• Cuellar
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delph (on for Heskey 78)

Our lack of goals in the league is worrying tbh.

dont worry about that media b0ll0cks trying to uensttle the side. in those games we have played arsenal twice, liverpool and west ham. barring west ham the other three games were top four sides

we looked solid today and cesc was non existant. referee was a joke. should be demoted

Regarding Downing, he had an off day, that is all. He carried on trying and didnt hide from the ball. All players have those kind of games but he's been pretty good lately so let's give him the benefit of the doubt as it's not a regular occurrance.

dominated them but we lack quality in attack. horrible, horrible performance by the ref and i dont understand how the FA can go on season after season with these inept performances from the refs. arsenal couldve easily won it though after hitting post, bar and missing another couple of chances. what worries me, apart from our poor attack, is that our defence looked very slow today. yes, arsenal are a fast attacking side and all but they way arshavin ran past cuellar and collins when rosicky hit the bar was not good defensive work.

Regarding Downing, he had an off day, that is all. He carried on trying and didnt hide from the ball. All players have those kind of games but he's been pretty good lately so let's give him the benefit of the doubt as it's not a reguler occurrance.

I think he's been below par in most games I've seen. Think we may have to wait til next season before we see the best of him, and I can't see him going to the World Cup.

Just got back from the game

1 word to sum it up.... Toothless

Havent scored now in 4 premier league matches, Gabby looks tired Heskey isnt prolific and Carew is injured so the question remains why oh why didnt Martin O'Neill sign a striker in the summer. Think of where we would be in the league if we had say darren bent's goals who was available.

Were never going to breach that top 4 untill we sign a striker capable of scoring a high number of goals a season, Gabby is great but not prolific and isnt that poacher or fox in the box that can turn on a sixpence and bury it in the corner of the net that instinctive kind of striker we always seem to lack. Also a cultured playmaker who can keep possession Petrov is costing us now i think he is a quality player when he has the energy but its quite obvious he needs a rest and is starting to flag alot the injury he's carry doesnt help. The defence is sorted we must now focus on attack

Good result and preformance, but the ref made it very frustrating. I know delph wasnt on for long but when he got it he seemed very confident and unfazed. Young and Gabby both played class but Gabby needs to start scoring again.

Ratings first:

Friedel - 8 - Controlled the back 4 excellently. Assured and experienced. Hope Guzan can emulate him.

Cuellar - 8 - Very, very good as a right-back. One of his best games for us, really getting his passing down and looking solid. Reminds me of Mellberg near the end.

Collins - 7 - Super, committed performance as always.

Dunne - 8 - 1 more than Collins because of that run at the end. Campbell did clip his heel.

Young - 7 - Quieter game at LB than he used to have. Still dedicated and committed to everything though.

Young - 9 - Was everywhere and scared the living shit out of them. Keep it up Ash but stay on your feet. Watch Arshavin.

Petrov - 8 - Great performance from the skipper. Didn't seem to tire too much. I think he's the best interceptor of the ball in the PL and is the heartbeat of the side.

Milner - 6.5 - Still very good but maybe a few wrong decisions where we had the advantage.

Downing - 5 - Shouldn't have played tonight. Was knackered right from the start. Still dangerous and it's good that he got in those positions to be able to miss the chances. Waiting for him to hit his Boro form and then we'll be shit-hot from the wings.

Heskey - 8.5 - Excellent control and hold-up play. At his Wigan best.

Agbonlahor - 10 - A lesson in how to hold-up the ball. Not one wasted piece of possession, beat every Arsenal defender to chases and used his strength excellently. We didn't manage to get him away enough but maybe was onside when clear.

Delph - 7 - When he came on I thought 'he's either going to win or lose this for us.'. When he gave away the free-kick I thought we'd lost it. But he looked lively but seemed instructed to sit deep and break up Arsenal's play, which he did well.

We had a good few chances and an another day would have put them away. I'd like us to be more direct and try and go through the centre a bit more. Commit defenders, force them to make a choice. I'd also like Stan to try a few from outside the box.

Finally, I'd like us to rest most of the first team before the CC final.

Watched the 90mins via a pretty good live stream - thought we showed plenty of endeavour and athleticism, but to be honest the few moments of real quality centred around Arsenal when we allowed them to attack us at pace and play short passes around the edge of our box - that said, they can do that to anybody. Obviously possession-wise, we were in front of L'Arse, but the lack of guile and a striker capable of making an intelligent run, meant we rarely looked like scoring........which is a shame as I felt that they were there for the taking, especially when Campbell came on.

By the way, Just to add.

It's easy to say "with a goalscorer, we would of won" sorta thing, however in this game, it's not as simple as that.

Arsenal have an extra man in midfield, so Heskey was needed to help defensively and also provide an option in play, meaning a goalscorer couldn't of played infront of Heskey or he'd of been useless really because would of been fairly deep.

Gabby stretched the Arsenal defence all day and without him again, we might not have had an outlet. He also was very unlucky in his early effort, that was a tough angle and he nearly sneaked it past Almunia.

The two strikers really worked well today but we just missed our chances when they came. Especially Downing who missed the chance of the season for me. A header from 3 yards. He has to be scoring.

really happy with the defence now, i go into every game confident they can give us a chance to win. richard dunne is a complete steal

however, the lack of goals is a serious worry. 4 games without a goal for a team chasing top 4 is unacceptable. despite the £40 odd million spent on the midfield we still dont create loads of chances, and upfront we have gabby who blows hot and cold, heskey who isnt a goalscorer and carew whos injured so any chances we do create often arent taken. we have only scored 29 goals this season!

we need a spark upfront, whether thats getting a striker in short term, giving fonz a go- he has to do something. it makes no sense that MON is willing to spend so much on other positions but doesnt see the need to get a top notch striker- something you need if you want to get champs league. hes spent more on full backs!

big game at fulham up next. really need a win there

Regarding Downing, he had an off day, that is all. He carried on trying and didnt hide from the ball. All players have those kind of games but he's been pretty good lately so let's give him the benefit of the doubt as it's not a reguler occurrance.

I think he's been below par in most games I've seen. Think we may have to wait til next season before we see the best of him, and I can't see him going to the World Cup.

He quite rightly got man of the match againgst west ham and thought he was pretty good in both games against Blackburn. Buticoncede that he has been abut up and down.

Very good game, we took it too them and we played well. Twice I thought we had scored, and what was wrong with the referee ???? The foul on Dunne how could he miss that? - really really strange.

BUT the best thing is that Ash is BACK - yes he is BACK in town and that will just be so good to see for the rest of the season. And Barry loosing a semifinal - oh what a shame. ......... NOT

I thought Heskey had a good game. We aren't scoring because the systems teams are playing against us. By playing the extra man in the middle means Heskey had to drop deep tonight, similar thing happened at West Ham. Gabby ran his socks off again, I'm not worried by this dry spell, we will start scoring.