• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Reo-Coker
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Delph 46)
    • Carew (for Delfouneso 74)

MON almost got the line-up spot on, but, for one decision. Why, oh why, when the opportunity to rest our first team is there, did he not rest the guy out of that first team who needs a rest the MOST. I am, of course, talking about Stewart Downing.

Should think at the moment Downing needs as much pitch time as possibe to get him conditioned ro playing at the competitive level he needs to.

That's ITV all over. Don't people remember "The Premiership". An hour and 15 minutes of the top 4, then 15 minutes of everyone else's games, which most of the time was literally just the goals.

The Beeb may be biased but at least they give everyone some real highlights, rather than just the goals.

Didn’t the ITV commentator on the Burnley match say this was the first season for Burnley in the top flight??? Obviously research not high on the ITV agenda.

That's ITV all over. Don't people remember "The Premiership". An hour and 15 minutes of the top 4, then 15 minutes of everyone else's games, which most of the time was literally just the goals.

The Beeb may be biased but at least they give everyone some real highlights, rather than just the goals.

Didn’t the ITV commentator on the Burnley match say this was the first season for Burnley in the top flight??? Obviously research not high on the ITV agenda.

Football didn't exist before the Premiership in ITV's eyes.

Downing has put some cracking deliveries in but the strikers have been no where near them. Some of hiss crosses bounce on the 6 yard line, the perfect place where a striker should be attacking. This is the only reason why it looks like he's not doing well in the final 3rd.

MON almost got the line-up spot on, but, for one decision. Why, oh why, when the opportunity to rest our first team is there, did he not rest the guy out of that first team who needs a rest the MOST. I am, of course, talking about Stewart Downing.

Should think at the moment Downing needs as much pitch time as possibe to get him conditioned ro playing at the competitive level he needs to.

He obviously needed a run of regular games, yes, but having watched him in every game since he's come back it is clear to me that he is still some way off playing his best football and as part of that comeback, he needs to be dropped for a game or two. He is a winger and yet I cannot remember the last time he even attempted to beat a man down the line. His passing is good but like i've already said, his tackling is woeful and he seems visibly concerned about getting injured again. After such an injury he should have been brought back more gradually to get the best out of him, not play him in every bloody game, even when other first teamers are being rested. It's stupid in my opinion.

Downing has put some cracking deliveries in but the strikers have been no where near them. Some of hiss crosses bounce on the 6 yard line, the perfect place where a striker should be attacking. This is the only reason why it looks like he's not doing well in the final 3rd.

In the last three league games Downing has attempted six crosses (all unsuccessful) with only one of them (in the Arsenal game) landing in the six yard box. So the stats don't really back-up what you're saying.

In the last three league games Downing has attempted six crosses (all unsuccessful) with only one of them (in the Arsenal game) landing in the six yard box. So the stats don't really back-up what you're saying.

There were at least 2 crosses that landed in the 6 yard box against Liverpool! They are classed as unsuccessful as no one got on the end of them. Match of the day highlighted the crosses from Downing. And i can't believe there are stats on where the ball landed!

There were at least 2 crosses that landed in the 6 yard box against Liverpool! They are classed as unsuccessful as no one got on the end of them. Match of the day highlighted the crosses from Downing. And i can't believe there are stats on where the ball landed!

Have a gander if you don't believe me:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

His only two crosses against Liverpool were definitely not in the six yard box.

After watching the Blackburn goal it looks to me like Guzan may have been fouled as he had control of the ball before the player knocks into him - can't be sure though thanks to ITV's shoddy coverage.

Shocking tackle from Diouf and deserving of a red card, Ash's crosses for the two goals were very good.

Allardyce is claiming that Diouf didn't deserve to be sent off. Urm, wtf!

I do like his reasoning of, because the tackle was too far away from the ref. Good one.

Whatever the maximum suspension / fine is he deserves that. Or a total ban from football for accumulated idiocy.

Anyway, well done Villa. Cant comment on the game only saw ITV's highlights of highlights.

Nice to see Fonz bag a goal, Delph get a game (and playing well by all accounts) and a couple of players rested.

Now how do i decide my man of the match?

Was a good game really, seen it through a strange pair of eyes as I wasnt drunkered, still hanging from new years :lol:

First half we were full of praises, good to see the lads running about and seeing new boy delph having a good game. Ashley young was looking somewhere back to his good self, chasing down and creating rather than diving and moaning.

THem going down to 10 men seemed to spur them on, they appeared to be putting up a much tougher fight but we held our nerve and got the result.

Was great to see us save that pen that didnt seem from where I was sitting a pen in a million years. My mate was convinced he would save it, I had other doubts but I'm glad he was right :)

Allardyce is claiming that Diouf didn't deserve to be sent off. Urm, wtf!

Yah, I saw that and well from where I was sitting which was the lower part of upper holte it appeared he gave Beye a right clattering. Beye didnt look hurt but so what it was proper dangerous play and could have been a lot worse, you have to be punished for dangerous play like that.

One thing I was wondering though, was Beye trying to convince the referee not to send him off?!?