• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Delph 46)
    • Carew (for Delfouneso 74)

Seen the Diouf tackle again and realise he did deserve to go. Wasn't sure at the time.

An absolute disgrace of a tackle, designed to injure, can't believe Beye was trying to prevent him from getting sent off, a smack in the mouth would have been more appropriate!

Diouf is a disgrace to the game.

Watch how mental the linesman goes with his flag after the Diouf tackle. It's like he's having an epi from the strobe advertising boards.

"That was a really bad tackle. I think my flag deserves a right good waving for that."

Nice to see Delph and Coker play together, honestly it's a partnership I've wanted to see for a while and it seemed to work well.

Agreed. High energy, right and left foot, drive. One cultured, one agricultural but breaks down the opposition.

The right type of partnership for a 4-4-2 IMO.

So let's say NRC and Delph (or NRC & Petrov, or Delph & Petrov, or Sidwell & any one of these).

What about Milner? Attacking central midfield or out wide? Or benched? Then there's Young and Downing.

NRC, Delph, Milner, Young and Downing? That makes 5. So we play a 4-5-1. A midfield of:

................NRC.....Delph.............

....................Milner....................

Young............................Downing

I like it. But it doesn't look very MONnish does it? Only one man up? Fine by me but fine by MON?

Seen the Diouf tackle again and realise he did deserve to go. Wasn't sure at the time.

An absolute disgrace of a tackle, designed to injure, can't believe Beye was trying to prevent him from getting sent off, a smack in the mouth would have been more appropriate!

Diouf is a disgrace to the game.

Very much "this".

So let's say NRC and Delph (or NRC & Petrov, or Delph & Petrov, or Sidwell & any one of these).

What about Milner? Attacking central midfield or out wide? Or benched? Then there's Young and Downing.

NRC, Delph, Milner, Young and Downing? That makes 5. So we play a 4-5-1. A midfield of:

................NRC.....Delph.............

....................Milner....................

Young............................Downing

I like it. But it doesn't look very MONnish does it? Only one man up? Fine by me but fine by MON?

Definitely my preferred line up but I would draw it slightly differently.

------------ NRC -------------

----- Millie ------- Delph ----

Ash ----------------------- DJ

I see Delph and Millie as two attack minded CM'ers with NRC covering in the old "Makalele with Legs" role! Both CM'ers could interchange with the winger outside them and across the four for that matter - very fluid I would hope with NRC providing the cover. I think this would be a very positive selection.