PL: Man Utd h Match thread 2010/02/10 19:45

limpid

Well all I can say is that I'll be wearing my Villa shirt and my mates aren't idiots, they'll be singing Villa songs and won't dare to celebrate a United goal nor will make it obvious they support United.

I think we'll lose 0-2 unfortunately.

Can I just ask what is the point of going to watch your team if you can't barrack or celebrate? Might as well just watch telly?

As for the glory hunter debate, I think us non-Brunny Villa supporters should be called misery-hunters :lol:

1. I have no idea what a "Brunny" is.

2. Going to Wembley, great young squad, fantatsic manager, incredible owner, harmony at club, pride of the Midlands, chasing Europe all equates to misery?

I suggets you go follow Pompey if you want an example of misery.

(I do realise you were joking but just wanted to make a point :lol: )

1. Brunny = a typo

2. I understand it's actually great to be a Villa supporter. It just feels like Jonestown on here sometimes

I know mate, was only joshin. Agree about the negativity on here at times though, hence why I spend alot of my time on here thinking up puns to lighten the mood.

Is Nani playing? If he plays on the right and performs as he has done in the last few games, it could be a struggle for Luke Young at left back.

Luke is versatile but someone going on the outside of him will always get a look in eventually.

Is Nani playing? If he plays on the right and performs as he has done in the last few games, it could be a struggle for Luke Young at left back.

Luke is versatile but someone going on the outside of him will always get a look in eventually.

Nani is having a good time of it at the moment but Luke Young has dealt with a lot of dangerous players at left back in his time there.

2-1, with injury time winner just to drive the world's most annoying prick Fergie nuts. I hope his head explodes the arrogant c***.
If Manure lose tonight Fergie will undoubtedly blame the ref for not giving 20 minutes injury time.

I am not saying we are going to win tonight, lets face it I wouldn't say that would I :winkold:, but when was the last time we doubled them ?
Before December how long was it before we'd beaten them at OT?

Records are there to be broken.

I can't believe I'm ill and can't make the match tomorrow :(

**** go anyways, there are tons of villa fans overseas that would go rain or shine, deathbed or broke! i know cause im one of them!

I'm predicting a **** VILLA win, there, i've said it. Villa 2 - Man Ure 1

So shall we just say your dead broke and leave it at that :lol:

Anyway....I had a dream about this, a very strange dream, Rooney was playing for Villa!!!!alongside Gabby, and after the game they were having a shower and i heard Gabby say to Rooney ( I was the shower cleaner in the dream) I've got one and you've got one, so i'm reading between the lines that this must mean 2, so 2 goals, we will beat Man Utd 2-0, has to be what else could 2 men in a shower be on about.....

Put your answers in writing and address them to..............

Wigan = Predicted a win we actually lost

Liverpool = Predicted a win we actually won

Fulham = Predicted a loss we actually won

sha = Predicted a win we actually won

Portsmouth = Predicted a win we actually won

Rovers = DID NOT PREDICT

citeh = Predicted a loss we actually drew

Chelsea = DID NOT PREDICT

Wolves = DID NOT PREDICT

Evernot = Predicted a draw we got a draw

Wet Spam = Predicted a loss we lost

Bolton = Predicted a draw we won

Burnley = predicted a win we drew

Spuds = Predicted a loss we drew

Hull = predicted a win we won

Manure = predicted a win we won

Sunderland = predicted a win we won

Stoke = predicted a win we won

Arse = Predicted a draw we lost

Plop = predicted a loss we lost

Wet Spam = said I had a bad feeling so we'll say predicted a loss we drew

Arse = Predicted a loss we drew

Fulham = DID NOT PREDICT

Spuds = Predicted a loss we drew

In total I have 10 out of 20 predictions correct and have predicted 9 wins, we have won 9 times, predicted 8 losses we have lost 4 times, predicted 3 draws we have drawn 7.

Points from my predictions = 30, actual points from the 20 games = 34.

By way of comparison, here is a full list of all my match result predictions on VillaTalk (the first being near the end of last season):

Villa v Hull: Predicted result 4-1 defeat, actual result 1-0 win

Villa v Newcastle: Predicted result 3-0 defeat, actual result 1-0 win

Villa v Portsmouth: Predicted result 3-0 defeat, actual result 2-0 win

Villa v Bolton: Predicted result 3-0 defeat, actual result 5-1 win

Fulham v Villa: Predicted result 4-1 defeat, actual result 2-0 win

Total predictions (P W D L F A Pts): 5-0-0-5-2-17-0

Total actual results (P W D L F A Pts): 5-5-0-0-11-1-15

Prediction success rate: 0 %

In defence of this undeniably poor record, I should point out that the first four predictions were prompted mostly by fear of Villa messing up in “should win” type games. I fear it’s going to go wrong, so I predict a really dismal “VillaTalk meltdown” type result in the hope that my prediction will be proved completely wrong. The last prediction (against Fulham) was prompted by dreaming that we had lost 4-1. As a defeat by a three goal margin is my “lucky prediction”, and it had actually “come to me in a dream”, I decided to predict that in the match thread. Once again I was happy to see it turn out to be entirely wrong as another win was chalked up.

Anyway, I now have a question for the superstitious-minded:

Should I now predict another three-goal defeat (my “lucky prediction” that’s been followed by nothing but wins so far) for tonight’s game against United? Or would that be pushing things too far? Is it too likely to bounce back at me this time by actually happening?