3 centre backs into 2

Tubby

Which partnership would you choose if we played a natural back 4?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which partnership would you choose if we played a natural back 4?

• A: Dunne and Cuellar
    • B: Dunne and Collins
    • C: Cuellar and Collins

Last night again we saw that playing a centre back at right back can cause issues for the team. Carlos was well out of position for their first and left for dead for their second, and with a top quality right back sat on the bench you could argue that playing him there was a mistake.

I like Carlos, he has had a great season at centre back and in my opinion he shouldn't be forced to play right back just to get in the team. The problem is that we have another 2 very good centre backs in Collins and Dunne, with arguably the latter being the signing of the season.

MON insists on trying to squeeze these three in at the back but I would argue it's not always for the good of the team.

My question is, which partnership would you choose if we played a natural back 4?

A: Dunne and Cuellar

B: Dunne and Collins

C: Cuellar and Collins

Edit: Personally I'd choose Dunne and Cuellar as they have earned their place this season. Not that Collins hasn't but with his injuries the other 2 have become more established in my opinion.

Dunne and Cuellar were immense together. I like Collins, i was a bit dubious when we signed him but he's been class. However i wouldn't ruin our shape to fit him in.

Cuellar should NOT be playing at Right Back. Not with Young on the bench AND Beye.

I'd say Dunne and Cuellar at the moment as well. Collins has been brilliant as well so would have no big concerns about him stepping in for one of the other two. The one thing I did notice about him against West Ham was that he was a bit susceptible to being caught on the turn. Nouble did him a couple of times which could have left us exposed. All in all we are pretty well blessed in that area at the moment though, especially with Davies coming back as well.

Cuellar has played RB recently for one reason and one reason only - to counter Blackburn's height and their threat from set pieces

Normal service will now be resumed

As for my preferred partnership - Dunne and Cuellar

Although Collins performances earlier this season were immense

Cuellar has played RB recently for one reason and one reason only - to counter Blackburn's height and their threat from set pieces

This is MON we are talking about, sqaure pegs, round holes!

Dunne and Cuellar for me too.

And me.

Collins has been brilliant, but Dunne and Cuellar just shade it for me, and I'd much rather have Young at RB. We now have 2 right backs at the club and still we play a CB there, mainly I think just to have the extra centre half for set pieces, defending and attacking.

As for my preferred partnership - Dunne and Cuellar

Although Collins performances earlier this season were immense

I wouldn`t be so sure, what about Sunday?

It has to be Cuellar and Dunne for me, they did really well together. Young has to play rb, hes by far our best player there. Collins has done pretty well but hasn`t been quite as good since he came back from his injury imo.

i doubt it - he played the same team against West Ham, he's trying to fit all 3 in, and to the detriment of the unit

Dunne & Cuellar for me, Collins looked a tad suspect on at least one of the goals last night, being pulled out of position for Blackburns second.

Dunne and Collins but not at the moment. Collins has looked a little unsure of himself. At the moment Dunne and Cuéllar.

I love Carlos as a central defender. Collins impressed me right from his Villa debut until his injury. Dunne I wasn't 100% sure about but it has slowly become obvious that the guy is a jewel, almost irreplaceable.

Ok then, Collins and Cuéllar just to give Dunne a rest. Blimey, with Davies on the way back and Clark around we have no problems at all in the centre of the defence do we?

Although Davies and Cuéllar together I can live without.

Guest Ricardomeister

Collins would be very unlucky to lose his place but we have to play Luke at right back as Carlos' distribution is shocking. Carlos has been excellent at centre back so it has to be Carlos and Dunne for me.

Collins and Davies for me , but maybe after we eek out one more season from Dunne

but if we talk about the present then Dunne & Cuellar as Collins seems to have not fully recovered from his injury yet ...

Â