• Cuellar
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delph (on for Heskey 78)

really proud of them after that. they played fantastically well, with real belief and to stop arsenal playing their usual game so well is not easy.

young mom - i've been critical of him for a while but tonight was vintage. maybe that goal against blackburn was what he needed.

only minus for me was downing. he is like the lion in the wizard of oz! he has great ability and looks classy on the ball but christ is he a lightweight.

Referee is a complete clearing in the woods

Downing should be ashamed that he missed that header

Despite great work rate and energy, lack of finishing is killing us.

BUY A STRIKER, MARTIN!

Well I'd like to start by mentioning pretty much the WORST refereeing display I've seen in a while. Decisions wrong, not booking players for repeated fouling.....absolutely atrocious.

As for the Villa, solid in defence, Cuellar still isn't a RB, the midfield did well, Ash especially, Downing looked knackered and Heskey was his usual toothless self. I did think it was ironic that normally, when we're getting walked all over I'm screaming "4-5-1" and MON generally does nothing. Today we were getting at them and I wanted us to stay 4-4-2 and MON went 4-5-1! I'd have liked to see Defouneso on for Heskey and Delph come on for Downing. Milner and Young out wide.

Never mind. Still feels like 2 points dropped to me, though.

My ratings (watched sporadically on that iraq goals thingie)

Friedel 6

L Young 6

Dunne 6

Collins 6

Cuellar 6

A Young 7

Petrov 6

Milner 6

Downing 5

Heskey 6

Gabby 6

Delph - not on long enough

Ref was crap.

Can't complain with a draw but the lack of goals is starting to piss me off.

Overall good performance, the only player who really let us down tonight was Downing. Again. It pains me to say it because I like him, but he missed an absolute sitter as well as another great chance, and his final ball was really sloppy at times. If he had put one away, we'd all be buzzing, saying how great we were. And rightly so.

Great game overall, end to end stuff. Yes we rode our luck second half but we dominated the first. We are such an excellent defensive unit, Collins and Cuellar made the odd error but Dunne was outstanding.

Downing should of scored, Young was back to his near best tonight, Clichy should of been sent off for two clear fouls, Denilson tried to break Heskey's legs. Dirty Arsenal side, saying that though Arshavin is one special player.

The referee was a joke, Dunne was clearly fouled no question, if the shoe was on the other foot it would have been a free kick. Case in point Delph winning the ball on the edge of the box, yet the referee gave a freekick. He really ruined an excellent game of football.

We've come a long way, to match a side like Arsenal for 90 minutes is some achievement we can count ourselves a little unfortunate but a draw is still a good result.

Bearing in mind the games to come would have taken a point before the game so not unhappy with a draw. I suspect the Arse felt the same.

Important thing is not to get cut off from our rivals during this tricky run of fixtures. Tonight was a decent start.

Before the match I said I'd take a draw and I think it's a decent result. We played some good footy, from what I saw (I'm at work). Ash definitely seemed to be in his element, as well as Heskey and Milner. Downing was certainly off the mark, and I'm not so sure Petrov shoulda started, he seemed like he couldn't be asked to put alot of effort in.

I didn't see the bad calls from the ref though, did we have a penalty shout?

Downing was poor, he looks mentally tired.

Cuellar was frustrating in an offensive sense but that's usually expected when he's right back.

The rest were pretty good. Not enough chances on the ground in the box but that is to be expected against the better teams. I would have liked to have seen Campbell tested more but it didn't.

We have to win at fulham or we are in a slump.