PL: Man Utd h Match thread 2010/02/10 19:45

limpid

Draw would be a great result here, a far more confident Man u than when we beat them at home before xmas. In saying that we are defending very well of late and would not be surprised if we could manage to keep another clean sheet.

There all about Rooney really going forward. Nani would not duely concern me ( and could actually work in our favour if he plays as badly as he can) Should be a good game

When I can be arsed, and for the benefit of my ever increasing fan club, I'll trawl all the predictions I have made and the actual result. In fact here's an improvement for the MODS, how about a predictions league for the posters on here?

When I can be arsed, and for the benefit of my ever increasing fan club, I'll trawl all the predictions I have made and the actual result. In fact here's an improvement for the MODS, how about a predictions league for the posters on here?

Was thinking the same myself, would be a good idea.

Support

Your

Local

Team

You

Glory

Hunting

Bastards.

My local team would be a London club.

Am I a glory hunter? :lol:

Yes. Simple as. :lol:

What? :shock: I think if I was a glory hunter Aston Villa would be one of the last teams I'd support. :P

Supporting Aston Villa wasn't even my own choice anyway. My step dad's always supported them (he liked the colours apparently) and I came home from school one day (this must've been about 12 years ago) and he'd got me a Villa shirt. That's how it started.

Couldn't imagine supporting any other team now though. I've never supported anyone else - only the Villa.

if they celebrate they may well end up getting a kicking

id rather people from round here supported the blues over man utd

Agree 100% with this, rather kids in the West Midlands who are looking for a team to support choose SHA or Baggies than ManUre, Le Arse, Plop or Chel$ki...

I don't like Utd fans sitting in home areas at all, however, as for who they support. What about if they are merely following their parents?

Have moved?

etc

etc

I think those that post about disrespect fellow Villans who are not from Brum.

I wouldn't really call any of my mates glory hunters, especially living outside of Birmingham and a 40 minute journey to VP, unless there parents were Villa fans (which none of them are, some of there dads are United fans too) then they don't really see any games bar off Tele and as a young'en, you'll tend to just go with the best team you see, hence why around my area is mostly Man United.

Like Mantis, I also glass glory hunters as someone who say Dad brings someone up a Villa fan and then when there whatever age 12+ say they want to support United cause "there better" then that's glory hunting.

As promised for my fans here are the comparisons from the league games this season wher I have actually made a prediction and the actual results:

Wigan = Predicted a win we actually lost

Liverpool = Predicted a win we actually won

Fulham = Predicted a loss we actually won

sha = Predicted a win we actually won

Portsmouth = Predicted a win we actually won

Rovers = DID NOT PREDICT

citeh = Predicted a loss we actually drew

Chelsea = DID NOT PREDICT

Wolves = DID NOT PREDICT

Evernot = Predicted a draw we got a draw

Wet Spam = Predicted a loss we lost

Bolton = Predicted a draw we won

Burnley = predicted a win we drew

Spuds = Predicted a loss we drew

Hull = predicted a win we won

Manure = predicted a win we won

Sunderland = predicted a win we won

Stoke = predicted a win we won

Arse = Predicted a draw we lost

Plop = predicted a loss we lost

Wet Spam = said I had a bad feeling so we'll say predicted a loss we drew

Arse = Predicted a loss we drew

Fulham = DID NOT PREDICT

Spuds = Predicted a loss we drew

In total I have 10 out of 20 predictions correct and have predicted 9 wins, we have won 9 times, predicted 8 losses we have lost 4 times, predicted 3 draws we have drawn 7.

Points from my predictions = 30, actual points from the 20 games = 34.

So what have we learnt here.

1. I have too much time on my hands

2. A prediction is just that, a prediction even though the results suggest I have not been entirely wrong

3. I don't always predict a loss

4. When I make a prediction in future I'm going to do it on page 1 or two of the match thread so I do not have to trawl through 8 or 9 pages on every thread again.

5. I am not a doom monger

Thanks