FAC: Brighton h Match Thread 2010/01/23 15:00

limpid

It'll be good to see the younger players get their chance but it's also a risk to play a team not entirely used to each other.

Hopefully the likes of Sidwell will take the lead and should dominate against a team like Brighton. (All due respect to them of course)

MON"]We have one or two younger players around who did wonderfully well for us in pre-season against real top-quality opposition in the Peace Cup. They are desperate for a chance."

That'll be Albrighton starting then.

Yep Albrighton

My money is still on Lowry, playing at left-back and Warnock rested.

You heard it from me first!

Though Clark and Lichaj are also likely.

If it's true about Beye and the bid has been accepted, doubt we'll see him in the starting line-up.

I wouldn't normally miss a home game but just can't get excited about this game - even for a tenner. Personally, I am getting slightly fed up of MON's predictability and failure to try things when things are not working and a change is required. I can see this game being fairly turgid - I hope I am proved wrong!

If Coker is unfit and he is going to rest Stan I can't begin to imagine what side he will put out as I don't see us having another CM'er that can play the DCM role?? Sidwell I suppose with Delph in front of him?

I wouldn't normally miss a home game but just can't get excited about this game - even for a tenner. Personally, I am getting slightly fed up of MON's predictability and failure to try things when things are not working and a change is required. I can see this game being fairly turgid - I hope I am proved wrong!

If Coker is unfit and he is going to rest Stan I can't begin to imagine what side he will put out as I don't see us having another CM'er that can play the DCM role?? Sidwell I suppose with Delph in front of him?

You are fed up with the predictability that has sen us lose only 2 of our last 14 games, beat Man U away, put 5 past Bolton and 6 past Blackburn and qualify for the Final of the CCup and 4th Round of FA cup, whilst staying in contention for the Top 4 ?

Absolutely unbeleivable.

Im a bit disapointed that injured carew has suddenly gone low prophile as the winter bites like last year. We need to rotate in this game and rest Gabby/Heskey, Petrov, & Milner and Reo is also injured. This is the difference between us & Arsenal & the other sky 4. They will rest key players in advance of tough midweek fixtures in prem.

Beye should be in at R.Back. L.young. LB. Delph in. Sidwell.

I know training injuries occur but christ big John has only played subs games since full start v liverpool game.

I'm putting the cup final behind now as we need to realise we could get into a mini slump in Prem if Arsenal win on wednesday. 1 point in last 9.

They are resting players at Stoke on Sunday.

If we cant rotate against Brighton, the next round if we get through, may not be so easy depending on draw.

If Carew, NRC, Dunne, Petrov, Héskey is injured/rested I´ll hope we will see something like this:

Guzan

Beye

Collins

Clark

L Young

Albrighton

Sidwell

Delph

A. Young

Agbonlahor

Delfouneso

I would rest Milner, Carlos and Downing and put them on the bench along with a few kids.

Could be interesting seeing a Agbonlahor/Delfouneso pairing upfront....

VILLA: Guzan; Luke Young, Beye, Collins, Warnock; Sidwell, Delph, Albrighton; Ashley Young, Downing, Delfouneso. Subs: Friedel, Milner, Agbonlahor, Davies, Petrov, Lowry, Clark.

Brighton: Kuipers, McNulty, Elphick, Navarro, Forster, Murray, Dicker, Calderon, Crofts, Virgo, Bennett. Subs: Cox, Dickinson, McLeod, Hart, Carole, Hoyte, Brezovan.

Interesting, very interesting. Beye at CB? Hope that works out ok. Ashley up front or 4-3-3 with Downing in the middle?