FAC: Palace a Travel & Social

limpid

Rather quiet on this game...

I'm am definitely going - however have never been to Selhurst and coming from Bournemouth - checked it all out and doesn't look to bad.

Many others going? If so any good places to drink?

myself and my mate also coming from bournemouth! looking for a good boozer to go to myself...wetherspoons at thornton heath seems to be a good bet

Could anyone please offer train fare advice – travelling from Stafford to Crystal Palace. I live in Stafford and want to travel to this fixture. Limited searching – i.e. the trainline.com – suggests I will have to folk out £50 for my Stafford to Euston return. Advice on trains and prices (i.e. savings) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try looking for singles excluding an underground ticket (think you would by a TravelCard Zone 4). You might get some advanced single prices.

When I checked yesterday, I would have saved approximately £12 which considering the student card discount also, was quite good.

Having just looked, I noticed a reduced single fare of £9 although I am not sure when you want to travel. There was also a £13 single for the return leg although both times would mean you would be rushing, especially the return. All I could advise is to keep looking, they have a habbit of changing prices.

For anyone travelling from the East Midlands (Nottingham, Leicester etc) to St Pancras, to London Victoria and then on the Southern service to Selhurst, there is a saving of approximately £12 by booking singles and probably more if you don't have a natwest student railcard. This includes London Underground.

I looked on Google maps and while Thornton Heath and Norwood Junction are roughly the same distance from the ground, Thornton Heath isn't as far along the line as Norwood Junction and it's nearer to the car park where we need to collect the tickets.