LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

Ultimately the 4 3 3 is better in both an attacking and a defensive sense, particularly away from home, and definitely in a 2 legged cup tie where Blackburn are unlikely to get anything at Villa Park in the 2nd.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can absolutely stuff this lot and finish it in the 1st leg then just have a party at the home leg. Mind you if it turns out that Blackburn have only sold 11k then it will be like a home game!

We can absolutely stuff this lot and finish it in the 1st leg then just have a party at the home leg. Mind you if it turns out that Blackburn have only sold 11k then it will be like a home game!

On a Blackburn forum they are saying the figures include those sold to Villa so we'll have virtually as many fans as them there if they don't have a surge in sales before Tuesday night :shock:

Jesus Wept. That Lee fella on the Official Rovers Messageboard says that the 12-13,000 figure of tickets sold for Tuesday INCLUDES Villa fans!!!!

Aye, I have just re-read the comments on the Official Messageboard and it is indeed the total figure including Villa sales. That is shockingly bad. Brace yourselves for pointing and laughing on Wednesday morning comrades.

I think MON will go

Friedel

Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock

Downing, Petrov, Milner, Young

Heskey, Agbonlahor.

He's probably right, but i would like to try

Guzan

Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock

Petrov, NRC

Downing, Milner, A Young

Agbonlahor

The thing is, Delph and NRC bashed them around the park (Or so I've heard) on Saturday, so I'd like to see them play, but 442 this season has won us more games, and we all know MON won't drop Petrov again, so it's a tough one really. Delph could come on as a sub at halftime for NRC/Petrov, depending on whether we're winning or not.

The thing is, Delph and NRC bashed them around the park (Or so I've heard) on Saturday, so I'd like to see them play, but 442 this season has won us more games, and we all know MON won't drop Petrov again, so it's a tough one really. Delph could come on as a sub at halftime for NRC/Petrov, depending on whether we're winning or not.

well unless i'm mistaken Petrov hasn't played in any cup games, so i wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't picked as a starter meaning NRC should get to start.

With 4-5-1, we are 9 points from 9, including away wins at Plop and Blues. I'm afraid it is impossible to argue statistically that 4-4-2 is superior to 4-5-1 for us this season.

With 4-5-1, we are 9 points from 9, including away wins at Plop and Blues. I'm afraid it is impossible to argue statistically that 4-4-2 is superior to 4-5-1 for us this season.

Because 3 out of 30+ games is of course a fair sample.........

We won at OT with a 442, Sunderland and Portsmouth too, but lets just ignore those eh?

With it been a 2 legged affair I can see MON springing a few surprises knowin that we have them to come at villa park. While i dont agree with it I can see Carlos sitting this one out for Collins. While I know this is a semi final I think he will still have a close eye on Sat against Wigan.

For what its worth can see it been a score draw which would do me nicely

Having been at the game it was obvious to me Blackburn have made a clear decision that the League Cup semi final is the one they have targeted, without any doubt i think we will see a completely different side and mentality on Tues. This is still not a done deal and if we are over confident or complacent after Sat we will pay the price.

Surely this applies to us as well though as we had a changed side out, its clear that the semi is more important to both clubs, we had a stronger squad to change it around though.

I'll try from another angle, A Typical full strength Blackburn side beat a Typical full strength Villa side at Blackburn earlier in the season 2-1 when both sides were committed.

The point I'm making is we shouldn't look at Saturday's game, we should look at how we can be better than than the 2-1 defeat earlier in the season, that way we leave no box unticked.

My other point would be that Blackburn will be more committed to getting a result at home in a first leg in a competition that they are just one step away from a final in and will look at how they beat us earlier in the season, not how they lost on Saturday.

Yes Villa will be at full strength and should be improved on Saturday, its still going to be a difficult game IMO and not one were we can sit back and believe its in the bag.

I bet Cuéllar's hoping MON doesn't decide to rest him for this match or the trip to Wigan. Once Dunne and Collins get back together they may take a bit of shifting.