Should DOL stay or go?

Wurzel

Should DOL go?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should DOL go?

• Yes
    • No

true, but we have a very special situation with the take over.

Not really. We still have a football team to run

Yes agree, but Doug is trying to sell up, don't you think there is a risk he might try to avoid sacking the manager? Could be because he don't want to make the pay of or it could be because the comers would want to install a new man, hence they might would have to fire the new manager! It is a mess as I see it. I just wish that Doug and the Comers would agree or disagree so we can get this shio turned.

I'd say 'yes' but he won't be sacked yet.

Someone said it'll cost £4 million to terminate the big juicy contract he recently signed. Why would Doug spend £4 million when he can just wait for the takeover and leave it for the new owners to pick up the tab?

from caugtoffside.com

David O’Leary’s fairly crap reign as Aston Villa manager could be about to end as bookmakers William Hill have shortened the odds on his sacking from 11/4 to 2/1 after Villa were given a 3-0 bollocking by Doncaster in the Carling Cup.

You’d be hard pressed to find a fan or website containing a favorable opinion of good ol DO’L these days, and it’s for good reason. He’s openly said his players are crap, keeps complaining about lack of available funds despite wasting 10million in the summer , and most recently he’s decided to go all out and have a go at the few fans he may have had left.

But is it really his fault? After successfully inspiring the phrase ‘Do a Leeds’, he was given a second chance at really the only club who had an owner daft enough to do so. O’Leary managed to ruin the team that had a Chelski-like transfer budget before Roman Abramovich was even considering fleeing to the UK to avoid KGB assassins, so it’s a bit mystifying as to why Doug Ellis felt O’Leary was the right man for the job in the first place (or is it?).

Regardless, it’ll all be over soon for Villa fans - although they may want to keep their fingers crossed that David Pleat finds himself another job before Deadly Doug starts his search.

I voted no, he's annoyed me and now has 2 strikes, but it'll take a 3rd to get him out that could and probably will come should we get nothing from the next 3 games. I have more patience than most and think that a manager doesn't become poor over night and he was a good manager at Leeds motivating young players into beating some of the best sides in Europe (a point clearly forgotten by those at caughtoffside.com)

Jewell was deemed a failure and sacked by Sheffield Wednesday and is now achieving great things at Wigan, you can slag me off for saying it but I'm sticking with DOL certainly in the short term and nothing anyone is going to say is going to change my mind as i feel he's a young manager who can go far in the game.

Yes we deserve better than last night and the point that pisses me off is not the fact that we got beat (I can take that, its part of football) its the lack of apology, but if we make up for it with performances then as the saying goes 'talk is cheap' and actions will speak louder than words. There will be a time to go and then and only then can the people who have been pumping out the same crap for a year or so can rejoice, but I don't believe that time is yet.

I know certain people will say i'm wrong, but Fergie was in a similar situation at Man U not so many years ago and turned it round so maybe its not all as cut and dry as some people think!

O'Leary has this curent Villa team playing like Billy McNeal's disastrous 1986-1987 side.

He has to go, even for the short term. We have to stay up this season - for the sake of our future. Any takeover won't happen with us in the first division, and survival won't happen with him in charge.

If we lose to Newcastle his position will be unbearable.

it's been commented over and over again how he has lost the dressing room

Yes, but by the same poster! I still don't believe this is the case yet. Of course the players will catch the fans' mood eventually and turn on him if things get really nasty.

He's still got my vote, but then I didn't see the Donny game :).

He CAN turn the tide, but he's left himself a tough few games to do it in.

I only hope you're right BigJim.... But personally I think it's all over with our gaffer ...

Any premiership manager worth his weight would have kicked some arse and gotten some kind of result last night, instead he sat on his bench and watched a dismal uninspiring shit display by "his" team.

At the end of the day, I don't think O'Leary has the motivational skills required at the level he's being paid at.

He has to go IMO !

Â