• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 57)

I thought considering it was the same side which played midweek we played well, created plenty. It's just West Ham's negative tactics proved hard to break down. I'm sure MON will rally the lads for the game against Blackburn, we can count ourselves unlucky today.

A really poor result against a team that offered very little. We lacked any real urgency (maybe the players didn't want to pick up a knock before Wednesdays match or just thinking about that too much) and offered very little up front.

The defence did well, Cuellar and Warnock (especially) did well and overlapped both wingers.

Midfield was okay, plenty of balls delivered into the box but nver met by a striker. Downing and Petrov worked hard, Milner looked tired but Young wasn't at the races all game.

Gabby, had 2-3 good chances and never took one, Heskey worked hard but never looked like scoring and Carew added presence but little else.

MON should have made a couple more changes, even Sidwell could have made a difference but typically opted to knacker our best XI before arguably our biggest match in 10yrs.

The result is probably more annoying with the fact our competitors also f**ked up this weekend...

6/10 - should do better.

My ratings:

Friedel - 7. Had nothing at all to do

Cuellar - 7. Put in some good tackles and tried to get forward

Dunne - 7. Fine defensively but poor attacking at set pieces

Collins - 6. Looked rusty

Warnock - 8. Good game from the LB, both in attack and defence

Young - 6. Poor set piece taking, a few dives and little else

Petrov - 7. Worked hard but looked knackered at the end

Milner - 7. As per Petrov

Downing - 7.5. Probably pick of the midfiedlers.

Heskey - 6. Good team work but nothing up front.

Gabby - 6. Again, worked hard but has to score one of his chances

Sub: (note the lack of plural)

Carew - 6. Pretty much as Heskey, offside for goal....

MON - 6. Set the team up as per usual and not willing to make changes, regardless of Plan A not working.

Friedel- nothing to do 6

Cuellar- ok, but Young would've done a better job 6

Dunne- 7*

Collins- 5- looked tentative and Nouble owned him

Warnock 6.5- the main attacking threat

Young 6- ok but wasteful in the 2nd half

Petrov 6- one of the better players today but I fail to see what he brings to the side. Largely redudant apart from a couple of decent things on the ball

Milner 5- didn't see him apart from one shot

Downing 5- passing was very much 50/50 today.

Gabby 3.5- woefully inadequate finishing and hold up play

Heskey 5.5- redundant due to poor performances from the rest.

Carew 5

MON- inadequate, his tactical stubborness/deficiences, player favoritism and 1970s mentality were horribly exposed and let him down. He let the players and the fans down.

I thought considering it was the same side which played midweek we played well, created plenty. It's just West Ham's negative tactics proved hard to break down. I'm sure MON will rally the lads for the game against Blackburn, we can count ourselves unlucky today.

Really?

We dominated them completely except in the final third. 20 corners and we couldn't get a single header to threaten their goal. Very disappointing. The crossing from Milner Downing and Young was deplorable.

I actually though Gabby played quite well. He was very unlucky to have that shot blocked by Green and he held it up really well. For mine, Gabby plays the hold up role very well and would play the Heskey role better than Heskey in time - but he needs a goal scorer to play off.

I hope Randy was there to see that and can see his way to digging into his pockets one more time.

Great game from Petrov today - he was a magnet and extracted the ball from them at will.

One bad result and I'm not going to go OTT on the reaction. However, I do feel let down today and feel that we simply didn't perform.

In my opinion we just didn't have any end product (once again). At various points of the season this has been the case. When we did have the end product there also wasn't a forward good enough to finish. Gabby really should have scored one of his chances. He does play well for us and I am a big fan. Yet he simply isn't good enough at finishing and we still need a goalscorer alongside him.

Ratings:

Friedel - 8 - Didn't have much to deal with although when he did he was solid enough (such as his punching).

Cuellar - 6 - Did alright without standing out.

Dunne - 7 - Played very well and got stuck in throughout the game, although he did make a few mistakes.

Collins - 6 - Did his job as always without being spectacular.

Warnock - 6 - Made some good forward runs, yet was caught out of position a few times.

Young - 5 - Really poor today and couldn't cross to save his life.

Petrov - 7 - Actually thought he played quite well today.

Milner - 7 - Not as good as in recent games, however the effort was there as always.

Downing - 7 - Put in some quite good crosses and some nice runs cutting inside.

Heskey - 5 - Didn't do much today.

Gabby - 5 - Made some good runs and worked hard, yet his finishing just wasn't good enough and he is there to score.

Carew (sub) - 6 - Did better than Heskey in my opinion and gave us a little bit of life.

I just thought it was a really dull game. We had so many corners and yet didn't score from a single one. I think it was around 14 or 15 corners in the end. The delivery simply wasn't good enough, or the finishing when there was a good cross.

Today really was a wasted opportunity and we did our usual trick of messing up a chance to push on.

I'm shocked that MON didn't make any changes (other than Friedel). Even one or two different players may have freshened things up as we have a tough schedule at the moment.

I'm worried about Wednesday night now. If we play like this against Blackburn then I fear we may get knocked out of the League Cup. I just hope the lads pick it up. Perhaps they had one eye on the Semi-Final today and to be honest I would rather win that.

Gutted about today, however we all know the lads can do better. Hopefully we can win on Wednesday and then start to pick it back up in the league. UTV!

Really?

I think he's partly right; we had many many chances. The finishing was just terrible.

I went and voted for Dunne as Man of the Match. Wish I hadn't now. Petrov really if only for scoring a direct hit on Robbie Savage and drawing blood, according to the BBC site. Otherwise I'm told we had a lot of possession. Not much use when the final ball in is inevitably so **** hopeless.

We didn't give that bad a performance today - we battered them for most of the game. Fact is, we were tired and it showed around the 70th minute mark - MON should have made some changes, I think. We were very unlucky at times too. Not a good result but the performance wasn't as bad as some are trying to make out.

If Oneill thinks playing virtually the same players for 50 games or so every season, then good bye CL! Make some god damn changes ones in a while, use your **** subs!

Horrible result and again we dont take advantage when other teams **** up.

would not be too concerned if we were to sell hesky, carew, gabby, ashley and petrov, and get some quality in..........these players are running on empty looks like they all need a new club to me

Where's that biscuit? Oh you have it? Where did you get it?

You took it?

Hindsight about Delfouneso. If he comes on and we lose it would be 'what the hell was MON thinking'. Gabby wasn't bad at all in all round play but finishing wasn't wonderful. Not a game for Heskey and Carew didn't do much. Collins kept getting turned by Nouble would be my only point in defence. Overall we looked tired, onto Wednesday now I think.

fair result, until we start to create more from open play we will continue to struggle against poor oppostion.

i thought gabby was again rubbish, today showed us that he will never be a top striker, he may have speed but he lacks a footballing brain.

we are a top 8 team and anyone who thinks we are capable of a top 4 spot are dreaming.

More than anything, so bloody boring!

It really was dire, from both sides.

Best chances came from Gabby's strength and endeavor, then we see the weaker side to his game. Still doesn't deserve the slating he gets.

L. Young should probably have started, and Fonz or Delph should have been given half an hour to try something different.

That said, it only needed a couple of crosses on target, or a corner planted on Dunne's head and we'd be talking about a comfortable home win here, we never really looked troubled.

MOM...Hmmm, Warnock?