PL: Spurs a Match Thread 2010/02/06 17:30

limpid

Tottenham aren't in the best form and they're missing Lennon

Despite Defoe scoring yesterday, he hasn't been playing that greatly recently as well.

Watch out for Modric and Defoe.

Also, we've got a full week's rest for this game whereas Spurs have got to play Leeds in the FA Cup on Wednesday and they're probably going to play a full strength team and hopefully that game goes to extra time

I don't think there's any reason why we can't win this. We attacked well in the first half yesterday and defended well in the second. Now that Gabby has netted two goals in one game after that long dry spell hopefully he can go on to score more. I'm predicting either a 1 or 2-0 win.

If we'd lost or had a no score draw yesterday I think things would be very different.

It's vital to avoid defeat.

A win would be nice though. Victories over Spuds are more satisfying than most others.

Unfortunatley there have been too few and far between over the years. Redknapp seems to have the knack over MON (and Villa) and the games are usually close. Hope we can take some confidence from Fulham game into Spurs - if we avoid defeat then id be very pleased...a win and id be on top of the world.

Is Lennon available for this? Hope not, never used to think this little bouncy clearing in the woods was any good - but he has improved alot this year. As usual we'll have to try and keep little and large quiet - but being strong at the back and our midfield will have to be up for the battle in the middle of the park to prevent any service being provided to their strikers.

Ive been very pleased with Ashley Young in the last couple of games ,lets hope he can continue his recent good form. Be nice to get more villa fans down there for this one, heard there's not as many as usual going - im sure those who are going will ensure we make plenty of noise.

Ya Lennon is meant to be out alright so they havent been the say team since he has gone. They battered us at villa park earlier on in the season so we can't play any worse than we did that day ( and we nearly hung on for a win). They have tightened up there defence and not lettin in many goals at the moment but as mentioned defoe isnt hittin the form he was earlier in the season.

I can see us getting something out of this one ( especially if defend like we did on sat). A win would be a massive 3 points in the scheme of things but would be more than happy with a point

I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this one - like the FUlham game, I just get the feeling we have learned from last year, are more prepared to cope with the end of the season 'push' as it were. We might not win, but I just can't see us losing this one, which would be important - especially as we host United after that.

Bear in mind also that Spurs are away to Leeds in the Cup replay tomorrow night too. Extra time and penalties please and perhaps the odd niggle or knock :lol:

I'm feeling strangely optimistic about this one - like the FUlham game, I just get the feeling we have learned from last year, are more prepared to cope with the end of the season 'push' as it were. We might not win, but I just can't see us losing this one, which would be important - especially as we host United after that.

Bear in mind also that Spurs are away to Leeds in the Cup replay tomorrow night too. Extra time and penalties please and perhaps the odd niggle or knock :lol:

It'd be nice if Modric and Defoe were to get kicked all over Elland Road tomorrow night.

We can certainly win this game, infact i'm fairly confident that Villa are a match for anyone opponent in the league at the moment. My only worry is that i can see Defoe getting on the end of one of the many blocks and sliding tackles that are back four are so good at making. He's not at his best at the moment but he is quick, i can see him latching onto a deflection or block in the box and sticking one or two in. I think we'll need Milner or Petrov to do a job on Modric as well, he seems to make their team tick. Other than those two i reckon we're as good if not better than them across the park.

I hate this club with a passion. I hate it, its manager and everything to do with it, perhaps more so than virtually any other club in the league. There is nothing more I would like than a win for us against these .

(for my fans out there) unfortunately I can only see a defeat

I hate this club with a passion. I hate it, its manager and everything to do with it, perhaps more so than virtually any other club in the league. There is nothing more I would like than a win for us against these .

(for my fans out there) unfortunately I can only see a defeat

Out of the contenders for top 4 Spuds are certainly my favorite. I've never liked Liverpool for various reasons and Man City are just trying to buy success.

Why? From what I can remember you said the same about Arsenal and we almost won. We rarely ever lose. We draw a lot I'll give you that but I doubt we'll lose. Why the unwarranted pessimism?

Ya ideal situation would be a blood bath of a match at elland road tomorrow night with spurs picking up injuries and suspensions all over the place. Think they have made a mistake letting keane go because if the crouch defoe parthnership is not working they are short on plan b's. While they have better forward options than us, we have a stronger backline and I think midfield. Interesting how young/ downing will get on with Bale ( who i still think is vulerable defensivily despite the praises he is getting in some quaters lately). If we can go ahead early the spurs crowd might start to get on their teams back as they have been lately so important to start well.