PL: Spurs a Match Thread 2010/02/06 17:30

limpid

This will be a 3-0 Villa win.

mark my words.

..................and marked :D

Hope so, Just get the feeling we are coming good, i mean even better than before Christmas, Ash is looking more determined, Milner, well Milner is Milner, but i've got him down for a goal tomorrow.

I'm going for a 3-1 win to Villa, sounds crazy but i just think we are due.

That's it, so my section officer is just coming to tuck me up for the night and to make sure the straps on my jacket are straight and not to tight.

Up the Villa, and Gabby, only 2 tomorrow please its not good to embarrass Arry, puts him of is Wii golf with Jamie.

:| So you'd take a defeat on the basis that you have had 'thoughts' that Milner may get injured? That's a weird train of thought you've just taken....!

I was just thinking out loud and of worst case scenarios to be honest!

Don't know where i was going with it.

Don't see us winning this anyway. Spurs sounded good midweek and although they were against leeds they still sounded good for their win.

Someone did mention the fact that our pace on the counter might cause them some issues though which could happen if we perform.

Only one team has scored more than 1 goal at WHL in a league game all season, and that was Manchester Utd.

In the first 37 games of the 2007-08 season, Middlesbrough failed to score more than two goals in a game.

Yet, on the last day of the season, they put eight past Man City.

Records are there to be gang-raped.

im on holiday in NY and found a pub that is showing the game.. effing stoked

What pub? Why dont you go watch it with the NY Villa boys over at Nevada Smiths?

didnt know there were such a group. im here from australia so i will suss it out

Didn't Kyle Walker join yids in the summer along with Kyle Naughton, hardly a "new arrival".

He's been on loan at Sheffield Utd (the club who sold him) since then, so this is the first time he's been actually been with Spurs in any practical sense.

I do fancy Gabby's pace to trouble King (now he is a sporadic performer) and Dawson.

Interesting battle - pace and crossing ability against guile and technique? I would say we are much pacier and more direct whilst they are probably more composed footballers.

Without Lennon there is some truth in what you say. However Bale has plenty of pace as a wing-back and Defoe is also pretty quick (Jenas is also quick, but I'd expect Huddlestone to start ahead of him today.)

I'm wondering if some Villa players will be somewhat distracted by your looming Wembley final and perhaps overly-keen to avoid an injury that might mean the missing the chance to play in that final?

Any result is very possible in the game today. On balance I think that Spurs are more likely to win, with a draw being the 2nd most likely result.

The first goal either way will be crucial. Hopefully Spurs will score first, making Villa abandon their counter-attacking game plan and commit to playing more of an attacking, open game. Otherwise, if Villa score first, it will be hard for Spurs to break you down in search of an equaliser and the pattern of play will more suit you scoring a 2nd on the counter.