What are your views on animal testing?

paddy

Should animal testing be allowed?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should animal testing be allowed?

• Yes, drugs, cosmetics, anything (on all types of animals)
    • Yes, drugs, cosmetics, anything (only on rodents)
    • Yes, but only drugs (on all types of animal)
    • Yes, but only drugs (only on rodents)
    • No, not under any circumstances
    • Other

Yes, we value all human lives.

I don't think the problem is how you value human life, but if you value all human life the same. I'm sure some people will say each life is as valuable as any other, but I don't see it that way.

Nope. Test on humans.

Good use of criminals if you ask me.

But knowing that realistically this isn't ever going to happen, would you condone it then?

And also if it wasn't you who voted for not under any circumstances, I'd be interested to hear from who it was to explain why. It's not a witch-hunt, and I'm not going to slate your beliefs. But I wonder if you've ever had someone close to you who's had a serious illness that could potentially be saved by research done on animals.

I'd admire your morals in a way if you did, but would find it hard to understand how you would rather watch a loved one die than test on animals to potentially save them.

Yeah it was me that voted not under any circumstances.

I don't believe that humans are any better than the animals around us, what makes us so deserving of life and them not?

We are smarter and evolved far more, no doubt. But I am not questioning that. I just don't believe we are any better and are more deserving of life than any other animal on this planet.

I'd rather test on other humans. And even if a family member was close to death (which is a situation my family has been in) and there is no cure at that time, I still wouldn't condone it.

But i understand my view is in the minority, and as such i have accepted animal testing as a way of life. Do i support it? No.

RealityCheck.jpg

You might be a animal right activist, but in reality, humans are better than all animals - we're so unique to animals. Hate to say to it, I'm not particulary bothered what animal right activists say, but the fact is, animals aren't just here to roam around grassy fields looking pretty etc... the main priority for us are to eat them, it's our biggest source of food probably.

As for testing... yeah, don't see why they shouldn't be tested on. You obviously don't understand the value and how precious a human's life is to say "test it on prisioners etc...". For medicines and drugs, of course, it can potentially help sick people etc... For cosmetics, a bit indifferent on that maybe considering all the fur coats and python skin handbags my mom has. She likes them so that sits fine with me I suppose.

I voted drugs only, all animals.

At the end of the day, most of them are bred for the reason of drug research - kinda counters the argument 'who are we to worsen their life' - when they wouldnt have had a life had it not been for this very reason.

You could put the same argument forward for experimenting on humans if we bred them specifically for it. And I'm sure most of us wouldn't be too comfortable with that.

Guest Ricardomeister

I voted no, and I don't kill spiders as it is just as easy to catch them in a cup and put them outside.

You might be a animal right activist, but in reality, humans are better than all animals - we're so unique to animals.

Every animal is unique to eachother. Are we really better? Look around you. How many animals torture eachother for days and weeks just for a bit of power/information? How many animals destroy the world around us as much as we do?

If anything we are worse than animals, because we have taken our power and abused it to the point of no return.

Hate to say to it, I'm not particulary bothered what animal right activists say, but the fact is, animals aren't just here to roam around grassy fields looking pretty etc... the main priority for us are to eat them, it's our biggest source of food probably.

Yes, animals are a food source. But i'm afraid your deluded faith in your religion has made you believe that the world was created for man, but infact that very religion teaches the opposite and you of all people should know and respect that.

As for testing... yeah, don't see why they shouldn't be tested on.

Thats fair enough.

You obviously don't understand the value and how precious a human's life is to say "test it on prisioners etc..."

I do value peoples lives but I believe some (murderers, rapists) should be valued differently. Now the question is who am i to put value on these lives? I'm nobody, it's just an opinion.

fur coats and python skin handbags my mom has. She likes them so that sits fine with me I suppose.

If you knew how that fur was obtained i have no doubt your opinion would differ.

Guest Ricardomeister
I voted no, and I don't kill spiders as it is just as easy to catch them in a cup and put them outside.
Where they die anyway due to the conditions?

Yes, of course! How correct you are...no spiders are able to live outside! :shock: :lol:

Where they die anyway due to the conditions?

Yes, of course! How correct you are...no spiders are able to live outside! :shock: :lol:

Specifically spiders that live in your house..:? Unless you're finding jungle tarantulas and putting them outside.

put it outside to be eaten by birds

you've just ended that spiders life

theres a reason why you dont go to court for killing a cow to be eaten (humanely etc) but you do for killing a human (regardless of how humanely you do it)

one rule for animals, one rule for humans. thats why they sleep in shit and we sleep in beds.

I really don't understand the mentality of someone who views the life of a rodent to be equal to that of a human being. I'm assuming they've never lost anyone close to them due to a debilitating and currently incurable disease. If they have, well, they're pretty screwed up.

Anyone opposed to animal testing should also be barred from receiving any treatment that has it's roots in animal testing.

People should have to carry around cards pledging their support for animal testing, and before any aid is administered to them their documents should be checked. They'll also have to produce them at the GP's clinic.

Anyone in need of care that was developed through the use of animal testing that doesn't support animal testing should be given a chance to repent their beliefs and accept that animal testing is for the greater good, and if they don't they can be thrown out to find alternative treatment that wasn't bought around through testing on fluffy things. I suggest acupuncture or homoeopathy.

Â