2010 High School Coaching Thread!

Dom_Wren

Dom when you say college, what age group are we talking? 18+ or secondary school? He looks so young! And what's with the lupins?

Its generally 18-22:

18 - freshman

19 - Sophomore

20 - Juinor

21 - Senior

Although you get some variation, i was 20 when i played my first college game.

Hes not yet turned 18 i think, but will do by the summer.

Guys,

Need your help!!

My club team who won the national championship, well the GK is up for save of the year!!

Please view it here, its about 2:30 or so in. Name is James Gladden, the score was 2-1 in the last minute of the final to win it all!! So it was a money save. If you like it, please vote for him at the second link, only one per IP address. Cheers Lads!!

View saves:

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/multimedia/

Vote here (James Gladden)

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/workshop/goalandsaveoftheyearvoting.asp

Cheers boys!

Well we made cuts yesterday (only 3) and already had our first of fifteen, 6am practices this morning.

21 on Junior varsity squad (like the reserves)

21 on Varisty squad (first team)

We have a good sqaud this year, im excited as we have the talent and attitude but were going to have to fight with every last breath to win it all again. We have our first scrimmage (pre season friendly) friday and then another one against a good team on saturday, then just alot of practice time till we get rolling. I will continue to post updates, thanks again for voting lads, appreciate it!

Cheers

Dom

I voted by the way. He was third and looked like he was being beaten by a girl, which is clearly not fair as ANY save made by a girl is, by definition, **** impressive.

I voted and looking at the rest of the sves his should actualywin.

Thanks mate, I thinkit was a cracking save, but esp in the circumstances.

It was last minute of national final, were 2-1 up, if he doesnt make that, then the momentum swings back to them and who knows if we ever win it, so with all that i think its got a chance!

It's weird how the system works over there compared to here.

How so?

Well, How proper and professional the standard is at these colleges whatever!

would barely get 3 people turn up for games in here and highest level of youth football is academies, I don't think they have academies at clubs do they in America?