game, for keepsake/memories. Would this be ok to do? I am not sure on the rules for photos during games as I have not taken a camera for a few years.

General, just a quick point but the tickets section on the new website is a bit of a mess at the moment and there is no mention of details for away games. Are there any plans to fix this soon?

PS It's a great re-design overall though!

General is Randy aware of the mass support off the fans he has had since MON's departure? I am actually excited again about the future of our club.

As someone who has been sceptical over the whole proceedings I also would like to express my absolute support to Randy and the board!!!

General,

I'll think you'll find Randy will get a standing ovation on Saturday (he should)...Its Randy who has moved Villa forward, under Randy Villa have had the backing to push on, any Manager worth his salt with £138 mill to spend would have progressed Villa..Can you let Randy know that Villa fans appreciate his efforts and ask him not to lose his passion..we are villa fans and the majority will support Villa through thick and thin, not glory hunters! although some glory would be nice : - )...I think the sudden departure made us fearful but in Randy we know we have the best man looking at the best for my club..UTV

Hi General

What are we looking for in a new manager? Will it be experience, ability to manage on a tight budget, a big name to keep our best players, etc.

My personal favourite is big Martin Jol, as I feel he would get us 4th, shift the deadwood, sign some excellent prospects and bring through our talented youth.

Thanks

General another question if I may,

With his hole Milner saga being held up again by city, and with the Barry saga last year, is it time we don't deal with them anymore after this?

i'd rather us make a little less on a sale and get it completed smoother, earlier and with more professionalism than what is happening right now.

]Perhaps the most important is that the wage to turnover was not anywhere near 83.7%...not sure where the stat come from but it is not accurate.

General, in case you missed my last question, the 83.7% figure is from the 2009 audited accounts, which of course is the most upto date publicly available figure.

Are you saying this is wrong, or were you referring to the May 2010 accounts, which of course have not been submitted to Companies House yet.

If it is the 2010 accounts, could I ask what the figure is?

General

There has been a lot of discussion elsewhere on the site (and some in the press) comparing our financial position to that of Tottenham Hotspur. Their wages bill was around £10m lower in the 2009 accounts and their turnover was much higher.

This of course emphasises the concern about Villa's player wages bill, which we are all focused on for obvious reasons at the moment.

However, looking at both sets of accounts it seems that Villa employ many more staff than Tottenham overall - around 445 compared with their 286, a difference of 159.

That seems a massive difference for two organisations running essentially the same sort of business. I wondered if anyone is looking at this alongside the player wages issue. Obviously player wages are the most significant part of the wages bill but, if we have to make cuts, it would be good to know the support and backroom functions are being slimmed down as far as possible as well, before the axe falls on the playing staff.

Hi General

Rumours are just that and must be taken with a pinch of salt, but Bob Bradley? Sorry to get all Thatcheresque on you, but no, no, no!

I just want to re-iterate this. Please General, if you want to avoid a fan backlash don't appoint a relatively unproven manager like Bob Bradley. If need be, spend some of the Milner money on a really top class manager like Hiddink or Jol.

General, regarding Brinys point. Isn't it true that we employ more staff than they do but they are more reliant on agengy staff, Villa preferring to employ and control the type of people appearing on match days?

Also is it not true that VP is used more for 'corporate functions' outside match days therefore necessitating more staff?

Presumably Spurs total income is greater due to their extortionate ST prices?

General,

Would it be possible to get a preiction from you for the game against West Ham? I would like your predicted score and the name of the player you think will score first.

Every game, on the way to the match with my family, we pop into the local bookmakers and place our predictions, which is a combo bet called a scorecast, at which I am totally useless. So, your help in trying to remove the bookmaker of some of his easily earned money would be much appreciated.

Regarding Bob Bradley, I would suggest that people have a look at his coaching record in the US. The only man to win coach of the year award on 2 occasions. The only man to win 100 games as a manager with a win to lose ratio of something like 2.5 to 1.

I know that people will say that it is easy in the US and that the quality is nowhere near as good as in the PL, which is true, but you could also argue that Bradley gained better results and performances from his team of bargain players than Capello did from his team of supposed Superstars during the World Cup. If MON had quit before the World Cup and Capello was linked with our management position the fans would have been begging you to get him in!

I reckon we should let Randy do his work and trust that he makes the right decision, whoever he gives the job to. Giving the new guy a hard time before he has even been given enough time to work his stuff is just not going to help the club at all.

]Perhaps the most important is that the wage to turnover was not anywhere near 83.7%...not sure where the stat come from but it is not accurate.

General, in case you missed my last question, the 83.7% figure is from the 2009 audited accounts, which of course is the most upto date publicly available figure.

Are you saying this is wrong, or were you referring to the May 2010 accounts, which of course have not been submitted to Companies House yet.

If it is the 2010 accounts, could I ask what the figure is?

And does this mean that if the wage figure is not anywhere near 84% now, that the reduction of the wage bill was being addressed under MON, something that you said wasn't the case?

Hi General,

Leaving the manager stuff behind for the moment, there's two things I think that are worth mentioning....

1 - The new OS. It's much, much better. Easier to use, nicer to look at and much more in-keeping with the 'new' AVFC. The fact that there isn't a thread on here with people moaning about it probably is the best indicator of a good job done. As a web developer myself, it's a website that if I'd have done myself I'd feel proud to have in the portfolio. However, there is one small issue that I think is worth bringing up and asking to get changed as its a fairly big usability problem and has caused myself a few issues. Links to other pages when in the main white body (ie, ones saying 'click here for the ticket office in news items) are exactly the same font color and without any underline on - meaning you don't realise that the text is actually a link. Is it possible to ask for an underline to be added onto links on the white body copy so it's not as confusing please?

2 - The exclusive web offer for Everton - I'd decided to take a break from my season ticket this year - for many reasons (some manager related, some just plain football related) - however - that was a great offer to put on and it got me purchasing my first ticket of the season rather than waiting a while before getting back to VP. So thank you - £10 to watch the Villa in the Premier League is a bargain.

Cheers.