LC: Final vs Man Utd Match Thread 2010/02/28 15:00

limpid

Can't see the kick off being 3PM as the sky programme for this starts at 2.45PM. More likely a 4PM kick off ??

Pretty sure it is 3pm Sky aren't as arsed by this as they don't have the sole right, think BBC will be showing it too, would say most build up coverage if any will be on there.

Can't see the kick off being 3PM as the sky programme for this starts at 2.45PM. More likely a 4PM kick off ??

Pretty sure it is 3pm Sky aren't as arsed by this as they don't have the sole right, think BBC will be showing it too, would say most build up coverage if any will be on there.

You might be right mate, though it would be strange to have just a 15 min build up for a final and yet they have at least 30 mins for most league games, if not more.

You might be right mate, though it would be strange to have just a 15 min build up for a final and yet they have at least 30 mins for most league games, if not more.

There may well be a 12.30 or 1pm ko that they're showing this day too, so they sometimes have these short gaps between. In fact the week before we play Burnley at 2 and for this reason the 4pm ko is moved to 415!

Don't despair Corleone, we beat them in '94 when their team's front 6 players were Giggs, Ince, Keane, Kanchelskis, Hughes & Cantona!

Our win denied them the treble that day. If ever there was a way to inspire our current crop of players to beat Man Utd in a final, they should be shown the DVD of that game, if only to show that Man Utd are not so invincible!

Personally, I don't care who we get as I think we will beat either of the Manc team's. I suppose it depends on how you look at it. If we get City it means we may have the opportunity to sing "you should have stayed at a big club" to our former captain. If we play Utd it means we will get to wat ch about 100 minutes of football instead of 93!

Come on you Villa boy's! :D

We've have to play man u in a cup at some point this season and this is the only chance!

Last seasons final kicked off at 4pm.

Last Season definitely kicked off at 3pm. It was the same time and day we played Stoke at home. Trust me, I remember it :evil:

Don't mention that game against Stoke:@ it was probably most veked I have got a Villa game. 3pm I hope so can celebrate in London overnight as staying in 4 star hotel lol. Prefer City via Barry but either will do:)

BARRY BARRY WHO?

BARRY BARRY WHO?

YESS!! Get in! Tonight was the best possible outcome from tonights second Semi-Final!

We now go into the final with absolutely no pressure whatsoever, agaist a team who will always be favourites, but who won their most crucial match tonight. There will be no shame in losing to United, but I couldn't have taken losing to City what with that judas word removed plodding up the famous steps!

Instead he'll be watching at home as Dunny & Co lift the Cup wishing he'd stayed at a big club! :D

I don't fancy our chances TBH.

I know we were underdogs in 1994, but we had a world class defender and a world class striker (McGrath and Yorke). Now we have neither.

:(

What the feck are you on about, Yorke didn't even play in 1994, it was Deano and Dalian upfront!

The way I look at it.

You can go to Wembley , be tense and worried, win , and you have a good day.

You can go to Wembley , tense and worried, lose, and you've had a shit day.

You can go to Wembley, and just enjoy the day, and worry about whether you've won or lost afterwards.

And I.m taking the third option !!!

If we win, we win, if we lose , we lose - but I'm gonna have a bloody good weekend out of it !!.

For the Bolton and Chelsea game we went to a Weatherspoons in Harrow on the Hill (2 tube stops from Wembley) it was a great atmosphere - probably do the same - anyone else go there ?

Put it this way: If we'd have got City, then I would have been worried sick about the result because City wanted the Cup win far more than United, and I just couldn't face watching Barry win it infront of us. That would have been a horrific scenario and even before the game, it would have affected my enjoyment of the day.

Now we have United, the pressure is completely off. We're underdogs, playing the best team in the world, but one that we CAN beat. It is set up perfectly for another Cup upset like 1994, but even if we do lose, it will have been a brilliant effort by the lads and their is no shame in losing to United.