• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 57)

Without wishing to totally overreacted. Bad result and one thing is becoming very very obvious is, if we wish to becvome a REALLY good side, as opposes to a good one. We need a real striker as Gabby, Heskey and Carew aren't going to take us there. Mon also clearly doesn't rate or trust in the Fonz as he gets no game time. If only we had a Defoe or Owen. Anyway im off to get pissed as that game has reall really depressed, once again failuire to capatilise on our position and favourable results, oh so familiar.

Utter utter rubbish. We were ever so poor today, worse performance than against Arsenal and Liverpool. Top 4? Jog on. Per-lease.

No imagination, no drive and very lackluster.

I couldn't see any positives from today, we even started making mistakes in defence at the end, going forward? Pah, simply not good enough. We don't just need 1 striker, we need a quality striker and someone with some god damn flair and imagination.

Hindsight about Delfouneso. If he comes on and we lose it would be 'what the hell was MON thinking'. Gabby wasn't bad at all in all round play but finishing wasn't wonderful. Not a game for Heskey and Carew didn't do much. Collins kept getting turned by Nouble would be my only point in defence. Overall we looked tired, onto Wednesday now I think.

I honestly couldn't care if it works or not. I was screaming for a change as my old man was throughout after about 60 minutes. Delfouneso and Delph or just Delph.

I couldn't care it didn't work but I watched 90 minutes of pure crap when at no point in the game I personally sensed "goal coming" and when it's 0-0 and the opposition starts to get on top, like they did for 15 mintues, why isn't O'Neill going, "well we're not doing anything anyway, might aswell go for it"

Macheda - United springs to mind, again that's not going to happen often however when it isn't going your way and your not looking like scoring, sometimes you just need something different and that's what we needed today, it was set for added energy in the middle or a peice of skill in the area.

in one word?

that was just, oh so........'villa' wasnt it?

ps - all the blackburn talk is b0ll0cks - they are a goal down so will have to come and attack so we will look good against them in the week.

today was that age old problem that a team that wants to draw against us by packing the midfield WILL get a draw because we have no means of overcoming it.

Hindsight about Delfouneso. If he comes on and we lose it would be 'what the hell was MON thinking'. Gabby wasn't bad at all in all round play but finishing wasn't wonderful. Not a game for Heskey and Carew didn't do much. Collins kept getting turned by Nouble would be my only point in defence. Overall we looked tired, onto Wednesday now I think.

I honestly couldn't care if it works or not. I was screaming for a change as my old man was throughout after about 60 minutes. Delfouneso and Delph or just Delph.

I couldn't care it didn't work but I watched 90 minutes of pure crap when at no point in the game I personally sensed "goal coming" and when it's 0-0 and the opposition starts to get on top, like they did for 15 mintues, why isn't O'Neill going, "well we're not doing anything anyway, might aswell go for it"

Macheda - United springs to mind, again that's not going to happen often however when it isn't going your way and your not looking like scoring, sometimes you just need something different and that's what we needed today, it was set for added energy in the middle or a peice of skill in the area.

Yes because Macheda is banging in the goals at the moment. Macheda against us was a total fluke, a huge gamble that payed off. I'm sure had he not scored, you wouldn't see so many United fans spunk buckets over him. I understand your point, but I don't think today was the kind of game Delf could of had a major impact, I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

At around the 70 minute mark when WHU brought on fresh legs in midfield we started to struggle. To my surprise though, it was Milner who ran out of legs more than Petrov. From that point on WHU were able to pass the ball around our central midfielders who did not have the energy to chase them. Why MON will never bring on fresh legs to replace a starting CM (unless its NRC who doesnt require replacing usually) is a mystery to me.

Our finishing was woeful and from the amount of corners we had we should have expected Green to have been a bit busier. Very frustrating day to be a villan.

Really frustrating match.

Generally I thought the performance was OK, but we're still a bit one dimensional.

We are also CRYING OUT for top quality striker, but it we all know won't happen this month. Given that though, why not throw Delfouneso on for the last 15? I can't understand it.

Oh well, there's always next season.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill: "We're disappointed we didn't win the game but I'm delighted with the effort of the side. We've not had much time to prepare but once we got into it I thought we dominated. The team has been doing well and we're still fighting on all fronts. West Ham are very good side and when they have the full compliment of players they are a handful."

gabbys hold up play was excellent today, he made 2 of his 3 chances today himself using his strength. his finishing is way off at the moment though, i think he would have score them at the start of the season. he always seems to go through this over the winter period, dont know why.

we now havent scored in 3 consecutive league games, which is awful. and its not as though we are dominating and just not having much luck in front of goal. we are not creating nearly enough. we need someone creative to come in and give us a spark. cant see MON doing it though :(

Very disappointing.

As much as I love him, that's the third PL game in a row where Jimmy just hasn't turned up (not for lack of effort though). We're looking rather tired, one-dimensional, predictable and in a need of a bit of a shake-up.

Only one team wanted it in the end. A combination of poor judgment and finishing has cost us, Gabby at the end and Carew being offside. West Ham offered very little in the game, just sat back and defended. Behrami is a cheating word removed. Another poor refereeing performace.

Petrov was excellent today, great energy, passing and commitment. It was going to be one of those afternoons.

Petrov looked bolloxed last 15mins as he does in most games.

Yes because Macheda is banging in the goals at the moment. Macheda against us was a total fluke, a huge gamble that payed off. I'm sure had he not scored, you wouldn't see so many United fans spunk buckets over him. I understand your point, but I don't think today was the kind of game Delf could of had a major impact, I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

it may have been a huge gamble that paid off, but if you dont take that gamble then it wont ever pay off will it?

we dont score for 80 minutes - what makes mon think that will score in the next 10? dont get him at all at times like that. no one is saying go to two at the back as if we are losing the fa cup final, but surely throwing on a random element such as a young striker is hardly risking much - especially as the three senior ones havent managed to trouble the keeper all game.

Well that was absolute dross. Predictable, one dimensional dross. No movement off the ball, no creativity at all. Three games without scoring, which isn't surprising seeing Heskey thinking that his job is done playing a few lay offs in the centre circle, and Carew mooching round like he's on holiday.

Another chance to get us back on track for the top 4, and another chance wasted. Why the hell can't O'Neill change a game by making a decent substitution? His one, solitary tactic is to play Heskey or Carew for an hour, then bring the other one on when the player on the pitch has invariably failed to score. Load of bloody rubbish.

I forgot to say anything about the ref in my last post on this topic. I just want to add that once again the ref made a poor decision. Kovac should have 100% been sent off. He went in with studs up and was already on a yellow. Shocking that he didn't go....

That's not making an excuse for our performance or the result by the way. It's just yet another shit decision made by a ref that has gone against us in recent weeks.

Only one team wanted it in the end. A combination of poor judgment and finishing has cost us, Gabby at the end and Carew being offside. West Ham offered very little in the game, just sat back and defended. Behrami is a cheating word removed. Another poor refereeing performace.

Petrov was excellent today, great energy, passing and commitment. It was going to be one of those afternoons.

Petrov looked bolloxed last 15mins as he does in most games.

I agree. Petrov was one of the better players today, but I still don't see what he brings to the side. If that was great energy passing and commitment...then...I don't know. He was fairly average and did next to nothing in my eyes. The rest were worse.

our strikers have only scored 14 between them all this season which is what a defoe or bent is getting by themseles right now. Its ok having a low scoring midfield if your strikers score plenty or even justifiable to have one striker not chipping in with many if the other is but we're desparatly berift of a player who can put the ball in the back of the net and seem to hae been for some time. The strike force is the only area that MON has not properly invested any money in and must be his prime concern this month (keep dreaming) or more likely in the summer.

We don't need 4 or 5 players in a window any more we need a £10-15m striker who will bring a bit of class to a neglected and very important area of the pitch. All the other top sides realise the need for quality in that area and invest accordingly.

At around the 70 minute mark when WHU brought on fresh legs in midfield we started to struggle. To my surprise though, it was Milner who ran out of legs more than Petrov. From that point on WHU were able to pass the ball around our central midfielders who did not have the energy to chase them. Why MON will never bring on fresh legs to replace a starting CM (unless its NRC who doesnt require replacing usually) is a mystery to me.

Our finishing was woeful and from the amount of corners we had we should have expected Green to have been a bit busier. Very frustrating day to be a villan.

Milner tired more because he ran his ass off to cover Petrov, who every time he went forward didn't have the legs to get back when WHU eventually countered.