PL: Arsenal h Match Thread 2010/01/27 19:45

limpid

I really hope we do not play Cuellar at rb. Be interesting to see if MON puts an extra in the midfield to stop Fabregas. Assuming Warnock and NRC are out i'd play:

Friedel

Beye - Cuellar - Dunne - L.Young

Petrov (the fabregas ankle hacker position)

Downing - Milner - Delph - A. Young

Gabby

But expect to see Heskey playing instead of delph

Arsenal fan says lots of injuries then proceeds to list a more or less full strength eleven bar van persie and song. Aye, massive injury list that...

I got a very similar thing from a Man Citeh fan the other week - he was genuinley chuffed that his "depleated" team had overcome Stoke at home. When I asked, "how can Man City ever have a depleated team" he told me they had no strikers - which promted me to ask "who started up front then.." to which he replied in all sincerity......

... (you'll love this)

"Tevez and Robinho" :shock:

we will lose 3 or 4 nil imo

We're having one of our best seasons for a long time, our opponents have just lost 3-1 to Stoke in the cup and we've lost 3 of our last 15 league games and we get predictions like this. :shock:

Ahh it's Richard so acceptable. :winkold:

I thought it was acceptable because it was an opinion expressed honestly?

I think it would be acceptable if anyone expressed that opinion actually.

Have a go yourself and see if it's accepted. Or are only positive predictions acceptable?

Beye was good. Strangely he started at cb but was effective when moved to rb. Warnock didn't play well I thought and did a few strange things.

On this evidence Beye would be my choice over Cuellar at rb, if young is shifted to the left side. He's a solid player and probably better than how a lot of people rate him on here. We've had a hell of a lot worse over the years at rb.

Not sure about Beye vs Arshavin, but Cuellar vs Arshavin would be a no match imo

Good points - cheers tommo.

I agree he is better than what we have had recently but i still get a feeling like he's a bit unsure of what to do sometimes. Looks like injuries might force this back four line up if Dunne and Warnock have picked up knocks.

Im predicting either 1-1 or 2-1 with young getting a goal. He's become a lot more confident recently and is looking back to form. MON should get them worked up as well - getting them to remember the away defeat in December!

I got a very similar thing from a Man Citeh fan the other week - he was genuinley chuffed that his "depleated" team had overcome Stoke at home. When I asked, "how can Man City ever have a depleated team" he told me they had no strikers - which promted me to ask "who started up front then.." to which he replied in all sincerity......

... (you'll love this)

"Tevez and Robinho" :shock:

:clap:

Nasri

Van Persie

Gibbs

Djourou

Bendtner

Diaby

Song

Eboue

Yeah these players will all likely miss the game.That's no small joke and contains at least 3 certain starters.

We've been depleted because

Van Persie is out till april while bendtner got injured at the same time and has been out since mid november.Eduardo has just come into an injury free state and is still not 100 percent.Rosicky can't play much and is getting to his groove missing more than 18 months of football.Nasri was out for 2 months and is injured again.Denlison was out for a long time period.Arshavin has been playing injured while gallas and vermaelen have played every minute of every league game are barely getting rested.Then you have Walcott who has made a few games as a sub and generally been injured.Clichy was out for around 2-3 months while gibbs was also for the same time and then we heard he will not play till august 2010.Djourou is in a period out for 8 months and will probably be back in april.Arshavin has been playing injured for 5 weeks now.Even the kids who come after all these players such as merida and wilshere are doubtful for the game.

Anyone heard anything on a Richard Dunne hamstring injury? Just making my Fantasy Team changes and it says he is doubtful.

:huh:

That was first time i read about it as well. We need him if we are to win.

I think it has 0-0 all over it

Nasri

Van Persie

Gibbs

Djourou

Bendtner

Diaby

Song

Eboue

Yeah these players will all likely miss the game.That's no small joke and contains at least 3 certain starters.

We've been depleted because

Van Persie is out till april while bendtner got injured at the same time and has been out since mid november.Eduardo has just come into an injury free state and is still not 100 percent.Rosicky can't play much and is getting to his groove missing more than 18 months of football.Nasri was out for 2 months and is injured again.Denlison was out for a long time period.Arshavin has been playing injured while gallas and vermaelen have played every minute of every league game are barely getting rested.Then you have Walcott who has made a few games as a sub and generally been injured.Clichy was out for around 2-3 months while gibbs was also for the same time and then we heard he will not play till august 2010.Djourou is in a period out for 8 months and will probably be back in april.Arshavin has been playing injured for 5 weeks now.Even the kids who come after all these players such as merida and wilshere are doubtful for the game.

Yet you still beat us 3-0 a few weeks ago. and are currently 2 points off top place with a game in hand - so I wouldnt be so worried if I was you.