PL: Arsenal h Match Thread 2010/01/27 19:45

limpid

we will lose 3 or 4 nil imo

We're having one of our best seasons for a long time, our opponents have just lost 3-1 to Stoke in the cup and we've lost 3 of our last 15 league games and we get predictions like this. :shock:

Ahh it's Richard so acceptable. :winkold:

I thought it was acceptable because it was an opinion expressed honestly?

I think it would be acceptable if anyone expressed that opinion actually.

Have a go yourself and see if it's accepted. Or are only positive predictions acceptable?

When was the last time we lost a home game 3 or 4 nil? I don't think we lost a home game by that score when we were utter shite under O'Leary so dosen't make sense to me given our status in the league.

And you're saying we'll lose by that margin to a team who've just lost a cup tie 3-1 at Stoke.

Evening all

Seems like Niklas Bendtner will be in the squad after a 3 month layoff and Nasri is back after a couple of weeks on the sidelines.

Diaby is out.Song will 99% be out as well.

The other 5 or so players are also out !!!

And you're saying we'll lose by that margin to a team who've just lost a cup tie 3-1 at Stoke

No I am saying I think we will lose by that margin to a team that will be vastly different to the team that played at Stoke which by all accounts was under strength.

Reasons for that:

1. we have scored 1 league goal in the last 4 games, against Stoke. Failed to score against Arsenal away, and failed to break down the mighty West Ham defence. So I think a prediction of nil for our score is fair enough against Arsenal's defence at our place.

2. Now the 3 or 4 that I think Arsenal will score seem to be causing you the problem. On that all I can tell you is I just think they pose better attacking threat than our degfensive capability, evidenced by the 3 goals conceeded at emirates.

Now you disagree with my prediction thats fair enough I do not have an issue with that.

----------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar--Collins--Dunne--L.Young

A.Young--Milner-Sidwell--Downing

---------Gabby---Heskey----------

That's assuming Petrov isn't passed fit before the game, no doubts it will be tough but Villa under O'Neill have usually handled Arsenal pretty well and we were only undone in December by a freakishly good Fabregas performance. I'll going for a draw.

we will lose 3 or 4 nil imo

We're having one of our best seasons for a long time, our opponents have just lost 3-1 to Stoke in the cup and we've lost 3 of our last 15 league games and we get predictions like this. :shock:

Ahh it's Richard so acceptable. :winkold:

I thought it was acceptable because it was an opinion expressed honestly?

I think it would be acceptable if anyone expressed that opinion actually.

Have a go yourself and see if it's accepted. Or are only positive predictions acceptable?

When was the last time we lost a home game 3 or 4 nil? I don't think we lost a home game by that score when we were utter shite under O'Leary so dosen't make sense to me given our status in the league.

And you're saying we'll lose by that margin to a team who've just lost a cup tie 3-1 at Stoke.

Given that we lost 3-0 to them four weeks ago and it could have been 7 or 8 I don't think this is that outrageous!

In that game, Fabregas only played 27 mins I think but will probably start tomorrow night. Having said that I think they will miss Diaby and Song.

I think we can beat them but will need to match their three in midfield to do so and press them like we did at their place last year. To quote the arsenal view from the Arsenal News Review site:

"If Aston Villa win, they'll do it by scoring from set-pieces. If Arsenal win, they'll do it with goals from Vermaelen and Fabregas.

Villa's main quality is organisation, Arsenal's main quality is skill.

The best way to beat Arsenal is to play like Fulham but Aston Villa can't play that way and won't play that way.

They won't play a high back line and press. They'll defend deep and let Arsenal establish a rhythm and let them have the ball in wide areas."

I personally agree with this view BUT I think we could play this way but MON doesn't like to.

I don't know what to think about this game. A part of me thinks we're destined to lose, going by the last game against Arsenal and our recent poor league run, but on the other hand I think we may be in for a chance. We're at home and still on a high from last Wednesday night. I think it'll either be a draw or a close Villa win.

Also, Friedel will be in goal so I don't think we'll let in as many as we did in the cups, if any.

Looks like we could be missing:

Carew

NRC

Albrighton

Warnock

Petrov

Dunne (nothing on os though, so should be fine)

Marlon!

May need to bring in the likes of L Young (at last) Beye, Delph, Sidders or even recall Shorey?

Of those though it looks as though just Warnock will be the only change from Blackburn meaning Cuellar continuing as RB :( but L Young back in the side :D

Must win game and i agree with 4-5-1 but you know Mon he wont change it and we will prolly loose 2/3-0 again.

Again?

We have lost one game 2-0 (to Wigan) and one game 3-0 (to Arsenal).

You make out as if it is a regular occurence that we are getting hammered.