PL: Man Utd h Match thread 2010/02/10 19:45

limpid

yes in my experience anyway (i lived up there a couple of years)

from my experience the old 'there are more man city fans and no man utd fans in manchester' thing is a myth - if anything i met more man utd fans than man city fans.

sorta like when the blues say there are a lot more blues fans in birmingham than villa

however, that might just be my experience

I have a mate from Hungary who "supports" Man United but he got a season ticket in the Upper Holte last season as he wanted to watch some football, he was also sat in the Villa end with us at Old Trafford this season (his first time at OT), he says he is half and half now.

As for the game I am not confident but the recent run has left us not needing the points so much, so that might take the pressure off a bit.

yes in my experience anyway (i lived up there a couple of years)

from my experience the old 'there are more man city fans and no man utd fans in manchester' thing is a myth - if anything i met more man utd fans than man city fans.

sorta like when the blues say there are a lot more blues fans in birmingham than villa

however, that might just be my experience

All the mancs I know support Utd. The inferior team in any city have to peddle the 'we're the true team of the city shite' - see Citeh, Everton and the Noses - because they have nothing else to say and in every case it's total bull.

As for the game reckon it'll be our current fave score of 0-0.

if they celebrate they may well end up getting a kicking

id rather people from round here supported the blues over man utd

Agree 100% with this, rather kids in the West Midlands who are looking for a team to support choose SHA or Baggies than ManUre, Le Arse, Plop or Chel$ki...

if they celebrate they may well end up getting a kicking

id rather people from round here supported the blues over man utd

There not idiots.

Anyway, stop blaming me ;) they got the tickets and offered me one (without me knowing, I don't care anyway to be honest)

5 fans who will join in with Villa songs but be secretley supporting United is hardly going to reck the atmosphere is it.

As for the game I am not confident but the recent run has left us not needing the points so much, so that might take the pressure off a bit.
If we can handle the relatively easy fixtures after this one well then yes, we don't need the points. However, I'm being cautious about this. We're going into the end of the season with some incredibly "easy" fixtures but I know that we have slipped up at this point in this past.

We won't stop Manure scoring as they are in terrific form at the moment and Rooney, well if Reo-Coker wasn't injured i'd tell Reo to stamp on Rooney every chance he got. Man mark him and he will get frustrated and eventually lash out. My team.....

Freidal

Beye Collins Dunne Young

Petrov

Milner Sidwell Delph Young

Agbonlahor

Will forcast another defeat for us as my match predictions are usually wrong.

I'd like to see

Freidel

Cuellar Collins Dunne Young

Petrov

Downing Milner Young

Delph

Gabby

This, but I'd switch Delph and Milner.

Love to see it BUT we all know the likelihood is that MON will go 4-4-2!

I think we can win this. Stop Wazza and you stop Man U, although I appreciate that this is easier said than done!

Like the aboce poster i'm concerned that Nani will look to tie Carlos in knots on our right, Carlos is very good at making tackles, even when he's got his back to goal but i worry that Nani will draw one or two fouls out of him, Downing and Young will have to track back like they did against Spuds which in turn means we're likely to be less effective on the break.

It'll be a tough match but i've got a good feeling about this, United aren't the force they were and even Pompey rattled them in the first 20 minutes of the game on Saturday.

1-0 Villa

If you had to choose beating Man U either on Wednesday or at Wembley - what would you prefer - I'd prefer Wembley - we've beaten them once this season, twice is pushing it and three times - well -highly unlikely. Would prefer to beat them three times really though.