LC: Final vs Man Utd Travel

limpid

I've done a few combinations and the best I can come up with is 39 quid for two adults on Chiltern and that's with a young person's railcard thrown in. Does that sound right or are there cheaper deals on there?

Thats about right, i'm looking to book with Chiltern too, £39.00 for two adults, return, no railcard though, just standard price.

Why do they all say 'Ticket only valid on services via High Wycombe'?

Because the faster trains from New st don't go through Wycombe whereas the chiltern do. Price restrictions.

we have got a limo booked 20 quid each with a stripper in there. my mate works for a limo hire company(not sure of name) so he got 50% discount. absolute bargain. the stripper better be a darlingl lol

Haha quality any free spaces :D Goin up 4 weekend as my bday is in the same week lol. So far travel is costing £30 open return from Birmingham, ticket and spending money unknown but best 4 star hotel 4 2 nites sharing with a m8 £95 each:D x

I've done a few combinations and the best I can come up with is 39 quid for two adults on Chiltern and that's with a young person's railcard thrown in. Does that sound right or are there cheaper deals on there?

Thats about right, i'm looking to book with Chiltern too, £39.00 for two adults, return, no railcard though, just standard price.

Why do they all say 'Ticket only valid on services via High Wycombe'?

Because the faster trains from New st don't go through Wycombe whereas the chiltern do. Price restrictions.

Thanks mate, so you can only buy that ticket if you're departing from Moor Street/Snow Hill?

When you book online you have to specify a time to leave Moor Street and leave Wembley Stadium. Departure from Moor Street isn't a problem, but getting back, can't you have an open ended ticket? The stations going to be rammed after the game!

Can you get any trains from New Street to Wembley Stadium do you know?

Sorry, I'm asking you questions as if you work in the ticket office, open to anyone thats booked a train with Chiltern I suppose :)

Not direct I believe. Moor St-Marlybone, Wembley is on that line I believe whereas the New St line runs to Euston which Wembley isnt on.

Is the ticket an advance? I.e do you have seat reservations and the ticket is in 2 parts, both need to be present? That will mean it's an advance and you have to go on the specified train. If it's a standard return (which for the price you've mentioned it sounds like it is) you can get any train you want, providing it's on the same day and on the same line.

mine for the chiltern trains are specific train times

i have been to a couple of england games (friendlies that didnt sell out - about 70k) and it has still been a nightmare getting away from wembley so i wouldnt risk booking a return journey before say 1900 hours on the sunday night

I've been using this http://www.buytickets.chilternrailways.co.uk/ticketmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

Looking at the super off peak return £39, but i'd like an open ended ticket if possible!

I'll say again. A super Off Peak Return is valid at ANYTIME on the Saturday or Sunday. This is a FACT. I have just looked again and the cheapest return on Sunday with Chiltern is £19.50. You have to leave from Snow Hill and Marylebone but you can get whatever train you want as it is a weekend and all tickets are valid as someone said earlier in the thread.

This will work best for people who are travelling over the weekend only. If you are travelling back on the Monday then you'll have to get the specific trains.

If you get the 8:40 from Snow Hill then you can be at Wembley Station by 11:05 :D

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-fares/ Under Off Peak.

thats wot i am on!!! gonna be **** by the time the game kicks off lol

for 94 and 96 i was on a coach that stopped in enfield i think, and the semi-final in 2000 i was in the postman, but for the final that was chelsea, so we had to have a few cans outside, anyone know if theres gonna be a definate villa pub for the final

I would be amazed if on your way out of Wembley after the game you had your tickets checked. Certainly if you booked an advanced and were perhaps a bit late, i'm certain they would let you off. But as I say, it is normally so busy you don't get your tickets checked/ if they are they are leniant on time, although obvously there would be nothing to stop them giving you a fine.

The faster Virgin trains from new street don't stop at Wembley itself. Your best and cheapest bet if you wanted that would be to go as far as Watjord Junction and then get the overground in to Wembley as this avoids the additional few quid of going through central London.

I've been using this http://www.buytickets.chilternrailways.co.uk/ticketmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

Looking at the super off peak return £39, but i'd like an open ended ticket if possible!

I'll say again. A super Off Peak Return is valid at ANYTIME on the Saturday or Sunday. This is a FACT. I have just looked again and the cheapest return on Sunday with Chiltern is £19.50. You have to leave from Snow Hill and Marylebone but you can get whatever train you want as it is a weekend and all tickets are valid as someone said earlier in the thread.

This will work best for people who are travelling over the weekend only. If you are travelling back on the Monday then you'll have to get the specific trains.

If you get the 8:40 from Snow Hill then you can be at Wembley Station by 11:05 :D

Looking at the details the super off-peak return is from Snow Hill, change at Gerards Cross and straight into Wembley Stadium. That will be my travel arrangements organised then.

Does anyone know when any official club travel is announced?

Looking at the details the super off-peak return is from Snow Hill, change at Gerards Cross and straight into Wembley Stadium. That will be my travel arrangements organised then.

Think we are getting the 10:40 from snow hill and the 7:45 from wembley not bad for £19.50 return, saves the hassle of driving and finding a place to park

Does anyone have any info on cheap hotels close to Wembley?

I've looked up Formule 1, which I've used in Paris, but their two in London are miles away.

we managed to get a premier inn for £39 per room, booked 4 rooms for the crowd of us that will be goin!!

Cheers Dean.

Found this site which might be useful for others Booking.Com

The link is set for Wembley stadium :D

Well I'm sorted now. Travel by Megabus for £6.00 return and two nights in Ealing is setting me back £65 including a buffet breakfast. You can't grumble at that.

Think we are getting the 10:40 from snow hill and the 7:45 from wembley not bad for £19.50 return, saves the hassle of driving and finding a place to park

It is ok to travel anytime on monday with the £19.50 super off peak on the chiltern line as long as you travel after 11:30 - 15:00 i think. I hvae got this train a few times as some of my family live just outside and have travelled between these times on a Monday and a Friday and only paid £19.50 whenever i have travelled