• Sidwell
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Delfouneso
    • Milner (for Albrighton 13)
    • Davies (for Warnock 50)

Thanks Slovenian.

Delfouneso has a knack of scoring goals doesn't he? What was his all around performance like?

I can't help but feel this guy is going to be a great player.

As someone else said, he drifted in and out of the game a little but showed some classy touches and competed well in the air too.

Holds the ball up pretty well and you just sense he will always score goals.

3-2 sounded close, but in reality, it wasn't. We were always in control and I never felt uncomfortable (and so did the crowd as it was a typical "after the lord mayors show" atmosphere.

Two me, two huge plus points, two huge negative points.

1st (and we do have to remember this was Brighton)

Delph - looked absolute quality. I watched him and I thought, give it 5 yrs and this guy could be NRC and Gareth Barry roled into one - he seems to have it all - just a case of blooding him gently.

Delfonouso - he's a goalscorer !, there is no question about it. He tired, but again, in 3 yrs, I can see Gabby and Fonz being one of the strongest forward lines in the prem. He is that "fox in the box" we need, he is just two years too young.

Minuses

Guzan - sorry, he can't start in the final - at the moment he is a Carson double. He is hesitant, and that leads to panic by the defence (who-ever it is) and usually goals. I like him, he will get better, but you can't risk him in the final, it would be suicide.

Sidwel. Now, I've NEVER gave Sidwell stick because, even up to Saturday, I thought "He is a quality player, he will come good" - but even I can see, he isn't going to is he. He was no better that a league one player on Saturday, his first touch was woeful, and throughout his Villa career, how many chances has he spurned.

I liked him, I was glad we signed him. But it hasn't worked and we should just cash in, in the summer.

But overall, easy day, 5th round, should beat palace or dingles, I'm happy with that

Thanks Slovenian.

Delfouneso has a knack of scoring goals doesn't he? What was his all around performance like?

I can't help but feel this guy is going to be a great player.

As someone else said, he drifted in and out of the game a little but showed some classy touches and competed well in the air too.

Holds the ball up pretty well and you just sense he will always score goals.

in my opinion, i think he'd have posed a much bigger threat, had he not been playing as a lone striker for much of the game.

Oh and to be fair Pauladnonya, His shot was blocked off the line by Delfouneso! He couldn't of done much more!

I actually thought he played better in the second half playing as a holding midfielder and getting stuck into people and keeping it simple. First half he was poor but so was everyone,.