PL: Spurs a Match Thread 2010/02/06 17:30

limpid

I wouldn't think the final would be looming just yet. Next weekend in the FAC 5th round or the following week against Burnley maybe yes, but we've got Spurs and United in quick succession I don't think there will be problems with focusing on the here and now.

Looking forward to this one, Spurs should be more tired than us so thats our first advantage.

Second, Bale, IMO he is weak in defense, great going forward and given a bit more confidence he may improve. However, even against Leeds, when he was isolated he looked all over the place, against quality wingers, on their game, he could cost Spurs.

Spurs however have Defoe on fire and I feel sure he will score at some stage, especially with Collins and Dunne in the middle, perhaps given the chance Davies or Carlos would have been better suited, we will see.

All the players, from both teams, have plenty to prove to the press, the fans and the England manager, just hope its a fair game with no bad decisions from the ref.

Score 2-2.

I'm wondering if some Villa players will be somewhat distracted by your looming Wembley final and perhaps overly-keen to avoid an injury that might mean the missing the chance to play in that final?

do you mon is stupid enough to allow them to be like that? they will wnat to play well so they START in the final

im not confident going into this game we dont have agood record there. im just leaving now to go up there, last season i went and we won so im hoping same again please!

Without Lennon there is some truth in what you say. However Bale has plenty of pace as a wing-back and Defoe is also pretty quick (Jenas is also quick, but I'd expect Huddlestone to start ahead of him today.)

Bale is quick but I expect him to have to do a bit more defending today than he did on Wednesday night and can't see Modric dropping back in to support him against Ash or Downing? Defoe is also quick but I was talking about width and midfield pace. Jenas baffles me - neat footballer but not a top 7/8 player and defo not an England player IMO. I watched him on Wednesday night and thought a decent CM'er would have had a really enjoyable night against that Leeds CM but he did very little for me. Whilst I think Huddlestone is a good player I view him as a Barry sort - sits deep and distributes - so him and Palacios won't really exploit our main weakness IMO - an attacking CM'er who can get in behind Petrov and exploit the space in front of the CB's.

Looking forward to it now!

Hopefully it could be a belter!

With spurs being the home team this could suit our counter attacking game!

Tight defence, Gabby on fire and Heskey Hat trick!

Disappointed that this game is on at the same time as the rugby - but if we win both it will be worth it!

All the players, from both teams, have plenty to prove to the press, the fans and the England manager.

Do they?

Not sure what Richard Dunne, James Collins, Friedal, Cueller, Petrov, Carew etc have to prove to the England manager.

Not sure what any of our players or spurs players have to prove to the fans???????? Both teams playing well and going well in the league.

Media???

Have the papers said that theyr all shit or summit?????

Probably the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on hear. (bar Was Martin Laursen really any good? (which was mis-worded))- before you say that in defence.