Jimmy Milner - the new Steven Gerard?

barry'sboots

Can Jimmy be as good or better than Stevie G?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Can Jimmy be as good or better than Stevie G?

• No, he still has a lot to do to even be compared
    • Yes, he has the potential to be as good as Gerrard

I don't think they're at all similar. I said a while ago I expect Jimmy will ultimately be the England captain for some years. He really reminds me of Bryan Robson: physical, strong, great engine. Perfect all-round midfield player. Gerrard is a great forward midfielder in his own right though.

As good as Gerrard allready IMO.

Yeah right :lol:

We would have had very different results against Arsenal and Liverpool if it was Gerrard running the midfield in those games instead of Milner.

Milner has been great in the middle against weaker teams but has not been able to take control of a game against top opposition yet.

Lets hope that develops.

It's only a matter of time before one of 'the top four' try and take him away from us, class player!

J.M. is a very good player, BUT he`s got a fair way to go to be compared with Steeevie G (IMO).

& yes i agree, its only a matter of time before someone comes in for him :cry:

Gerrard is easily a better player IMO, although Milly is catching him up.

Milly's big advantage over Gerrard is that he's got a far better engine. He can run box to box all day, which Stevie G cannot.

Milner is a super player, but it is way too soon to make a comparison like this. Gerrard has won a Champions League final where he was the catalist for the revival, he has won an FA Cup on one leg and has been an inspiration for most of Liverpools high's over the last decade. His form has dipped of late moslty due to injury, but when he can get on the pitch he is still a level above most midfielders in the country.

I love Milner to bits, but he will have to dominate a few very big games to be put in the same bracket as Gerrard. It seems to me that we seem to be under rating what Gerrard has achieved over the years. Milner has only played a few games in the middle, let's see how he copes when the opposition decide he is our main threat through the middle and man mark him or even just observe him for a bit and simply work out how to play him. For me there is still too far to go and too much to achieve to say that he will ever be as good as much as I hope he will be.

James Milner is our best player by a mile in my opinion, he always wants the ball, he’s creative, a good passer and can deliver. I dont think it’ll long before some of Europes big clubs are asking about him. If I was Sir Alex I’d be already finding a buyer for Nani, Park etc so fund a move for Milner. Hope thats not the case though!

Milner is more consistent - but not as spectlar - He also doesn't moan as much as gerrard.

The combined moaning might of Edna Birch, Dot Cotton and the late great Blanche Hunt wouldn't be a match for Gerrard although a few posters on here would give him a run for his money.

At the moment Milner is no where in Gerrards league. Gerrard is one of the best in the world.

I have no doubt Milner has great potential but he has a lot of learning to go before he can be put into the Gerrard league.

Gerrard has constantly scored 15+ goals a season and dominated HUGE matches.

Â