• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 21)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 87)

Spurs have drawn four of their last seven league games.

That's not the point ... the intent to play attacking football and least really try to win, to take risks, is the point.

:crylaugh:

I thought your world class strikers would provide you for the wins? Glaston, if you havent realised, football is about denfending and attacking, you need to both win a game. Sometimes points are good results. We win our game in hand and we go above you. If we'd of lost to you then you'd of moved 5 points clear. So a draw is a good result for us, as the home team you are expected to take the game to the opposition. Just admit it that our defence got the better of your attack.

We quite clearly are not good enough to be top four. Unfortunately despite having Young, Downing and Milner there isn't enough attacking craft and guile. I'd put this down to the guys up front rather than the midfield, but when Heskey goes off after 15 minutes because he can't deal with getting a slight knock, and Carew can't be arsed anymore, we're in trouble.

Our ball up front/down wing and hope to win a corner routine does get tiresome and whilst it might often work, to rely on this won't get us up with the big boys, in my opinion.

Spurs are also quite clearly not good enough for top four. They've been better than us both times they've played us, but not managed to actually score the goals. There over reliance of hoofing to Crouch was also their downfall, as Dunne and Collins will deal with that all day.

A better result than what I expected from us, but I still think Spurs, Man City and Liverpool will be above us come the end of the season.

We quite clearly are not good enough to be top four. Unfortunately despite having Young, Downing and Milner there isn't enough attacking craft and guile. I'd put this down to the guys up front rather than the midfield, but when Heskey goes off after 15 minutes because he can't deal with getting a slight knock, and Carew can't be arsed anymore, we're in trouble.

Our ball up front/down wing and hope to win a corner routine does get tiresome and whilst it might often work, to rely on this won't get us up with the big boys, in my opinion.

Spurs are also quite clearly not good enough for top four. They've been better than us both times they've played us, but not managed to actually score the goals. There over reliance of hoofing to Crouch was also their downfall, as Dunne and Collins will deal with that all day.

A better result than what I expected from us, but I still think Spurs, Man City and Liverpool will be above us come the end of the season.

I absolutely agree with all of that and who'd have thunk that 12 months ago :winkold: