LC: Final vs Man Utd Travel

limpid

Chiltern Railway: B'ham (Snow Hill or Moor Street >> Marylebone)

Super Off Peak RTN - Circa £21

As its weekend it classes as off peak so you are not restricted to any strict times. You may have to gte into London anytime after 1.30pm but thats fine (if you go on the saturday) then you can come back anytime you wnat. The ticket is also valid for a month so you can return home anytime within a month.

If we win the cup I may well spend the next few weeks celebrating in London!! :lol:

Can't believe there's not more people catching on to this! If you go on Sunday then it's currently £19 return. Leave anytime, come back anytime!! £12 with a railcard. It's £23 if you want London travel included. London Marylebone is on the same line as Wembley Underground and takes about 20 mins. However, the main line takes about 8 minutes and I'm guessing they'd have them running every 20 minutes on the Sunday.

is it beyond foolish to consider driving down? I know already it would be an almost certain nightmare tryin to find somewhere to park but has anyone on here tried it before?

When I went in 2000 we parked on a Tescos about 2 miles from Wembley and walked the rest of the way

There's a few England regulars like Drat who'd advise you on parking. Maybe park somewhere like Wycombe and get a train in?
Stanmore - jct 4 of the M1 - good parking get the Jubilee line about 4 /5 stops straight to Wembley. At weekends the parking at the tube is usually a quid

As for pubs near Wembley - a old favourite of Villa fans has to be the Greyhound

is it beyond foolish to consider driving down? I know already it would be an almost certain nightmare tryin to find somewhere to park but has anyone on here tried it before?

When I went in 2000 we parked on a Tescos about 2 miles from Wembley and walked the rest of the way

Went last year for the championship play off, parked at Hillingdon station, just off the end of the M40, very easy to find and took the tube in. Downsides are it was used by more Burnley than Sheffield (to be expected) so expect a few Mancs to do this, it was popular and the car park was nearly full when we got there just after 11.

Some people mentioned a site called parkatmyhouse where people rent you a space on their drive can't recommend it myself as i never tried it.

Wish I could be going, but can't get a flight back in time for work. Hope everyone has a fantastic time

Chiltern Railway: B'ham (Snow Hill or Moor Street >> Marylebone)

Super Off Peak RTN - Circa £21

As its weekend it classes as off peak so you are not restricted to any strict times. You may have to gte into London anytime after 1.30pm but thats fine (if you go on the saturday) then you can come back anytime you wnat. The ticket is also valid for a month so you can return home anytime within a month.

If we win the cup I may well spend the next few weeks celebrating in London!! :lol:

Can't believe there's not more people catching on to this! If you go on Sunday then it's currently £19 return. Leave anytime, come back anytime!! £12 with a railcard. It's £23 if you want London travel included. London Marylebone is on the same line as Wembley Underground and takes about 20 mins. However, the main line takes about 8 minutes and I'm guessing they'd have them running every 20 minutes on the Sunday.

Where on the website is this?

Megabus - B'ham to London - Saturday 2pm - £3

MegaTRAIN!!! London to B'ham - Monday 12pm - £1

booking fee - 50p

£4.50 return, thank you very much!

There you go, everyone take my advice and get a return to London for less than a fiver..

Btw, we are on the same coach as you on the Saturday then, ours leaves at 2.

just booked 4 train tickets on chiltern £19.50 each bang on

goin on the sunday from snow hill at 08:40 return on the monday 12:20

session in el

Where did you find that mate?

on chilterns website mate

i looked y'day for four adults and it said £78. like a retard i assumed that meant per person so i didnt book

i only realised today that it was between us, so i just booked it. Mite cheeap cus it was 2 for the price of 1 tho, cus i booked in the summer to watch rangers in the emirates tournament, and it was the same price for 1 as it was for 2

I've done a few combinations and the best I can come up with is 39 quid for two adults on Chiltern and that's with a young person's railcard thrown in. Does that sound right or are there cheaper deals on there?

Thats about right, i'm looking to book with Chiltern too, £39.00 for two adults, return, no railcard though, just standard price.

Why do they all say 'Ticket only valid on services via High Wycombe'?

Megabus - B'ham to London - Saturday 2pm - £3

MegaTRAIN!!! London to B'ham - Monday 12pm - £1

booking fee - 50p

£4.50 return, thank you very much!

There you go, everyone take my advice and get a return to London for less than a fiver..

Btw, we are on the same coach as you on the Saturday then, ours leaves at 2.

Exactly! Can't go wrong with cheap as cheaps transport!

In the ironic small world that we live in, your signature quote is one of my good mates! That can be the convo starter on the coach down!