PL: Man Utd h Match thread 2010/02/10 19:45

limpid

Doom! Doom!

I've been agreeing with you more often than not of late Richard, but I fancy us for a draw tomorrow night. There, I've said it. It's reckless abandon I tells ye!

*EDIT - ah. you've gone draw as well. -*

and I bet you feel all dirty now as well :lol:

Take a point.

I'd go 4-5-1 with Delph in the middle as Heskey will just be carrying a knock and Carew is not very good.

going with 5 united mates in the upper holte. Ugh.

I hope there's going to be a nice moment when both sets of fans are singing "We're going to Wem-ber-ley, ka sera, sera"

You're asking for trouble there mate IMO.

At the Brighton game a couple of weeks ago there were a group of about 4 or 5 Brighton fans in the home section of the North Stand, they made the innocent mistake of celebrating their equalising goal, about 20 or 30 men (who looked and sounded as though their IQ's were less than their shoe sizes) took exception to this and hounded them until the Stewards asked them to leave.

Now for me personally I thought that was excessive to the extreme, it was afterall only Brighton, it was a big day out for them and they obviously would have got tickets in their end if they could have.

Anyway, I should imagine that for the United match such a reaction would be amplified by ten fold at least, plus it's an evening match so all the morons will have had a full days drinking under their belts too.

Just be careful.

Back to topic I can't see anything other than a 2-0 defeat.....sadly.

3-0 To Man Ure. I think those advocating the 4-5-1 system are right. Carew is a useless sack of crap this season and it would be pointless to play him in this game if Heskey isn't fit. Throw Delph into a 4-5-1 and try to keep it tight and maybe sneak a draw.

Take a point.

I'd go 4-5-1 with Delph in the middle as Heskey will just be carrying a knock and Carew is not very good.

I hope there's going to be a nice moment when both sets of fans are singing "We're going to Wem-ber-ley, ka sera, sera"

You're asking for trouble there mate IMO.

At the Brighton game a couple of weeks ago there were a group of about 4 or 5 Brighton fans in the home section of the North Stand, they made the innocent mistake of celebrating their equalising goal, about 20 or 30 men (who looked and sounded as though their IQ's were less than their shoe sizes) took exception to this and hounded them until the Stewards asked them to leave.

Now for me personally I thought that was excessive to the extreme, it was afterall only Brighton, it was a big day out for them and they obviously would have got tickets in their end if they could have.

Anyway, I should imagine that for the United match such a reaction would be amplified by ten fold at least, plus it's an evening match so all the morons will have had a full days drinking under their belts too.

Just be careful.

Back to topic I can't see anything other than a 2-0 defeat.....sadly.

I'd reiterate what BFH&V said. I've taken a united fan into the upper holte before to see villa united, but he's a plastic, he's never been to Old Trafford and i wasn't concerned that he'd make a squeak. I've also taken a Plop fan in the Holte when they beat us this season, he did a good impression of being gutted when they scored. With 5 however it's surely going to be more difficult to keep under wraps, i suggest they sing their hearts out and jump around like men posessed when Gabby puts us one up :D

3-0 To Man Ure. I think those advocating the 4-5-1 system are right. Carew is a useless sack of crap this season and it would be pointless to play him in this game if Heskey isn't fit. Throw Delph into a 4-5-1 and try to keep it tight and maybe sneak a draw.

I'm sorry chief but if there's one player that should not make an appearance tomorrow night then it's Delph.

He's a headless chicken at the moment with no sense of discipline (literal and from a positional sense), he'll be caught constantly out of position against a midfield full of experience and ability and in fact would more than likely directly contribute to at least one goal against us.

Don't get me wrong, I think he could be a really top player but he's still very much learning at the moment and tomorrow would be a step too far in his education, IMO.

I have to agree...Delph wouldn't be the right choice in my eyes either. If we were to go 4-5-1 it'd have to be (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Sidwell. That said, I think we'll go 4-4-2 and hope that Carew can become useful again. Balls to it, I'm going for a 1-0 win with Carew scoring the goal.

He's a headless chicken at the moment with no sense of discipline (literal and from a positional sense), he'll be caught constantly out of position against a midfield full of experience and ability .

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think delph would be caught out of position if he was to play in a midfield 3 with petrov holding, as if he was caught out petrov or milner would be there to mop up. If it was a 4-4-2 system then you'd be right IMO as delph would be a liability against Man Ure with only one CM partner.

Take a point.

Mate 2 seasons ago i saw 3 utd fans get proper battered in the upper holte dont recomend it at all!..

According to sportinglife Scholes and giggs are going to start for Man utd. Nani and Carrick will probably make up the 4.

While i think Delph should be getting more of a run than he is, this is not the time to throw him in. Id start with the 2 up top and see if we can cause them problems. Maybe we might even see the Carew that was awesome against them for the 1st half last season at Old Trafford ?

Take a point.

Mate 2 seasons ago i saw 3 utd fans get proper battered in the upper holte dont recomend it at all!..

Its all about how they behave, there were two lads next to me in the lower Holte this season against Liverpool. I could tell both of them were liverpool supporters even though they had kept quiet for the whole game. Luckily for me and them they left before Torres got the winner. But it could have got nasty.

Any opposition fans should sit anywhere but the Holte IMO

With Carew being a waste of oragans this season it has to be 4-5-1.

Top scorers against the best defenders, it's going to be an ugly game if you're a Villa fan.

---------------Freidel

Cuellar--Collins--Dunne--L Young*

----------------Petrov

Downing--Milner--Delph--A Young

----------------Gabby

*Presuming Warnocks still injured?

Well all I can say is that I'll be wearing my Villa shirt and my mates aren't idiots, they'll be singing Villa songs and won't dare to celebrate a United goal nor will make it obvious they support United.

I think we'll lose 0-2 unfortunately.

Can I just ask what is the point of going to watch your team if you can't barrack or celebrate? Might as well just watch telly?

As for the glory hunter debate, I think us non-Brunny Villa supporters should be called misery-hunters :lol:

I can't believe I'm ill and can't make the match tomorrow :(

**** go anyways, there are tons of villa fans overseas that would go rain or shine, deathbed or broke! i know cause im one of them!

I'm predicting a **** VILLA win, there, i've said it. Villa 2 - Man Ure 1