b6bloke

Tranmere or Blackburn?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Tranmere or Blackburn?

• Tranmere I saw both this and Blackburn
    • Blackburn I Saw both this and Tranmere
    • Blackburn I didnt see Tranmere
    • Tranmere I didn't see Blackburn

Last night wasn't really that tense. At 2-0 down I was angry, at 2-1 I knew we had extra time if needed to get another, I suppose for the penalty but thats it, once that was in it was never really in doubt, Rovers 2 second half goals were too little too late. The second half was just a party

Watched Tranmere on the box - had no nails left, the last gasper that forced ET then the Tranmere FK that hit the post and then the shootout that swinged several times. For high drama, that game wins. Yesterday, only the first 30 minutes were tense, because we were bloody awful.

As for Tranmere, still got the video as its the only way to get the highlights for every round.

Got to be Tranmere of the 2, but the best was against Man Utd in 1970,

they were the best side in Europe and we were in Division 3, came back

from 1-0 down to win 2-1 in front of 65,000 fans, 28,500 on the Holte

End, the noise eclipsed anything i have heard at VP since.The next day

was Xmas eve, what an early present.

Blackburn because it was yesterday...

I am 35, and I was at Uni for the Tranmere games. I was suicidal after listening to the latter stages of the 1st leg game on the radio and even the late goal to make it 3-1 was for me, too little too late. I watched the 2nd leg in my digs from behind a cushion. All that was missing from that day was a fast screw to calm me back down again.

Tranmere for me. Im 37. Still the best game Ive seen at Villa Park in terms of drama and atmosphere. Last night was entertaining for sure but didnt feel like it was in the balance right until the last kick like Tranmere was. The Tranmere game would go down as the best match Ive had on the old Holte. Felt at times like it was going to take off, the atmopshere had to be sampled to be believed.

What he said, same age too spookily!

We always had another gear last night after it went 2-2, whereas Tranmere made feel sick all the way to the last kick/save.

Would like to see the whole Tranmere game again, felt loud last night but having watched over on iplayer it doesn't come across quite as well, but still in the ground it felt like a good atmosphere.

Plus we won and we're going to Wembley so who cares!!!

I went to the Tranmere game and that was amazing, the tension, the noise of the crowd.... everything.

I remember my mate getting up and walking to the exit, with me shouting him to "stay till the **** end you knob, and cheer the team at the end"..... he walked up the steps of the trinity i saw him disappear and then we scored and he came running back quicker than Linford Christie....

Couldn't watch Tranmere here in Sweden so I have to go with Blackburn though the Tranmere game seems like a really classic one. If we win the cup this year then maybe the Blackburn game will be seen as a classic too in the future. But just maybe.

Not even close, Tranmere all the way. For as long as I live I will never forget Dalian Atkinsons mazy run into the box, in the last couple of minutes of injury time, willing him to score so we didn't have to face the potential agony of the penalty shootout. No matter- Bosnich the hero.

Blackburn was great but the Tranmere game was so utterly immense it was not just a match it was a complete rollercoaster of emotions.

As someone stated earler, you still felt we were in the Blackburn game even when 2-0 down, and as soon as we went 2-2 it was inevitable. Yes there were twists but they were like Welsh hills to the Himilayas of Tranmere.

I turned 40 on the day we knocked 6 goals past Blackburn!

Â