Rugby Union: General Chat (inc 6 Nations)

chrissmith921

Who will win the 6 Nations?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 6 Nations?

• England
    • France
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Scotland
    • Wales

The scrum rules need to change. Packs practice all week on that intial thrust not touching their opponent when the referees request them to.

Crouch *puase* touch *pause* pause *pause* engage *bigger pause* before the ball is fed is far far too long.

I've never seen so many scrum collapses as there were in the last two games today. I think the histrionics are to blame.

France deserved it in the end but lets be honest the SH teams are still head and shoulders above the rest.

Ireland seemed to give up as soon as they realised they weren't going to smash Scotland off the park, and in the end the Scots wanted it more so fair play to them.

The summer tests should be more telling, if any of the NH teams turn over some of the big boys on their own ground then we'll know a lot more about were the NH stand. But judging by the quality of the Six nations compared to the Super 14 it's pretty evident we are some way behind, although it must be said the IRB don't really help with their constant changing of laws in order to favour the SH teams.

That ref was a **** disgrace. Without wanting to sound one-eyed, despite being generally shit, we seem to suffer from that more than any other nation, which hardly helps our cause.

On a positive note, that was a much, much better performance from England. Just a little more composure from Ashton on his debut and we would've won comfortably. I'm not normally his biggest fan but the decision to take Tindall off was baffling. He was at the centre of almost everything good that we did and his withdrawal certainly robbed us of a great deal of momentum. It just shows that when we try and be ambitious, we're an infinitely better side. Although, I'm not getting carried away as it may just have been England's annual "Let's get the fans excited about next year by playing brilliantly, only to ultimately resort to the same old shit" performance that saves the coach's job. See Ireland two years ago and France last year.

• 1 month later...

So on Wednesday, Connacht beat Leinster to give them the chance of qualifying for the heinken cup for the first time ever. So they visit the bottom club Scarlets needing a win to turn their final game of the season with Ulster a real winner takes all showdown and are getting proper thumped 53-10.

France vs Ireland round 5, so far this year France winning 3-0 (though one of those was supposed to have been won by not using your hands)

Biarritz 6 - 7 Munster

50 minutes gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Rugbys not as exciting as it used to be.

I think they need to change the offside rule to make the game more open. An extra yard from the heel of the scrum should give players a bit more room to attack.

Â